Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No loan signings - why?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Its a joke MM is walking on very thin ice.We have had since f***ing June to bring in fullbacks and a centre midfielder etc so whatd does the jock clown do waste 150k on some !!!! he has only ever seen play one half v those world beaters Lewes.
3 wins in 31 says it all.Really pissed off been a shit week:angry:

Stumpy Tim

I'm not sure it's quite as easy as saying, "I want a left back" and then one turns up. Harding is considered one of the better English left-backs around, and he was toss. So why do we think we would suddenly find a good one lying around?

I don't want players coming to the Albion if they won't improve what we've already got.

E

enigma

Stumpy Tim said:
I'm not sure it's quite as easy as saying, "I want a left back" and then one turns up. Harding is considered one of the better English left-backs around, and he was toss. So why do we think we would suddenly find a good one lying around?

I don't want players coming to the Albion if they won't improve what we've already got.

exactly no point taking players for the sake of it

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
enigma said:
exactly no point taking players for the sake of it

I agree to an extent but in our current predicament I think what we really need are players to make up the numbers. We aren't going to get any world beaters to shore up our defence, but we need somebody, anybody, to cover what few defenders we have left fit at the club.

Even Joe Dolan would make sense right now. We're not looking for players for the future, or even for the season. Just players to plug the holes. Otherwise we're going to end up having to play strikers as centre backs, in a role reversal of last season

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Stumpy Tim said:

We have Kerry Mayo

(ducks quickly)

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
I think its just down to cash. We just haven't got any.

I was looking at last years Report & Accounts for the club for the year to the end of Dec last and I was quite surprised by the level of debt. This excluded the Virgo/Harding sales but even so I was quite amazed that the club is still going and that the Board are not trading insolvently (which is illegal).

It shows why they needed cash from us last year, and I would imagine the position is not improving.

For his faults, I think that now with the smallest squad in the division, the lowest turnover, even lower than Crewe, that it is remarkable that we compete at all. I really can't think of anyone that would be better, other than Mickey perhaps, but even he is struggling at this level.

I would not be surprised if we didn't see Frutos/Carole leaving in the new year, plain and simple we need the cash to survive.

Dont forget that McGhee has generally been excellent in the transfer market, aside from the Argie waste of space. Jarrett cost nothing, Dodd on a free (admittedly that seems expensive),

Virgo: Currie: Cullip, Harding, Carole, Frutos and he clearly could not replace the wages spent on those that retired early.

Piercy;Roberts etc...

It could be worse. Also I think that he knows he might need to keep loan signings up his sleeve for the new year, you never know he might have already lined something up.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Yes, why didn't Mark McGhee bring in any old tat on loan. We could all spent hours of our lives moaning about it. How many players do we need? We can only field 11 at a time. Yes, we are short on defender, and McGhee is probably aware of this. But we're bottom of the championship, with the most limited playing budget in the division, so who would we get? So reserve from the championship. Remember we already have two loans (abiet McShanes gone) so any more and you'll all be whinging that we're not a 'Brighton' team but a team of mis-fits.

There is money available and thats a fact. Maybe we should write to all the other clubs and tell them McGhees got money to spend in January, and would they kindly push up their prices for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here