Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Night games at the Amex- atmosphere

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I sat for the first time in the East Stand last night, right down by the Cardiff fans, I am a ST holder in the North and so far the noise has been great from there, what I noticed last night was that when the whole ground sang like it did a few times last night, the noise was excellent, very intimidating, but when it was just the North, it could hardly be heard, even after the goals. The Cardiff fans I thought for the small number that travelled sounded very loud, but then i was sitting next to them.

yet funnily enough, you could hardly hear them from the North Stand

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
yet funnily enough, you could hardly hear them from the North Stand

Only heard them sing the 1-0 to the sheepshaggers and being welsh I expected them to have sung much more and quite loud, even though there was only a small number.

I think the pre match atmosphere is important as well as it gets things going. Loads and loads of people arrived after the players had come out and the North certainly was very empty during fanzone.

Also there were big delays between fanzone, the albion history video and then again before the players come out, which had been better in recent matches.

A stupid ignorant banner would have helped as well.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Hats of to north stand though trying to get every one going, east stand didn't join in all the chants last night and some chants we cant join in being in the family stand, for me i would love the west stand to get going more and when they do its bloody awesome but i do admit i prefer a Saturday game.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
We're very much a crowd that reacts to what is on the pitch. The first half was flat so the crowd was flat. Second half improved and the crowd improved. Would be nice if we could belt out songs and noise regardless of what's happening on the pitch, but it seems we need a contentious decision by the ref or a goal to get going.

Exactly this.

robynsdad

Jan 29, 2012
You what? 'not one homophobic song' I assume you are joking?
Siting next to them in the South stand was an experience. Thought the 'I'd rather shag a sheep than a man' song was amusing, but they didn't seem like very tolerant, chaps to me.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
its very strange this as I thought the Cardiff fans sung all night, they hardly stopped!! and for the record, not one homophobic song

Late to the game were you, miss kick off, hearing aid batteries running low?

The booing of their away fan number didn't give you a hint they might have sung the usual shit?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Late to the game were you, miss kick off, hearing aid batteries running low?

The booing of their away fan number didn't give you a hint they might have sung the usual shit?

To be honest, I was late!! to much food in the Brasserie, if they did then I didnt hear it.......blooming scoundrals.......ill have them next time.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Being told not to bang WSU advertising boards dont help :nono:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I sat for the first time in the East Stand last night, right down by the Cardiff fans, I am a ST holder in the North and so far the noise has been great from there, what I noticed last night was that when the whole ground sang like it did a few times last night, the noise was excellent, very intimidating, but when it was just the North, it could hardly be heard, even after the goals. The Cardiff fans I thought for the small number that travelled sounded very loud, but then i was sitting next to them.
Exactly, the sound just doesn't travel. I was in the North yesterday and it was a good atmosphere. Only heard Cardiff when they scored and towards the end when they were 2-1 up.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It was pointed out to me last night that we have yet to win a league match under the light this season. Looking back on it, the Leeds game aside, most of the midweek's have been frustrating affairs so this may explain the atmosphere difference. I much prefer the more relaxed build up to a saturday kick-off than the hurry to get to the ground after work on a weekday.

We haven't seem to have played as well for evening games - maybe something isn't quiet right in the on-day preparations. I imagine this is partly why the atmoshere isn't so good as on a Saturday. Also of course, I think more is drunk in general at the amex on a Saturday.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I think along the East Stand (Family Section) can seem a bit flatter, those kids are fantastic in generating a bit of noise and the evening games seem to have a much reduced number.

For example, im normally there with my daughter, but she cant go evening games unless school hols, so was in the north. Assume maybe its similar for other parents?

So yes [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION] I do agree with you

Yep agree allot of the youngsters dont go midweek, my two do but you defently notice the difference midweek, but got to say there is something about the AMEX at night it doesnt have that same feeling as The Goldstone did for evening matches, Incidently I dropped a pin last night did anyone hear it so I can find where I dropped it

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Being told not to bang WSU advertising boards dont help :nono:

Did you get told off last night?! FFS. I daren't go near them now (well the odd bang when i'm REALLY excited and daring ;) )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here