Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No Fulham red card

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Do you think we are sometimes too 'soft'? (something that dates from the Hughton/,Potter era).

If our players had surrounded the ref in the way other teams would, demanding he took action, I'm sure VAR would have reviewed it.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Maybe consider you're comment.

Had the ref picked up on the incident he may well have shown red. I'm not sure where he was standing at the point it happened. His angle may have suggested something different. I didn't see much protest from our players.

The bigger point is your comment. Like those parents standing on the half way line on a Sunday morning with their arms folded and potty mouths. It's no wonder the game is struggling for refs.
From the repeated replays on MOTD, it looked as though as Palhiñha came in from the side, his arm was going up to balance himself and simultaneously Groß's head was coming down. From some angles (Inc, presumably the ref, lino, your players and VARs) didn't think it was a foul at the time. Admittedly the angle retweeted constantly on Twitter by some of your fans does make it look bad.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Maybe consider you're comment.

Had the ref picked up on the incident he may well have shown red. I'm not sure where he was standing at the point it happened. His angle may have suggested something different. I didn't see much protest from our players.

The bigger point is your comment. Like those parents standing on the half way line on a Sunday morning with their arms folded and potty mouths. It's no wonder the game is struggling for refs.
Maybe consider *YOUR* comment you mean. Perhaps more English teachers are needed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
From the repeated replays on MOTD, it looked as though as Palhiñha came in from the side, his arm was going up to balance himself and simultaneously Groß's head was coming down. From some angles (Inc, presumably the ref, lino, your players and VARs) didn't think it was a foul at the time. Admittedly the angle retweeted constantly on Twitter by some of your fans does make it look bad.
They haven't invented that angle...

Your summation of the incident is essentially correct.. UP UNTIL the point where Palhinha raises his forearm in the final movement. If he catches him in the chest, I think just a free kick would be fair enough. It is the uncalled for raising of the arm, that specifically 'endangers the opponent'.

Its absolutely a yellow at a minimum, and had the ref brandished a card, the scrutiny from VAR immediately becomes closer. From their position it probably feels they are going out on a limb somewhat to call for a RED review on a challenge that the ref didn't even give as a foul.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It was bad.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Nope. Credibility of a post rests on it.
So a person with poor spelling would have less credibility ? Best warn dyslexic folk, or indeed anyone not up to the highest standard of English, not to engage in conversation with you. For what it's worth, I engage folk on the basis of what it is clear they are saying. It's a much more rational and inclusive approach. You'd enjoy Argus Comments. This is a football forum, not the Writer's Guild.

Last edited:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
So a person with poor spelling would have less credibility ? Best warn dyslexic folk, or indeed anyone not up to the highest standard of English, not to engage in conversation with you. For what it's worth, I engage folk on the basis of what it is clear they are saying. It's a much more rational and inclusive approach. You'd enjoy Argus Comments. This is a football forum, not the Writer's Guild.
Asking a question and then answering it yourself is always a very odd way of proceeding.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Asking a question and then answering it yourself is always a very odd way of proceeding.
1.png

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Its absolutely a yellow at a minimum, and had the ref brandished a card, the scrutiny from VAR immediately becomes closer. From their position it probably feels they are going out on a limb somewhat to call for a RED review on a challenge that the ref didn't even give as a foul.
if anything, isn’t it the opposite? if the referee has seen it and said ‘yep, i’ve seen that and that’s a foul/yellow’ then the onus is on VAR to say ‘that’s a clear and obvious error, should’ve been a red’. if a yellow is given the the bar for an overturn goes higher, shirley?

if the referee has totally missed it then, as i understand it, it’s much easier for the VAR to say the ref has made a clear and obvious error. that part is a given. it then comes down to whether the VAR feels the referee has missed a red card offence, which on saturday they inexplicably didn’t

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
if anything, isn’t it the opposite? if the referee has seen it and said ‘yep, i’ve seen that and that’s a foul/yellow’ then the onus is on VAR to say ‘that’s a clear and obvious error, should’ve been a red’. if a yellow is given the the bar for an overturn goes higher, shirley?

if the referee has totally missed it then, as i understand it, it’s much easier for the VAR to say the ref has made a clear and obvious error. that part is a given. it then comes down to whether the VAR feels the referee has missed a red card offence, which on saturday they inexplicably didn’t
In theory, yes. In practice, no.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
In theory, yes. In practice, no.
well i think in practice they actually just don’t know what they’re doing. but you see them use the weight of the on field decision all the time when talking about the VARs ability to overturn. so in reality i think it’s a reason they can use after the fact to justify whatever nonsense decision has been made

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Try all you like it was a deliberate act. Just like the anti football the feigning injury. Horrible just horrible team. We didn’t win due to not taking our chances but I’m afraid your team is a hard watch.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
It was also raining. Sunday too I believe and the light was fading

Nicks

Playe
Didn't he carry out two assaults on Spurs players the week before and get away with it ?
Obviously the rose tinted glasses are doing there job for you.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
little britain GIF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here