Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
People need to back off a bit - ( on both sides) trolling isn’t a fcuking sport and does absolutely nothing to contribute to debate. It makes for unpleasant reading and derails threads for those of us that want to discuss the issues.

Attacking people for their political beliefs is probably one of the reasons this country is becoming increasingly polarised - it pushes people towards more extreme versions of what they want to say.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
But he’s clearly a good judge of character…
Really , do you think it's fine for him to deliberately upset posters?

I think you have a level head so far since posting on here, please play nicely. Just because I have a different political views it doesn't make me bad person, most vicars would be happy to have a cuppa and a Rich tea with me.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

I think you have a level head so far since posting on here, please play nicely. Just because I have a different political views it doesn't make me bad person, most vicars would be happy to have a cuppa and a Rich tea with me.
Well you manage to piss everyone else off with your bollocks so not sure what your point is.
Spitting image once had a sketch based on Indiana jones called ‘Xenophobia jones’. You remind me of him.
Clergy and rich tea? Is that a euphemism for something the rest of us really don’t want to know about.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Well you manage to piss everyone else off with your bollocks so not sure what your point is.
Spitting image once had a sketch based on Indiana jones called ‘Xenophobia jones’. You remind me of him.
Clergy and rich tea? Is that a euphemism for something the rest of us really don’t want to know about.
Yes you can join Watford on ignore I don't need your trolling.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Meanwhile back on topic - Farage needs a history lesson in civil liberties:

Free speech is NOT under threat.

It does come however with duties and responsibilities. It has never, in any theoretical or actual enactment of civil or democratic rights, included the right to incite riots, to incite insurrection, to pose national security risks, to peddle hatred of groups based on religion, colour, ethnicity, race, sex, gender or anything else that characterises their identity.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008

Exactly, and Hitler was a tea total vegetarian to and no one gave him credit for that though its a bit to woke for me

Regards

DF

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
People need to back off a bit - ( on both sides) trolling isn’t a fcuking sport and does absolutely nothing to contribute to debate. It makes for unpleasant reading and derails threads for those of us that want to discuss the issues.

Attacking people for their political beliefs is probably one of the reasons this country is becoming increasingly polarised - it pushes people towards more extreme versions of what they want to say.
I'm not sure anyone gets attacked for their political beliefs. There are very good people on each side. People are inevitably going to take some incoming however when they post nothing but fantastical tosh.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Meanwhile back on topic - Farage needs a history lesson in civil liberties:

Free speech is NOT under threat.

It does come however with duties and responsibilities. It has never, in any theoretical or actual enactment of civil or democratic rights, included the right to incite riots, to incite insurrection, to pose national security risks, to peddle hatred of groups based on religion, colour, ethnicity, race, sex, gender or anything else that characterises their identity.

He’s playing to the Americans.
Many of them have followed Musk, in thinking SKS made up laws over the last week or so, just so he can jail social media users.
Many legal eagles on X have pointed out the Malicious Communication Act was passed in the 90s, but the misinformation continues as it’s playing into their campaign that lefties are cancelling free speech. Some of their more deranged accounts are quoting Magna Carta and telling England to rise up.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
I'm not sure anyone gets attacked for their political beliefs. There are very good people on each side. People are inevitably going to take some incoming however when they post nothing but fantastical tosh.
Did you manage to keep a straight face while typing that?

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The second part of my post was more a general comment tbh. The fact you see something as ‘two sides’ kind of illustrates my point.

Unfortunately one person’s idea of ’fantastical tosh’ is another person’s creed and it can be very subjective. Sometimes, it’s a learned worldview based on a myriad of personal life experiences.

It is arrogance to think one side, one’s own side, is completely right, while the other is completely wrong - sadly polarisation rather than meaningful dialogue is the only outcome in that scenario.

Personally I think Nigel Farage talks ‘fantastical tosh’ as does Trump but millions buy into their bollix - and wear it like a crown - they are even mobilised into taking violent action based on fantastical tosh.

De-radicalisation starts with meeting people where they are at imo and showing with rational argument, and factual messaging, that they have loss the plot 😉

I just don’t think we can bully people into our way of thinking whatever it is, it just entrenches people even more until everyone is just shouting at themselves in the proverbial echo chamber - or even worse, tips them into a MH crisis.

Last edited:

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Probably a similar expression to when you posted about Farage's law suits against channel 4. How is that going anyway?
Reform UK has made an official complaint to the electoral commission. Any legal action will follow on from their response.
Try to think before you post. 🤣

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Please ignore me also, before I write things that get me into trouble.
Thanks.
I recommend doing it the other way round. He's just an arsehole on a piss take.

1723543403842.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The second part of my post was more a general comment tbh. The fact you see something as ‘two sides’ kind of illustrates my point.

Unfortunately one person’s idea of ’fantastical tosh’ is another person’s creed and it can be very subjective. Sometimes, it’s a learned worldview based on a myriad of personal life experiences.

It is arrogance to think one side, one’s own side, is completely right, while the other is completely wrong - sadly polarisation rather than meaningful dialogue is the only outcome in that scenario.

Personally I think Nigel Farage talks ‘fantastical tosh’ as does Trump but millions buy into their bollix - and wear it like a crown - they are even mobilised into taking violent action based on fantastical tosh.

De-radicalisation starts with meeting people where they are at imo and showing with rational argument, and factual messaging, that they have loss the plot 😉

I just don’t think we can bully people into our way of thinking whatever it is, it just entrenches people even more until everyone is just shouting at themselves in the proverbial echo chamber - or even worse, tips them into a MH crisis.
So here is where I disagree with you, and agree with @Motogull

I don't see any evidence of the sincere promotion of a personal creed here.

All statements are not equal. All 'viewpoints' are not equal. All NSC posts are not made with the same level of sincerity.

When people post lies and create perverse narratives their posts deserve to be mocked, and defenestrated. When they do the same thing time and time again......and when they hide behind a VPN, and wave a 'disability', daring the rest of us to disregard it, they are taking the piss.

It is called trolling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here