Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No mention of the JP masks

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
No mention of the JP masks or the afro wigs. Shame!

Didn't see the flag, did someone take it in the end?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
That was because the Aldershot game over ran. Heard a good rendition of Build a Bonfire, but our fans weren't really featured at all.

Shankly Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Littlehampton
I only saw onePrescott mask and a hanful of afros....

There seemed to be a lot of pieces of A4 being held up - was it Falmer stuff?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I think the coverage we got was unfair. I only saw one Prescott mask.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
We needed the flag, they would've shown that

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Shame no one could be bothered to take it. Swindon were ready for it.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
The Sky coverage was shoddy. Our fans were hardly shown at all.
Did see Lord Bracknell and BAG at the end though.
Hopefully the home leg will be more fruitful.

Last edited:

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Did not see Prescott masks or hear we want falmer really. But heard lots of AlBIOOOOON and Brighton til i die. Bloddy Sky :angry:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Extremely biased coverage for ST on Sky... no mention of our chances in the build up, and at one stage at the end of the first half, the commentator was actually willing Swindon to shoot!

Dave In Gloucester

Oct 19, 2003
Gloucester, UK
I was at the game and alot of people did have their Prescott masks and posters and things - had them at the start of the game and then put them down when we got going - or used then as a hat against the sun!

Most of them were left at the end of the game...

:drink:

Only saw one flash of the ' Need Falmer' banner near the corner in the first half. Justa as Swindon were taking a corner. It showed for a split second and then the director cut to the long shot. Otherwise little feature of our fans though commentary team did refer to our need for a new Stadium once or twice,.

The whole Prescott mask thing was a bit of a washout. For a start the club advertised its own posters for fans to hold up, thus diluting the attention from the masks idea.

I saw a few go up. Unfortunately it required everyone to do it, and once it became clear a lot of people weren't bothering, I didn't either. Took them up up but left 'em at the pub before the game.

Nice idea but just didn't work.

Mr C said:
The whole Prescott mask thing was a bit of a washout. For a start the club advertised its own posters for fans to hold up, thus diluting the attention from the masks idea.

I saw a few go up. Unfortunately it required everyone to do it, and once it became clear a lot of people weren't bothering, I didn't either. Took them up up but left 'em at the pub before the game.

Nice idea but just didn't work.

Worth a try again on Thursday though. More of us at home, every time someone takes a throw near you get the mask up . If we get there Cardiff would be good too. More coverage and a lot more people for the cameras to catch.
We need to synchronise times; e.g. 10 minutes in, 30 minutes, 2 minutes before half time accompanied by ' We love you Prezza, we do'

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I wonder if Sky were instructed to avoid showing the JP masks as they have been told off in the past for Prescott's name being mentioned.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Don't forget that, as we're quite close to an election, broadcasters all have to give fair and balanced coverage to all parties. (Representation of the People Act 1974 and Broadcasting Act 1990). Sky's directors may well have chosen to avoid showing pics of and banners naming Prezza for this reason.

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
Downloaded Penguin said:
No mention of the JP masks ...

Blimey, I thought it was the Pete Canning Appreciation Society day out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here