Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] No Harm Done Then?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
As much as I would love it, that’s not going to happen at all. Southampton are already on 31 points, Danny Ings is on fire and their next fixtures are:

Aston Villa;
West Ham;
Newcastle;
Norwich.

They’ll be safe by mid March.
4 wins makes our task easier.

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
Is it though?! I can't decide... Is going to football actually fun anymore in 2020 if you think too hard about it!?

Yep!! I Love it, just like Forrest Gump's Box of Chocolates "you never know......."
what would a Match day be without the "today is the day"

:albion2::banana:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The resigned, long faces on the park’n’ride buses say it all. In complete contrast to the buzzing and boozy concourses pre match, a general feeling of we about to enjoy a win. The PL.

Survive this season and we could be the next Leicester in the following years.
Looking at it from a different perspective.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The resigned, long faces on the park’n’ride buses say it all. In complete contrast to the buzzing and boozy concourses pre match, a general feeling of we about to enjoy a win. The PL.

I am loving this season, I loathed last season, but we are no better off points wise :shrug:

The only time I’ve left games angry this season is because of the ref or things going for the opposition. Last season I was angry after most games post December.

I guess it’s because I now enjoy watching the Albion draw or lose and very occasionally win. I would be happy with some dull wins though at the moment.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I am loving this season, I loathed last season, but we are no better off points wise :shrug:

The only time I’ve left games angry this season is because of the ref or things going for the opposition. Last season I was angry after most games post December.

I guess it’s because I now enjoy watching the Albion draw or lose and very occasionally win. I would be happy with some dull wins though at the moment.

Very true. The only anger, quite widespread boos at some half time whistles or if Stephens/Propper/Webster are making blunders.

I just sit there resigned when we’re shit, then later vent my spleen by posting on NSC .... by midnight on match-days, my emotions are all sorted.

Wins of any form are the holy grail for me, I’ve always said that even-PL, ugly will do fine.

I do think we’re been pretty crap at the Amex of late ... Blades for most the match, Villa second half, Watford for the first 60 minutes, Massive enough said. Certainly not swashbuckling football, or unlucky not to win.

I don’t feel the pain some do, because Championship football wouldn’t bother me in the slightest.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Really looking forward to the rest of the season now. I'm genuinely CHOMPing at the bit to see what Lamptey and Sexy Alexy can do.

Plus we are going to absolutely annihilate Palace.

For Cufks sake, you know what happens when you make a prediction like that . Cut it out man!:glare:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

I left the Villa game angry because the one thing we knew the team had to do was keep Grealish out of the game, maybe by putting two men on him. And yet they decided to have no-one on him when he scored.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
A win on Satdi would be soooo sweet. I think we could just breathe a little bit easier then. You never know. Sheff Utd better away than at home.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We did badly in a run of 5 or 6 games but that's why we're down the bottom. If we'd beaten the teams around us in those games we'd be comfortably top half. So we're exactly where we should be. Everything is so tight this season (apart from Liverpool). The important thing was we didn't loose them, however it's just frustrating to be so close to the next level.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
As much as I would love it, that’s not going to happen at all. Southampton are already on 31 points, Danny Ings is on fire and their next fixtures are:

Aston Villa;
West Ham;
Newcastle;
Norwich.

We said the same about our prospects when having a similar 4 game run!

I'm not convinced by Stains. Although it might appear unlikely, supporters of all those 4 will be thinking they have an opportunity for 3 points

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Aston Villa;
West Ham;
Newcastle;
Norwich.

ÌMHO that's the single biggest danger to us: two teams in our GROUP OF DEATH playing each other. All the time we're not picking up maximum points, chances are that one or other of them is doing just that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I quite like our last three fixtures, against mid-table teams .... but I really really hope we're not biting our nails at that point...

Anyone would think that you had only just started following the Albion, we don’t do stress free end of seasons very often, I really doubt this will be one of them :smile:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
So the doom and gloom of our 1-1 result against Watford seems to have been sweetened by results elsewhere over the last week. In fact we’ve gained a point over our nearest and dearest. Defeats for Palace, Bournemouth, Southampton, Norwich and Villa, and West Ham on a pointless tour of the M1 and M6, have made me feel a bit happier. With MacAllister and Lamptey in the mix I am now looking forward with confidence rather than trepidation to future Albion games - I just hope no one bursts my balloon. :wink:

AngelicPertinentGypsymoth-size_restricted.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here