Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

no charge at the goldstone

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I went with my dad, who paid for me.

Or there was the time I was a match mascot, which included free match tickets.

I never went for free in any sort of illigitimate way.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
My sister used to lift me over the turnstile. She probably still could.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
I used to work in a local pub and the bloke on one of the northstand gated used to drink there. For a pint i was in whenever i wanted.

On the last game my mate was a programme seller, once he sold out i put his jacket on and followed him in the west to cash up. Then upstairs to a seat!!

Used to get tickets from Rafael Meade a fair bit too

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Lets turn the question on it's head. How many times did you pay to watch a match at the Goldstone? :thumbsup:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The car sales bit at the back of the south stand had a skip along the wall.Myself and another scaled the wall.
Also the gates were open at 6pm in the north and we sneaked in and hid in the bogs.
Push my way behind someone at the turnstile at Main Rd
Squeezed under the gate at Palace.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Lets turn the question on it's head. How many times did you pay to watch a match at the Goldstone? :thumbsup:

Out of interest, can anyone remember what the admission price was in the last season there?

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
I remember very clearly lots and lots of people in their late twenties and possibly early thirties (beards, greying hair, you name it) going in through the U-16 turnstile in the North Stand to save a couple of quid and nobody ever said anything as far as I can recall!!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I remember very clearly lots and lots of people in their late twenties and possibly early thirties (beards, greying hair, you name it) going in through the U-16 turnstile in the North Stand to save a couple of quid and nobody ever said anything as far as I can recall!!

Ha ha i've done that so many times but at the time i had a baby face for a 21-23 year old.I can't recall ever paying full price but i must have.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Fans United Day against Hartlepool, we were all let in for free by this guy who said he would pay to get in then open the gates.The same guy only a few weeks later was one of the fans that ran on to the pitch and attacked the Orient players.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Mansfield boycott as TLO mentioned.
Mascot vs Hull (1989/90 I think)
Collected charity monies for Rockinghorse Appeal vs Oxford (Nogan put one in the top corner from the edge of the box

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Rev's front garden!

attachment.php

matt

Mar 19, 2007
76/77 season - I used to crawl under the turnstiles whilst my dad was paying for his admission. :thumbsup:

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
A bloke from my local borrowed his dad’s wheel chair and got in for free against Palace, one boxing day. His mate got in free as well who pushed him. I think it was more for the dare than anything.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Always paid at the Goldstone but remember jumping over the fence at Aldershot to get in without paying, only to find ourselves in the home end.
An interesting 5 minutes before we made it to the away end.:rave:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Only twice. Once against Leeds in that Bank Holiday game (the Ian Chapman own goal match), the turnstile operator in the North just let a few hop over the barrier before kick-off.

And once in the South Stand seats for a night game, where again for some reason the gate was opened.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Always paid at the Goldstone but remember jumping over the fence at Aldershot to get in without paying, only to find ourselves in the home end.
An interesting 5 minutes before we made it to the away end.:rave:
If you're referring to the league cup 2nd leg game in about 1984 then you were not alone, my friend :wink:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
If you're referring to the league cup 2nd leg game in about 1984 then you were not alone, my friend :wink:

I think it was an evening game, and it was about that time, and yes, we weren't the only ones as you say. All good fun..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here