Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigerians in PO credit card fraud

Jul 14, 2003
BN2
According to the Sun (28th April) (I wouldn't usually but I was bored, waiting in the chip shop. The paper was there and no-one else was reading it.) 52% of Brits want to emigrate anyway. Immigration was there as a reason but well down the list - main reason was the weather.

I also saw the programme, FG. How predictable is your reaction? The programme-makers went looking for trouble and, whaddyaknow, they found it.

Hell, if you look hard enough for evidence of malpractice in MY office you'll find it, and I'm as honest as the day is long. :angel:

There was a very reasonable comment from the Royal mail in the closing statements ("The vast majority of our staff..." sort of thing) but it was so quick and presented in such a dismissive manner that it had little impact. My impression was that Ch4 hadn't shared their evidence with RM before asking them for comment. What were they supposed to do in these circs.?

Don't get me wrong, I too was riled during the programme by the level of dishonesty. My immediate reaction, like yours, was to blame it all on the Nigerians. On reflection, though, I'd say that on the wages that RM pays and with the working conditions offered, a proportion of staff of whatever colour would do the same thing. If we're only prepared to spend less than 30p to send a first class letter, then of course we'll get a crappy third class postal service.

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
Nothing particularly new in this story. I know from inside knowlege that Nigerian gangs have been operating and conducting major benefit fraud in this country for years. One of the main reasons the government have pushed for the Direct Payment scheme for benefits (ie; straight into bank accounts) was as a response to massive organised order book fraud by these gangs. There has even been a gang operating in sunny old Worthing.

Nov 3, 2003
thats no excus eto go interferring with Her Majesty's Mail though and one of the real reasons so may Brits wanna go abroad is to recollanise places like costa del spain coz its full of fellow countrymen!! The postal service in this country is at an all time low in standards and you cant balime that on low wages the PO i assume at least meet min wages unlike unscuperous other employers that eploit immigants and others

Turgid

Dec 5, 2003
Wadhurst
Personnally I puut it downe too the apporling level of spellinge abillity displaid on web sights these daze. When Engerland could spel proper Engerland woz grate!!

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
What is it about this country. As soon as you have a pop at asylum seekers you are degraded and called a racist. I for one am not a racist person, but what I dont agree with is the goverment letting everyone in to this country, when me and you the tax payers are subsidising these people.
The reason so many people are leaving are becuase it is too expensive and secondly they are fed up with the way this goverment treats its own people like second class citizens.

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
adrian29uk said:
What is it about this country. As soon as you have a pop at asylum seekers you are degraded and called a racist. I for one am not a racist person, but what I dont agree with is the goverment letting everyone in to this country, when me and you the tax payers are subsidising these people.
The reason so many people are leaving are becuase it is too expensive and secondly they are fed up with the way this goverment treats its own people like second class citizens.
Spoken like a gentleman, totally agree with you, and the sooner a lot of people realise this the better, I am ferking sick of handing of my hard earned in taxes to support immigrants let alone lazy English wankas.
And as regards doing jobs that we will not do what a lot of bolloxs. :censored:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Most people are f***ed off with these idiots flocking over and yeah i would do the same if vise versa,but this crap govermant encourage it and do f-all about it.

This country is a tip and i dread to think 5 years ahead and also fairplay to those who flee as its so f***ing exspensive here.
How can you continue to be proud of your country when its being taken over grrrrrrr.

Everywhere i look i see foreigners and when i chat to a bird out i think are you english or foreign mmmmm now thats how bad it is.:angry: :angry: :angry:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Nigeria is a corrupt place. The do-gooding middle class English will no doubt blame this on the British Empire. Personally I've met a lot of Nigerians that I've liked. But the cleverness, corruption and brilliance (of some) at working the system have been apparent for a long time. This story is very old news but it's nice to wind up the white pc brigade.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Interesting .... I'm working on a project right now where we have several Nigerians. The other black and Asian guys on the project are bitching about the Nigerians as they are so lazy. Naturally we white guys daren't say anything.

I ronically I had to break up a fight between a Nigerian and a British born Asian (a British Citizen) as the Nigerian (born in Nigeria as it turns out) called the Asian a foriegner.

Just thought I'd mention it.

FG aka Football Genius. said:
LC does he "walk like an Egyption?" :lolol:

PS bugging me who sung that?

The Bangles were racists for singing that. They sang about walking like a foreign person, then did a silly walk that mimmicked a generalisation about the way they move in Egypt.

The Bangles are NF nazis, and it's about time they were villified for this transgression. Whatever next, Ron Atkinson hitting the charts with "do the hokey-cokey like a Chelsea defender" ??

It's disgraceful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here