Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nights out in Brighton on the Late 70s - Early 80s

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Thats the 1 seven stars aye! i honestly cannot remember ever going into sherrys and it Didnt kick off,i only ever used to go to try n pull the gal that looked liked Debbie Harry,that strangely hung around with a guy that looked a little like Rod Stewart.

I think i know you !!! :lol: (and ...NO i aint Debbie harry.....nor do i look like Rod S !!) (Stevie B ?)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
There was a bit in the argus about him in the summer saying he had died,lots of people actually turned up to his or what they thought to be his funeral only to discover it was somebody with the same name or similar. He still does the soul nights at the hove town hll i believe.

Queen Anne (Bier Keller) for the foreign totty, with which I was a major scorer.
King and Queen as a 'local', though it was always a bit less than exciting in there - but some mates went there, so....
Eagle and Basketmakers on the weekends, followed by The Hungry Years (say "no" to air guitar though, that's just wrong).

Shades and The Bonsoir Club later, but they were crap really, filled with knocker boy scum, and used car crooks.

Last edited:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Queen Anne (Bier Keller) for the foreign totty, with which I was a major scorer.
King and Queen as a 'local', though it was always a bit less than exciting in there - but some mates went there, so....
Eagle and Basketmakers on the weekends, followed by The Hungry Years.

What years are you exactly talking about ? as i went to all of those places in the very early 70s

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
You may well know me and i would hope you wernt Debbie as after many many rejections she succumbe to my tight lil ass in those smashing tight jeans with the white piping down them that showed up so well under ultra violet. :thumbsup:

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
BoF

"I thought it was called Caps? Closed down now, which is a shame. Had some fun evenings there in early noughties".

Are you sure you are not getting confused with caps and "Cop".
Such as "cops and robbers" night down The Revenge?? ???

It Seems So Long Ago

Went To See Bands At The New Regent Bottom Of West Street,saw Sioux And The Banshees There.
What Was The Big Bar/nite Club On The Seafront Near Oriental Place Called?
The In Place Was Under The Alhambra Early Eighties Was That The Same One?

QUOTING MYSELF NOW!
I WAS THINKING OF THE ABINGER,WENT THERE THE NIGHT BEFORE SHREWSBURY AWAY SMOKING WEED AND LOADS OF LAGER AND OFF ON OUR WAY AT 2.30AM.ON THE LANCING BOYS MINIBUS. HAD TO CARRY ONE OF OUR GUYS THE LAST FEW HUNDRED YARDS TO THE GROUND. STILL HE HAD A CHANCE TO SNOOZE FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF. HAPPY DAYS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here