Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NIMBY sympathising in the Daily Telegraph

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
A side from the Argus, the Telegraph probably covered the Albion's struggle to survive over the past 10 years more than any other paper, most of them very pro-Falmer. Sure this hada lot to do with Albion supporting Paul Hayward who until recently was their chief sports writer. However I remember they featured at least 1 news section full page on the battle against Bellotti and Archer in the late 90's and we weren't slagging them then were we children? Personally I like the broadsheets because they a) give coverage to football outside the Premiership b) their reports aren't just cliche-ridden age old boring quotes from players and actually tell you something about the match. You might not agree always but at least there's something there to debate. I can't stand tabloids featuring a 3 page special on Michael Owens latest shin-injury whilst Wrexham being wound-up is "in brief" next to the sex-aid advertisment on page 34.....!

We are talking about the Daily Telegraph ... what do you expect other than ill-informed drivel from the Home Counties? Just ignore them. The poor blighters don't know any better - they live in the 1950s.

Dandyman

In London village.
portlock seagull said:
A side from the Argus, the Telegraph probably covered the Albion's struggle to survive over the past 10 years more than any other paper, most of them very pro-Falmer. Sure this hada lot to do with Albion supporting Paul Hayward who until recently was their chief sports writer. However I remember they featured at least 1 news section full page on the battle against Bellotti and Archer in the late 90's and we weren't slagging them then were we children? Personally I like the broadsheets because they a) give coverage to football outside the Premiership b) their reports aren't just cliche-ridden age old boring quotes from players and actually tell you something about the match. You might not agree always but at least there's something there to debate. I can't stand tabloids featuring a 3 page special on Michael Owens latest shin-injury whilst Wrexham being wound-up is "in brief" next to the sex-aid advertisment on page 34.....!

Fair enough, although as you say a lot of that was down to Paul Hayward. Hopefully he will inject some sanity and reason into his new rather downmarket paper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here