Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Farage MEP v Russell Brand - Question Time BBC1 22:35 *** Official Match Thread ***

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
i better not vote ukip then or i'll be on my way son :eek:
regards
DR

again I must refer to your unintelligible logic and grammer. Really not the brightest of the intellects are you. But thats what we should expect from UKIP supporters I suppose. Thick as Shit.

D

Deleted member 22389

Yes it would but that's not what's going to happen. Brand's attack is hardly likley to make kippers go back to Bullingdon boy Tories, but it might expose Ukip's plans to destroy the NHS and shove a few voters back to Labour.

What about this PFI then, introduced by the Tories and continued by Labour
Sodexo already has a contract with the NHS by the looks of things. Last time I saw cleaners and cooks in Sodexo shirts, so it's already part privatised.

I don't think any of the parties can take the moral high ground of protecting the NHS really.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...irms-make-quick-killing-from-pfi-9488351.html

I doubt any kipper is going back to Labour after what they have done, which includes me.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Russell Brand reaches a demographic some of whose members might never otherwise be exposed to some of the moral outrages he's pretty damn good at railing against. In my book, anyone who raises the level of political debate, albeit ever so slightly, has to be a good thing shirley, in the same way as the Scottish Independence debate raised awareness of political issues north of the border. Its to the eternal shame of the mainstream parties that the big points are being scored by the likes of Nigel Farage, Alex Salmond and, yes, Russell Brand. First time Russell Brand decides to stand for Mayor Of London, as he inevitably will, he'll cause a major upset.

Very much this.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Back on topic, tonight's show is from Canterbury which is a staunch Tory seat. Even UKIP supporters will probably have grudging admiration for sitting Conservative MP Julian Brazier who got a 4-month suspended sentence for killing an Italian motorcyclist in 2001.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
It's going to be carnage. Everyone will boo Farage because nobody in the audience can make up their bloody mind.

More anti Britishness from a UKIP supporter. Why do you hate the British people so much? Second time this week ive seen a UKIP supporter makinig
disparaging remarks about the British public.

D

Deleted member 22389

More anti Britishness from a UKIP supporter. Why do you hate the British people so much? Second time this week ive seen a UKIP supporter makinig
disparaging remarks about the British public.

Do you watch Question Time?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
its not an insult... it was a question...as I said...its the second time ive seen a UKIP supporter disparaging the British public on the basis that they dont think they may support UKIP.....but as I said...its time for a beer here....so im tidying up and then im off..

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
again I must refer to your unintelligible logic and grammer. Really not the brightest of the intellects are you. But thats what we should expect from UKIP supporters I suppose. Thick as Shit.

Capital A in again as it starts A sentence.
Grammar spelt correctly.
"Really not the brightest of the intellects, are you?" - This sentence fixed with A comma and question mark.

You grade at D, must try harder. :tosser:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Indeed. Though not half as funny as UKIP advisers allowing their leader anywhere near the same primetime TV debating room as Russell Brand. There is only ever going to be one winner in that situation and its going to be pretty damn hilarious to watch. Hopefully the fallout from the programme will cost UKIP clowns a couple of seats at the next election :wave:

It's not as simple as that. Think of the voters that UKIP are courting, they all despise Brand. Even the historical metropolitan working class vote will think he's an arse despite him actually fighting their corner.

I actually think Farage is in a no lose situation, if Brand gets on top he'll get to play the victim, ambushed on live television by the trendy liberal BBC metropolitan elite.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's not as simple as that. Think of the voters that UKIP are courting, they all despise Brand. Even the historical metropolitan working class vote will think he's an arse despite him actually fighting their corner.

I actually think Farage is in a no lose situation.

Disagree totally. Farage has everything to lose. Headline writers and political opponents will be CREAMING themselves at the prospect of Farage making a pratfall. Which with Brand running rings round him both verbally and intellectually is extremely likely to happen. Best option for Farage is to get stuck in traffic.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
How do you get 'ambushed' in a debate you have agreed to?

Anyway, im off...have a good evening, and enjoy the telly :)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
But thats what we should expect from UKIP supporters I suppose. Thick as Shit.

It's actually rather stupid to make such sweeping generalisations when you don't know many ( possibly any ) UKIP supporters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here