Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No hard feelings.....

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought a fair result would be 1-0 to Southampton. Our games this season (for bad or worse) seem to be like Saturday this year. A long ball into the channels and our defenders struggle and most likely we will concede. Gus says have patience, keep our shape (with eleven players preferably), do not panic and work our way back into the game. For the first time this year Noone had no joy against Fox. Up until the sending off you had created two half chances and got a goal and the game was still on. We could not go gung-ho as Southampton were recognised as a good counter-attacking team.

It was disappointing because at the end of the first half we had weathered the storm and we had started to get more adventurous. Still if we played like we did in the first half a goal was almost inevitable, so a change in formation would be planned. But the ridiculous penalty and sending off spoiled the game.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
And I will keep saying it until this manufactured rivalry fucks off from whence it came.
*Retreats to a safe distance*

Actually I'd say the current (as opposed to the 1970s) Brighton and Palace rivalry is far more manufactured as it had to be artificially kept alive throughout the DECADES when we never played each other. Mind you at least I can no longer sing "Stand up if you've seen Palace", and if we can both stay in the same division for a few years and become promotion rivals then maybe it'll come back.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
All this give it 2-3 years and we'll be up there doing what Southampton are doing is complete shite - there are no guarantees in football. Avoiding being raped in the transfer window as we always are, would be a good start though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I thought a fair result would be 1-0 to Southampton. Our games this season (for bad or worse) seem to be like Saturday this year. A long ball into the channels and our defenders struggle and most likely we will concede. Gus says have patience, keep our shape (with eleven players preferably), do not panic and work our way back into the game. For the first time this year Noone had no joy against Fox. Up until the sending off you had created two half chances and got a goal and the game was still on. We could not go gung-ho as Southampton were recognised as a good counter-attacking team.

It was disappointing because at the end of the first half we had weathered the storm and we had started to get more adventurous. Still if we played like we did in the first half a goal was almost inevitable, so a change in formation would be planned. But the ridiculous penalty and sending off spoiled the game.

Sums it up perfectly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here