Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Farage MEP v Russell Brand - Question Time BBC1 22:35 *** Official Match Thread ***

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Not in my book. To me British values are about tolerence, openness and freedom.
UKIP in my mind are not representing British values, they are closet racists.

Maybe racists, but certainly nationalists. They don't like white immigrants either.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Sorry, I read that as 'Mr' in the article. Utterly wrong to deport them then.

Once again I have to disagree. "But under rules introduced in 2012, British citizens who want to bring a foreign spouse to the UK must earn £18,600 a year and a further £3,800 - a total of £22,400 - if the couple have a child."

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Easy lazy option, saves debating

So, when you started to de-construct the UKIP potential candidate for the target seat of Basildon, in order to vilify her for rocking the UKIP boat, with her allegations towards the UKIP General Secretary, you went out of your way to keep referring to her by her previous (asian) name rather than her current name.
You also went out of your way to refer to her as 'ex labour', which says to me, that you dont really want ex labour for any other reason, but to show you are 'bi partisan'.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
So, when you started to de-construct the UKIP potential candidate for the target seat of Basildon, in order to vilify her for rocking the UKIP boat, with her allegations towards the UKIP General Secretary, you went out of your way to keep referring to her by her previous (asian) name....

Don't you think that might be in reply to the constant accusation that UKIP is a racist party for racist people?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Once again I have to disagree. "But under rules introduced in 2012, British citizens who want to bring a foreign spouse to the UK must earn £18,600 a year and a further £3,800 - a total of £22,400 - if the couple have a child."

I disagree with the rule itself.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
My agenda?

My agenda is questioning why a UKIP supporter, is vilifying a UKIP candidate, and rather than using her current name, using her previous asian name....yeah..its my agenda. haha

Jan 30, 2008
Not in my book. To me British values are about tolerence, openness and freedom.
UKIP in my mind are not representing British values, they are closet racists.
how much more are we going to give then:tosser: you're the sort the terrorists and religious fanatics love :tosser:
regards
DR

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
You arent even a Pound Shop Enoch Powell.... more like a Car Boot Tim Ablitt.... UKIP are just old school racists. But it seems some of em have actually convinced themselves they arent!

someone who cant hold down a job?

Very good. No attempt to enter into political debate rather throw insults than back up any statement you've made.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
My agenda?

My agenda is questioning why a UKIP supporter, is vilifying a UKIP candidate, and rather than using her current name, using her previous asian name....yeah..its my agenda. haha

Yes you're agenda that you believe that UKIP is racist, you know that is why here previous was mentioned.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
My last sentence about nonsense was referring to your comment about studies. In my job I don't have access (or the time) to collate migration and economic data, so of course I am going to refer to studies, statistics.

I should add that I don't quote from studies etc to support what I believe. I use facts, logic and the analysis work by experts to help inform what I think.

The concerns on non EU migration are of course a relevant issue. But UKIP (who are the focus of this thread), don't have a coherent policy to deal with this.

This is a great article from the spectator earlier this year http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffee...-but-non-eu-migration-is-the-greater-problem/

Apologies. I meant the sentence about 13,000 to 700,000 not what you are referring to. I accept what you say, of course, and most people presumably would do the same, notably look for facts, logic etc etc. I wonder how many people actually go a variety of sources for their info, rather than just the usual reading material that coincides with their views. After a lifetime of Listening to "experts" in education, I am very wary of analysis work done by "experts". On this theme, I shan't look at the link -I usually do folk the courtesy of reading the link, but have got fed up with simply reading the bias that suites the post. No offence meant. As to whether UKIP have a coherent policy or not on non EU migration -are you totally sure of this?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
''Just look back at my previous posts, the quotes re text messages sent to Roger Bird from the ex Labour formerly Miss Ahmed'

If youre ex Labour, or an ethnic, and join UKIP, for the love of god, dont rock the boat. Even if you are the potential UKIP candidate for an important UKIP target seat.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Really? So you'd be happy for British citizens to live and marry elsewhere, and then return to the country with a child, and allow that family to then claim benefits?

I'd be more than happy for a British citizen to move back with their spouse and children if they hold British citizenship. Nothing in the article suggests they are claiming benefits. Even so, if she, as a British citizen was entitled to them if she was married to a British man, then no, I have no problem with that.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yes you're agenda that you believe that UKIP is racist, you know that is why here previous was mentioned.

I believe that UKIP has attracted substantial racist support. Yes. Without a doubt.
When somebody like Nick Griffin endorses your party, it does say quite a bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here