Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Cameras Please

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

Our friends 2 year old is having a birthday party soon. They wanted to take him to this place with Bouncy Castles and Slides. On the flyer it stated No Cameras Please. Seriously has it really got that bad now, that parents can't even take pictures of their own child having fun.

It's the same crap with the Gully Girls. Thought Gully's Girls where great, it's a shame it ended. The country has gone bloody mad in my opinion.

What next?

D

Deleted member 18477

Our friends 2 year old is having a birthday party soon. They wanted to take him to this place with Bouncy Castles and Slides. On the flyer it stated No Cameras Please. Seriously has it really got that bad now, that parents can't even take pictures of their own child having fun.

It's the same crap with the Gully Girls. Thought Gully's Girls where great, it's a shame it ended. The country has gone bloody mad in my opinion.

What next?

most of gully's girls weren't that great to be honest. although i'd rather watch them than gully's f***ing group :lolol:

D

Deleted member 22389

most of gully's girls weren't that great to be honest. although i'd rather watch them than gully's f***ing group :lolol:

I agree, but it is was certainly better than what we have in place now.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

What next?

Just dont go there.

I am sure they will have their own photographer, great photos only a fiver a pop !!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is it such a bad thing?

The kids growing up now are the most photographed generation in history. Some people can barely let an hour past without posting more boring pictures of their offspring on Facebook- oh look! Here he is EATING! And now he's pulling a funny FACE!- perhaps it would actually be quite nice for kids to just have a fun afternoon without dozens of parents shoving cameras in their faces. I'm sure it won't harm their development if a mere hour or two of their lives isn't captured for permanent posterity.

Cameras do my head in now. I find it profoundly depressing that at every event, nobody actually seems to be watching & soaking up the memories, instead all you can see is a hundred thousand mobile phones pointing at the London Eye New Year fireworks, or at the Rolling Stones, or even (god forbid) at a player as he goes to take a match deciding penalty. Then afterwards you get a hundred thousand identical blurry videos on YouTube :yawn:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Purely in my opinion, but somewhere in the merky middle ground between our Government and the media this has got out of hand. The state is unable to catch the proper wrong-doers so their default position is to put everyone under suspicion by default, and then rule them out once they have proved they are innocent, e.g. CRB checks etc. The media has played its' part in ingraining into everyone that the work is full of paedos and rapists.

It has got to the point that if I saw a young child in the street in a dangerous position with regard to traffic, with no obvious adult around, I doubt if I would go and assist in any way. If I walked up to that child, and the mother was close but not visible and she jumped to the wrong conclusion, I suspect my life would be hell thereafter. People would assume the worst and I could never prove otherwise.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Purely in my opinion, but somewhere in the merky middle ground between our Government and the media this has got out of hand. The state is unable to catch the proper wrong-doers so their default position is to put everyone under suspicion by default, and then rule them out once they have proved they are innocent, e.g. CRB checks etc. The media has played its' part in ingraining into everyone that the work is full of paedos and rapists.

The media has put a lot of people into a state of fear when the vast majority of child abusers are in the child's family.
It's natural for parents, and grandparents to want photos of their child blowing out the candles on their cake and recording milestones as they start growing. It's a massive overreaction imo.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The media has put a lot of people into a state of fear when the vast majority of child abusers are in the child's family.
It's natural for parents, and grandparents to want photos of their child blowing out the candles on their cake and recording milestones as they start growing. It's a massive overreaction imo.

Agreed. I suspect it's very similar to Health and Safety. Most things you come across are not covered by H&S legislation (e.g. conkers etc.), but it's easier for places to ban them, and not risk the chance and bother of potential law suits. I suspect the same reasoning is behind most train station announcements (e.g. cycling on the platform or slippery floors) - it's not that they care about their customers, they just don't want to be sued if an accident happens.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
On the subject of Health and Safety, I heard somewhere recently that all darts games had been banned on the Palace Pier. Can anyone confirm? This is downright lunacy of correct

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is it such a bad thing?

The kids growing up now are the most photographed generation in history. Some people can barely let an hour past without posting more boring pictures of their offspring on Facebook- oh look! Here he is EATING! And now he's pulling a funny FACE!- perhaps it would actually be quite nice for kids to just have a fun afternoon without dozens of parents shoving cameras in their faces. I'm sure it won't harm their development if a mere hour or two of their lives isn't captured for permanent posterity.

Cameras do my head in now. I find it profoundly depressing that at every event, nobody actually seems to be watching & soaking up the memories, instead all you can see is a hundred thousand mobile phones pointing at the London Eye New Year fireworks, or at the Rolling Stones, or even (god forbid) at a player as he goes to take a match deciding penalty. Then afterwards you get a hundred thousand identical blurry videos on YouTube :yawn:

As a Dad of 2 I would like to say......exactly THIS!

My eldest has recently had his 6th birthday and gone to his first game at the Amex. I have one photo from the two events combined because I was too busy watching / enjoying them.

Edna should know that every now and again I post pictures of my kids on Twitter but it's normally when they've done something arse-witteringly stupid.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
...and don't get me started on the two teenagers who sat next to me at the Birmingham match and spent the WHOLE GAME looking at their smart phones....

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As a Dad of 2 I would like to say......exactly THIS!

My eldest has recently had his 6th birthday and gone to his first game at the Amex. I have one photo from the two events combined because I was too busy watching / enjoying them.

Edna should know that every now and again I post pictures of my kids on Twitter but it's normally when they've done something arse-witteringly stupid.

Which is entirely fair enough :)

I just find it somewhat irritating that some kids are going to grow up to find there is an online version of This Is Your Life, with every single day of their existence lovingly chronicled in repetitively boring detail in the mistaken impression that the rest of the world gives a toss.

I would sincerely hope that all of you have many happy years to enjoy your children's activities and smiling faces- is it really an issue that somebody says you can't take photos for a couple of hours of their lives?

Is it such a bad thing?

Seconded. I have taken the odd pic of the Amex but I really couldn't be doing with having a camera stuck to my face for a whole game. It seems that people are more focused on recording events now rather than immersing themselves in them.

Straying slightly ot I think nothing looks dafter or more awkward than people fumbling around trying to take photos with iPads - it is getting more and more common.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Which is entirely fair enough :)

I just find it somewhat irritating that some kids are going to grow up to find there is an online version of This Is Your Life, with every single day of their existence lovingly chronicled in repetitively boring detail in the mistaken impression that the rest of the world gives a toss.

I would sincerely hope that all of you have many happy years to enjoy your children's activities and smiling faces- is it really an issue that somebody says you can't take photos for a couple of hours of their lives?

Hold on guys, I may share some of your sentiments about self promoting parents etc, however if photos are wholly appropriate then it should be up to the parents if they wish to take a photo or not.

It is neither up to you or me to judge relevance.

Personally if I had my way I would probably think Guinness Boy's never ending stream of photos of his children as tedious and impose the same sanctions on himself that he seems to want to impose on others.

You know what I mean, if its legal and appropriate take as many photos as you like.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Straying slightly ot I think nothing looks dafter or more awkward than people fumbling around trying to take photos with iPads - it is getting more and more common.

Indeed. Why would you take (as an adult) an iPad to a FOOTBALL match?

A-P-I7pCAAEyIi-.jpg:large

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Is it such a bad thing?

Let me guess, you don't have kids?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe that person has eyesight problems?

What, so he can't see the massive pitch in front of him but he can see the much smaller version of it on a little screen he's holding up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here