Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No loan signings - why?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Saving money for a permanent signing in Jauary?
Saving money for a few loanees in January?
Been promised some playesr in January?

or

Resigned to scrapping out this relegation fight with the squad we've got as the board aren't really that arsed if we get relegated?

I'm not be maliscious in any way but it does raise the question AGAIN whether the playing side is taking a back step for a few seasons until Falmer is on the way for real. Personally I wouldn't mind this but it's not ideal.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I know its only a month but it is the month with the most matches in it (i believe) and the squad is all ready at breaking point with two injuries and if Eld abd or Butters get injuried You are looking at a return of mayo or a youth teamer at cb.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Be nice to get a statement from the club either way. There are quite probably good reasons but they do have a duty to keep their paying punters informed. Or is that naive and old fashioned?

LDC application for a JDC is not a good excuse as I gather the club were expecting that anyway.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
KinkyGoebels said:
I know its only a month but it is the month with the most matches in it (i believe) and the squad is all ready at breaking point with two injuries and if Eld abd or Butters get injuried You are looking at a return of mayo or a youth teamer at cb.

I think if that happens we will prob ask for an emergency loan. Same as if Blayney was to get injured.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Perhaps we can get an answer out of the club today? Can someone ring the club and get them to issue a statement. I would like to know what happened, considering we have been talking about players we need for goodness knows how long....

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Even bloody Wednesday and Coventry have signed a few players. For the love of god MM please get a few faces in in January. Do it for the children.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Imagine the following :

You were asked to move to another company for the same money, but instead of an office with a desk, chair, computer and coffee machine you got a shed with a deckchair and kettle.

You had to compete with all the other companies that had offices, computers etc, and if you didn't beat them all you had some complete wanker shouting 'twat' at you all the time.

What would you do ? ???

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
WATFORD zero said:
Imagine the following :

You were asked to move to another company for the same money, but instead of an office with a desk, chair, computer and coffee machine you got a shed with a deckchair and kettle.

You had to compete with all the other companies that had offices, computers etc, and if you didn't beat them all you had some complete wanker shouting 'twat' at you all the time.

What would you do ? ???

If I wasn't doing any work and had no chance of progression without experience, I would take the different job to fill out the CV. Doesn't look great on the CV if you list your "responsibilities" of your job and you don't do anything apart from filing or photocopying.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
If you know its only for a short period of time and your new collegues are nice (mostly) then a downgrading of offices can be a nice thing.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DAMANCLAY said:
I am under the impression that its any position, ill do a bit of research and see what i can find.

I just thought you could do it with keepers as its the only postion you cant fill with any player.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
There are no more emergency loans allowed till 1st of January. So kinky we are a bit screwed if we get and injury!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Because Magoo is a useless lardy jocko bufoon. He probably didnt even know there was a deadline.

Magoo OUT NOW

:angry: :angry: :angry:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
It is only keepers.Could we play Blayney at right back and borrow another goalie?

Presumably we didn't take loan signings because

a) People we wanted wouldn't come or were out of our price range.

b) Players do not fancy the shed and kettle career progression.

c) The management felt that those available and willing to come would not improve the squad beyond our current (meagre) ensemble.

d) I wouldn't join a club that would have me as a member.(Marx).

(Groucho).

E

enigma

Its a good question. I was surprised we didnt sign anyone but maybe the sudden nature of McShane's injury meant that we were caught out in the market, and all the good players had gone in his position. In which case, I'd rather McGhee saved the loan as it were for later on in the season, rather than wasting it on someone shit.

But it does seem strange to me that we didnt go in for a left back, we really could have done with someone that plays there, even just for a month or two.

Who knows why we didnt. Perhaps the money is being saved for Henderson, in which case its a good idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here