Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No English players in our starting line up vs Burnley!

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
yeah man cos like theyres no such thing as english is there man.... we are all just the same just one rainbow nation with no differences whatsover , imagine theres no countries it isnt hard to do ........pass the sick bucket

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We would normally play 6 in starting line up!

AEA is ENGLISH he plays for Egypt. I am English but could play for Ireland...... doesn't make me Irish in the slightest, never even been there or met a single Irish relative.

Our bench is virtually ALL English and nearly every player who rotate into the side is English

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
so would it be racist if any other fans from another nation asked the same question ? id wager not

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
read in Saturdays paper that over a million English were fathered by Romans during the occupation of the first 500 years AD. Should we DNA test all English players in our squad? Then some of us can say our team is even more cosmopolitan and others can say its even more foreign. Orlandi may not be our only Italian.

Orlandi might not be our only Aborigine either.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Everyone seems very prickly this morning! I think it's interesting how many foreign players we have now. And surely any accusations of racism are firmly tongue in cheek.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

From the Latin puerilis. It is obviously over your head. I suggest you read A Short History of the World by H G Wells. The report issued tomorrow on genetic lineage could lead to a rephrasing of Caesars words to Vidi, Vinci, Veni!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
read in Saturdays paper that over a million English were fathered by Romans during the occupation of the first 500 years AD. Should we DNA test all English players in our squad? Then some of us can say our team is even more cosmopolitan and others can say its even more foreign. Orlandi may not be our only Italian.

Interesting. Particularly as there were no 'English' here or anywhere in those times. Which rag was that?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Interesting. Particularly as there were no 'English' here or anywhere in those times. Which rag was that?

The million English are here today. Their fathers are ancestral fathers. The genetic lineage traces their DNA to roman ancestry. The rag was and still is The Daily Telegraph. I only bought it for the crossword.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
yeah man cos like theyres no such thing as english is there man.... we are all just the same just one rainbow nation with no differences whatsover , imagine theres no countries it isnt hard to do ........pass the sick bucket

Is english your second or third language ?

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Isnt' Dean Hammond English? Didn't Dean Hammond start yesterday?

Just asking

EDIT - oh i see, loanees not counting..

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The million English are here today. Their fathers are ancestral fathers. The genetic lineage traces their DNA to roman ancestry. The rag was and still is The Daily Telegraph. I only bought it for the crossword.

Ah, splitting hairs but I wouldn't say that the Romans fathered a million English. More that some of their DNA survives in the inhabitants of this island. Fathered conveys a more direct involvement.

Not that I mind, the way I tan I could be mistaken for an Italian anyway!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Odd fellow

Feb 12, 2013
When Sam Vokes finished his half-time warm up he greeted the Albion players as they came out for the second half. It shows you how far we have moved on in only a year, as he could only acknowledge Dicker and El-abd - Along with Vicente, only 3 players that started yesterday played last season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here