Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No excuses. GIVE BLOOD.

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
I have given blood a number of times but have been asked not to bother unless they contact me - it appears i am a very slow bleeder..... it takes me twice the time to give half the amount people usually give....... so i am a waste of their time. The only issue is i am A- so now and then i get a call to come in when they are low on that blood type.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Only 7% of under 25's give blood, which is f***ing pathetic. The most common reason given is that they are 'too busy'.

And the figures for organ donation I believe are something around 90% of people claiming they support organ donation whilst only about 24% are registered as donors. No doubt someone can find the exact figures.

Most common reason IMHO ? - too many people in life talk a good talk but so few people actually walk the walk.

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
Been doing it for years now, it's quick and painless and leaves you with a 'high'

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I can't give blood due to a number of reasons, mainly personal ones.

I am however signed up for the Anthony Nolan bone marrow transplant list, and am a registered organ donor, so I'm happy doing "my bit".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here