Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Hawkins...

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
who cares as long as Hawkins stays on the bench for the foreseeable future

I havent seen many games this season, so i dont know how 'badly' hawkins has been playing. But if he's played worse than el-abd did yesterday then i will be amazed.

El-abd isnt a centre back, and yesterday he had a shocker. I'm not laying the blame at his feet, because he wasn't the only one of our 'professionals' who had a shocker yesterday. I'm just pointing out that i can't believe hawkins is or has been worse than el-abd showed yesterday.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I blame Hawkins....

....for being so shit that El-Abd got in the team, and was a f***ing DISGRACE. Obviously his ego got the better of him after being praised on Wednesday night, so he thought he could turn up without putting in the effort. At fault for all 3. Prick.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I blame Hawkins....

....for being so shit that El-Abd got in the team, and was a f***ing DISGRACE. Obviously his ego got the better of him after being praised on Wednesday night, so he thought he could turn up without putting in the effort. At fault for all 3. Prick.

I blame you for always needing to blame somebody. :bigwave:

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
And that relates to El-abd having a shocker and the Albion defence being shit why?

'Course not. You were blaming Hawkins for being soooo shit that El-Abd had to come in & be shit, so I thought it would be fun to then blame you for starting it all off. Anyway, now you seem to be blaming the entire back-4 for being shit - so I guess it's some sort of progress! :thumbsup:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
'Course not. You were blaming Hawkins for being soooo shit that El-Abd had to come in & be shit, so I thought it would be fun to then blame you for starting it all off. Anyway, now you seem to be blaming the entire back-4 for being shit - so I guess it's some sort of progress! :thumbsup:

Nah.

Richards and Whing are good players but SPECTACULARLY off-form. Richards in particular yesterday was WOEFUL. I would think our lack of back-ups has given these two a hint of complacency, and they just aren't delivering.

El-abd is erratic, often shit, occassionaly good - yesterday he looked like he didn't care.

Hawkins is a fat, lumbering oaf who can't do anything other than head a ball up in the air (or into his own net). His arrival has seen us lose our second best defender.

Elphick is only 21 and gave a captain's performance yesterday. Slow start to the season perhaps, but without him we'd be letting in 6's and 7's every game.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Nah.

Richards and Whing are good players but SPECTACULARLY off-form. Richards in particular yesterday was WOEFUL. I would think our lack of back-ups has given these two a hint of complacency, and they just aren't delivering.

El-abd is erratic, often shit, occasionally good - yesterday he looked like he didn't care.

Hawkins is a fat, lumbering oaf who can't do anything other than head a ball up in the air (or into his own net). His arrival has seen us lose our second best defender.

Elphick is only 21 and gave a captain's performance yesterday. Slow start to the season perhaps, but without him we'd be letting in 6's and 7's every game.

So it wasn't all our defenders who were shit yesterday then, it was the other three apart from Tommy Elphick. Thanks for clearing that one up. How come you know the real reason why Joel Lynch threw a strop & flounced off to Forest? Do you have access to 'inside information'??

Oh yeah, and I'm still a wee bit confused about your opinion of Colin Hawkins. I thought you were a big fan of him? :)

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
I blame Hawkins....

I'm sure El-Abds ecstatic with his performance as well. So he played shit, doesn't make him a prick.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nobody will be more upset with the preformance than Adam El Abd. When a player hasn't played well he knows it and doesn't need people on fans forum to tell him how bad he was.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Nobody will be more upset with the preformance than Adam El Abd. When a player hasn't played well he knows it and doesn't need people on fans forum to tell him how bad he was.

Far better to tell him at the end of the game then he can turn round and tell his own fans to f*** OFF like last season...

MODEL pro eh?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I think Adam El-Abd is best when he is dressed as a banana.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Although Elphick does make mistakes, he was the best defender by a mile yesterday, but still played badly

When Carlisle scored their second goal, El Abd was dribbling the ball up the LEFT wing, with Elphick and WHING at centre back, and Richards playing right back.
Kuipers then tried a camera save, which he could have held or pushed out for a corner, instead it went near the corner flag, which Kavanagh ran in, pulled it back for theit 4 to score

El Abd was at fault for 2 goals, and played rubbish, which was a shame after his quite good performance sgainast Swindon.

There was no "escaped goat" for the defence this time, they were all pretty bad, as was the midfield, and striker force.

For me our only 2 players to stand out were Murray and Livermore

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Far better to tell him at the end of the game then he can turn round and tell his own fans to f*** OFF like last season...

MODEL pro eh?

I wasn't aware of this last season, I've only heard about it recently. What exactly was El-Abd saying f*** off to, what did the fans say to him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here