Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No extra 2000 seats for August then!

Nov 3, 2003
still no news on the extra 2000 seats that they were given permission to put in 2 years ago !!!

If the club are that confident of filling them then why havent the sorted it out, i know park & ride a problem but think thats being used as an excuse. We waited to see if we would go up well now we have are the club gonna do anything? dont hold ya breath as this is gonna roll and roll and cant see them being in place for next season, another broken promise by silent and a let down to the floating fans that made it to Cardiff.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Permission has never been granted for the seats. It's all pending approval of a park and ride site. Until then there is nothing the club can do to even start work on getting the seats in. The site at Hollingbury created many problems from those ****s at Wallmart.

Nov 3, 2003
so its all down to waiting on permission for park and ride then? crazy stuff why didnt they use a park and ride well outside the town which wouldve alleviated traffic problems in town anyway and how long will it take to set the seats up once they get go ahead? cant see it happenning at all next season.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
FG aka Football Genius. said:
so its all down to waiting on permission for park and ride then? crazy stuff why didnt they use a park and ride well outside the town.

Where??

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Setting them up won't take hardly anytime. As per usual more time is spent pen-pushing and shuffling papers than actually getting the job done:angry:
After the achievement at Cardiff it seems a shame to throw away the opportunity to recruit newbies to the Seagulls experience. This should be the boards priority this Summer (apart from signing McGhees choice of players obviously).

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Goldstone Retail Park?

No - that's too painful

What about the Triangle at Burgess Hill? Lot's of people come from that part of Sussex

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
easily fill a extra 2000 where the hammer net it behind the goal!We put in a request 2 seasons ago and nuffin, this time i feel wont be any different!

D

Deleted User X18H

The Greyhound stadium a short bus ride up and over to Dyke Rd.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
The Greyhound stadium is a good suggestion but surely its likely to run into the same problems as the proposed Hollingbury Park n Ride, being more objections from retailers. Also if there is dog racing on a saturday night or on the evening we play a mid-week game it could lead to objections due to extra traffic etc.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Rangloo

It will take some time. To put in extra seats they have to have extra entrances etc etc at the West end of the ground. This is part of the agreement with the council. It would also involve the addition of changing rooms and facilities.

shabadoo

The council have approved the seating. The proviso on the approval was that we have a site for a park and ride available.

This is really all down to the residents at Withdean. If we put the seats in without a park and ride then the view is that the away fans, who would be at teh west end of the ground would park in Withdean as it is near to thier entrances.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Dave - thats what I meant, just got my wording wrong. Although without the park n ride site (or anyone seeming to have a clue on where we can stick one) the permission for the seats isnt worth anything.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
When I said it wouldn't take long I was only referring to the seats themselves but even so how long is it going to take to modify an entrance, and introduce more changing rooms (which surely can be done after the seats are in).

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The problem is finding somewhere that is not in use on a saturday afternoon.

You can't have a park and ride too far away as people would not want to use it. There are enough people leaving the match early to get back to their car as it is so would people leave at half time if they had a half hour bus ride back to their car.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I know they're mostly useless but surely the council can give a list of places that would be acceptable rather than us making suggestions and being shot down? Or am I being very naieve?:D

Nov 3, 2003
"After the achievement at Cardiff it seems a shame to throw away the opportunity to recruit newbies to the Seagulls experience. This should be the boards priority this Summer "

SPOT ON
:clap: :clap: :clap:

dog track is good idea but theres so many sites once again we are sstuck with the shortsightedness of silent i.e. it has to be Falmer or nothing well it doesnt have to be near the super store Asda either!

Yes changing rooms can be sorted at later date PRIORITY HAS TO BE EXTRA SEATS.

and in any case SO MANY away fans park near ground in exclusion zone as do Albion fans take for example Swindon game how many car regs read out over tannoy that included BHA in number plate, you cant tell me these werent Albion fans parking in the 'illegal' zone? its a farse the park and ride will make LITTLE difference in real terms.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think gaz has it right. At the end of the day the P&R has to be closeish or people wont use it. Its a shame the greyhound stadium can't be used, afterall, most of the P&R places are cleared by 6 o/clock!

Nov 3, 2003
why not sell tickets on basis that you are to NOT travel by car (ok no one can prove they havnt but then see may posting above the P & R is abused and a farse anyway). Silent and his lap dog are so shortsighted even Stevie Wonder could see that this dOes NOT relly on P & R if they change the use thereof.

Last edited:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Rangdo said:
I know they're mostly useless but surely the council can give a list of places that would be acceptable rather than us making suggestions and being shot down? Or am I being very naieve?:D

That is precisely what the council have agreed to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here