Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No coffee - grounds to sue?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
So I've come into work this morning, not yet recovered from a 3 day new year session, only to find that there is no coffee, no milk and no tea bags.

Unbelievable.

Surely there must be laws against this. If someone doesn't sort it quick sharp I will pass out through lack of caffeine

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Get this.

Tesco up the road is also out of milk as is the BP garage.

Is there some kind of national cow shortage or something?

Chances of being awake by lunchtime are diminishing rapidly

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
A few months ago I went to whinge to our office administrator about the lack of Monday milk (which we're supposed to get delivered). She told me: "There won't be any deliveries for a while because the milkman's in prison".

Brilliant stuff.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
How can there be grounds to sue when you have no coffee ?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
but I'm not getting any

...coffee that is.

Help

Mr Fridge

Oct 13, 2004
Bluejuice said:
Because I want a coffee

You tellin me you work in a starbucks dessert as well then! you surely can't be more than 20 - 30 yards from one.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Well obviously there's a Starbucks upstairs, as well as a Costa and a Caffe Nero but they will charge me money in exchange for coffee whereas I want coffee for free, as I have come to expect.

Anyway, how do these coffee shops get away with charging so much? It can cost more than a pint for a cup of coffee these days.

I'm drifting ever closer to slumber

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Bluejuice said:
Well obviously there's a Starbucks upstairs, as well as a Costa and a Caffe Nero but they will charge me money in exchange for coffee whereas I want coffee for free, as I have come to expect.

ahhh no sympathy for you then if you can't be arsed to walk and get it!! :p

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Waiter, waiter this coffee tastes like dirt !

Well Sir it was ground this morning.

Geddit ?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Well I've just made myself a free cappacino using our office machine, plus eaten some free toast and free fruit. Marvellous scenes. It helps having an HR manager who gives a mokeys about the employees (and is a babe into the bargain).

The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
A few months ago I went to whinge to our office administrator about the lack of Monday milk (which we're supposed to get delivered). She told me: "There won't be any deliveries for a while because the milkman's in prison".
I had the same problem with a plumber once.

He was a great guy, thoroughly reliable, always willing to turn out if there was an emergency.

And then he got banged up for armed robbery.

Why the hell does a PLUMBER have to supplement his income with freelance work of that sort?

Mr Fridge

Oct 13, 2004
Bluejuice said:

Anyway, how do these coffee shops get away with charging so much? It can cost more than a pint for a cup of coffee these days.

I'm drifting ever closer to slumber

See there's your answer, no. Contributry negligence in that you is a lazy tight fisted git.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here