Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No bid for Cureton.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I see from today's Argus that McGhee has confirmed that he won't be tabling a bid for Cureton. Nice to see that our ambition is just as great as usual. I think that Knight and Cureton would make a lethal combination, particularly if we could play the ball on the ground more....but it's obviously not to be. No doubt we can now look forward to him banging in a goal against us when we play QPR.

:shootself:shootself

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't think it's a lack of ambition, just a lack of funds. I don't know how many times it has to be posted on here but we haven't got much dosh and won't have until Falmer is built.

If it's any consolation to you, QPR have got any money either so I can't see him going there.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He hardly set the world alight at Reading when they were last in Div 2, apart from the goal against Brentford. Sounds like he also has an attitude problem and there doesn't seem to be a long queue trying to sign him. If QPR want to take a gamble when they already need to sell, good luck to them. It'll all end in tears (could of course be ours though!)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Gwylan said:
I don't think it's a lack of ambition, just a lack of funds. I don't know how many times it has to be posted on here but we haven't got much dosh and won't have until Falmer is built.

If it's any consolation to you, QPR have got any money either so I can't see him going there.

Point taken Gwylan but we do need to strengthen the team if we are not to fade into mid-table obscurity and gates are not to fall further (the empty seats at the last few home games have been worrying). Every business needs some investment if it's to prosper. I know that Falmer is taking up most of the clubs money but there is such a thing as borrowing.....and I suspect that Cureton would not be that expensive. But it clearly ain't gonna happen anyway...

:(

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
of course we wont be tabling a bid!!!!!

Look, if Falmer is approved, do you folks seriously think money will suddenly become available...no chance.

This "Falmer or nothing" will haunt us until it is built in 3 to 4 years time........until then we have to put up with what we have.

Yet as sure as eggs is eggs, our Season Tickets will go up next year even if we are faced with mid table mediocrity

Depressed and downcast...moi?

f***ing Archer...its all his fault

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Or perhaps McGhee just doesn't rate him.

This is a guy who was rated way ahead of Zamora at Bristol Rovers and was banging them in at Reading when we were in the 3rd who, right now, isn't doing the bizzo for anyone and is on a free. 2 years ago I'd have rated him ahead of Leon Knight but a fall from grace that big has a hidden picture behind it if you ask me.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
quote me-

if he signs for a team in this league before the new year he WILL score at least 15 goals by the end of the season.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I believe the Korean club want 50K for him but that isn't the problem.

He is probably demanding a high weekly wage.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
the right footed denilson said:
quote me-

if he signs for a team in this league before the new year he WILL score at least 15 goals by the end of the season.

I share your view.............let's just hope that it's not one of our promotion rivals.

:eek:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Cureton is quality and never got a real go at reading,he's proved himself in lower league and would get in most div 2 or even one squads,im just surprised no-1 has gone in for him.

Everyone knows the falmer situaltion,But has it really got to a stage where we cant afford to pay the players?

By not even tabling a wage offer for the lad is a fcukin disgrace.

Bet Dick tight wont be at cardiff in may if were there,because he certainly doesnt want to get out this league.

Mark i feel sorry for you.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Who says it's anything to do with wages? Hasn't it occurred to you that McGhee might just not be interested in him? He isn't going to want every single player that comes available and happens to get mentioned on this site is he?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Spiros said:
Who says it's anything to do with wages? Hasn't it occurred to you that McGhee might just not be interested in him? He isn't going to want every single player that comes available and happens to get mentioned on this site is he?

So why is it in the Argus? Does MM feel a need to put a press report out every time a player is discussed here?
He's obviously made enquiries and decided against it.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
RATIONAL THOUGHT ALERT!!!!

im hoping mghee has turned down talking with 'curo to his mates' cos he has identified that we have knight, mcphee, piercy and jake and dont need a striker. and, he is in fact in discussions with a couple of tasty midfielders.

i hope!!!!!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Im not sayinng that he would want him,But what i am saying is,Cureton is quality and would give us a massive push towards div 1.

But he's hardly not going to bid for him because he feels mcphee and piercy are better partners for knight,is he?

Its all down to us having no money and we all no why...blaaa blaa blaa falmer blaaaa.

But he scores goals and for a good wage we could get him,But Dicks no chancer and we will lose the lad to another team and we bang them in.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
the right footed denilson said:
RATIONAL THOUGHT ALERT!!!!

im hoping mghee has turned down talking with 'curo to his mates' cos he has identified that we have knight, mcphee, piercy and jake and dont need a striker. and, he is in fact in discussions with a couple of tasty midfielders.

i hope!!!!!

I would agree with that. We have one striker with 17 goals another with 9, Piercy who has shown he can score and Jake waiting in the wings

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Speculation on web sites often comes to the attention of local rags (especially those as bad as the Argus). They then use the speculation as a basis either for questions to the manager or run 'sources close to the Albion say...' stories. If the specualtion was true the paper trumpets 'as you first saw here...', if it's not they move quickly onto the next rumour.

Does the Argus actually say that we can't afford him or does it just say we are not interested?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here