Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nile Ranger

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was worried when I saw the title of this thread.

Thought someone was advocating signing him.

Apologies. Having seen him play and read about him I can understand your concern. I'm staggered as to what Newcastle see in him.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I don't think we need to be bothered with any one from a small north east club

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Has all the tools and ability, apparently has 1 amazeballs game and then 7 or 8 completely off though. Had a lot of off field issues too hasn't he. IF anyone can get him in the right frame of mind he could be very useful, but expect him to go more the Leon Knight route unfortunatly

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This is important, what I say next is not a joke or sarcasm.

Nile Ranger is the worst person I've ever seen on a football pitch. I have attended games Diouf has played in. I have been at a game Lucas Neill played in. And I have seen Marlon King play. But Nile Ranger is just disgraceful. His attitude on the pitch is rubbish, his off field problems speak for themselves and a person like that shouldn't be anywhere NEAR Newcastle United Football Club. They are a properly big club, what is this chump doing there? No talent, no redeeming aspects to him at all. Disgrace and frankly, I hope he disappears quickly. Really dislike him, and the fact he is getting rich for being utterly and completely shit.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011

Nile Ranger is the worst person I've ever seen on a football pitch. I have attended games Diouf has played in. I have been at a game Lucas Neill played in. And I have seen Marlon King play. But Nile Ranger is just disgraceful. His attitude on the pitch is rubbish, his off field problems speak for themselves and a person like that shouldn't be anywhere NEAR Newcastle United Football Club. They are a properly big club, what is this chump doing there? No talent, no redeeming aspects to him at all. Disgrace and frankly, I hope he disappears quickly. Really dislike him, and the fact he is getting rich for being utterly and completely shit.

There you go. Said it all. If Ranger could play as well as he actsThe cock then you'd be looking at the English Messi

Pole in Goal

Aug 14, 2012
BN1

To be honest - you know nothing about football.

Speak to any Newcastle fan, not one wants Ranger at the club. At the beginning of the season he wasn't given a squad number and was offered to clubs everywhere. Before his off field troubles he was given a lengthy, expensive contract which meant no one could sign him. The only reason he played is because of their shortage of strikers, in the same way Matt Sparrow would play if we had an injury crisis. He didn't play at all for Newcastle last season, and only twice this year (both in this winter) - proving that he isn't wanted. Sadly, he has a contract until 2016 so it's safe to say he'll be staying at Tyneside.

On the other hand; I thought he was the most up for it Newcastle player (says it all really). He looked far better after Ameobi was sent off, and dealt with El-Abd much better than Shola had. He certainly wasn't the worst player on the field; Medhi Abeid, Sammy, Shola and Obertan can fight for that award. He chased a fair amount and considering he had no service at all, he got into some good positions - he also had a shot right at the end that was well saved from close range by Casper. I don't think he's better than our strikers, but he certainly offers something else that could be useful.

Personally I don't believe his off field problems shone through, maybe if he had got the red card then fair enough; but to me all I saw was a bit of effort in a last ditch attempt to impress his manager.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My only observation is that Ranger's shot in the second half was wider than the actual Nile.

What a waste of space he is.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Take a look at his white 'power ranger' motor. CHAV!

Jeeeez. Just seen his car. Is this guy for real? I also saw some pictures of him posing with a gun. What a clown.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
To be honest - you know nothing about football.

Speak to any Newcastle fan, not one wants Ranger at the club. At the beginning of the season he wasn't given a squad number and was offered to clubs everywhere. Before his off field troubles he was given a lengthy, expensive contract which meant no one could sign him. The only reason he played is because of their shortage of strikers, in the same way Matt Sparrow would play if we had an injury crisis. He didn't play at all for Newcastle last season, and only twice this year (both in this winter) - proving that he isn't wanted. Sadly, he has a contract until 2016 so it's safe to say he'll be staying at Tyneside.

On the other hand; I thought he was the most up for it Newcastle player (says it all really). He looked far better after Ameobi was sent off, and dealt with El-Abd much better than Shola had. He certainly wasn't the worst player on the field; Medhi Abeid, Sammy, Shola and Obertan can fight for that award. He chased a fair amount and considering he had no service at all, he got into some good positions - he also had a shot right at the end that was well saved from close range by Casper. I don't think he's better than our strikers, but he certainly offers something else that could be useful.

Personally I don't believe his off field problems shone through, maybe if he had got the red card then fair enough; but to me all I saw was a bit of effort in a last ditch attempt to impress his manager.

You've not said anything different to me, but I know nothing and presumably you are the font of knowledge? I'e been following Newcastle for years, and I've seen a couple of games at St James' and Ranger was involved in both of them. I haven't formed an opinion based on one pathetic performance at the Amex, I'm talking more broadly than that.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I've lost count of the number of times his name has come up on here as somebody we should get in on loan. What do people think after today?

I think I'd be a better option than him.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Has all the tools and ability, apparently has 1 amazeballs game and then 7 or 8 completely off though

Am I right in thinking you are male...? And you just used the word "amazeballs"?

Right-o.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here