Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Do you feel safe with so many unknown people in and around your neighborhood?
Not really as quite a few people voted Reform round here and there may well be some EDL scumbags.
No, mass illegal immigration has caused huge issues, there are plenty of other things that need fixing too. But Immigration is top of the list.
I assume you mean people attempting to enter the UK through unofficial/illegal routes. Well maybe this is because few legal routes actually exist. So we open up these routes and resourcing the offices properly to review and robustly screen applications. At the same time might think about working with agencies and governments in Europe (as adults) and more widely to prevent people smugglers to operate. We should also process applications in a faster more humane way. Remember that these may well be the people that are wiping our relatives’ bottoms, if sadly that is needed, unless of course we can find someone sitting outside a local ‘Spoons’ who will do it.

This is all so bleeding obvious it is bizzare that it is even contentious. It won’t be cheap but given the priority that you have given to it you shouldn’t have a problem with this.

However your I suspect you are talking about non-white immigration. This has increased since Brexit and is also the result of an absence of any plan to train and retain people from the UK to do many jobs. So all of this is the direct responsibility of decisions made by the political right, with the more right-wing end being particularly culpable.

I can understand people being scared given the number of violent incidents involving individuals that we have seen in recent years. A recurring thing here is mental illness. Maybe the massive cuts we have seen in the resourcing of these services, including massive cuts in hospital places has played a part.

So, is the solution to this to demonise vulnerable groups; to engage in a national ‘kristallnacht’ against mosques?

Here is a clue. I volunteer at a community centre in Camden Town. There is a long established working class white community who live alongside a large muslim community as well as new groups. We hold Christmas events, Eid events as well as having a community kitchen and much more. Large numbers come from across the community and mix, particularly older people and young families. Guess what, they all get on which is hardly suprising as they have much more in common with each other than with Farage and Tice. Again bleeding obvious.

I am sure that this week's attack broke all our hearts as do all the acts of violence we hear about. Violent knee-jerk responses and stoking up fear an hatred makes things much worse is much more about making the person expressing the views feel better than helping the actual victims.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Wow, all of London? Shut down? Something only three things have ever managed in a thousand years (the Black Death, the Bubonic Plague and Covid) and this lot achieved it? Crikey.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I like every man, woman and child to have an kosher identity, safety has to be first after all.
Hilarious, given you're a former poster who had his data deleted and is hiding behind a VPN.

If you truly believe this, tell us all who you are.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

He is somewhat correct, it's a reaction to fear, what he should admit though is that he has been selling fear, and is doing it again in this "message to Starmer".
He has only gotten anywhere politically by stoking fear, and pushing division.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wow, all of London? Shut down? Something only three things have ever managed in a thousand years (the Black Death, the Bubonic Plague and Covid) and this lot achieved it? Crikey.
I think that Wrong Direction has taken a wrong direction.

Can someone have a word with his dad?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
He is somewhat correct, it's a reaction to fear, what he should admit though is that he has been selling fear, and is doing it again in this "message to Starmer".
He has only gotten anywhere politically by stoking fear, and pushing division.
Indeed. One of the main reasons people are 'afraid' is because they have been told they have to be afraid by the likes of Farage.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wish people will stop saying that Farage is 'partly' correct and has recognized an 'issue'.

In terms of recognizing that many Americans will vote for anyone who makes them feel special, Trump is partly correct and recognizes an issue.

In terms of his plan to build a road network and use public money to create full employment, Hitler was partly correct and recognized an issue.

Focus on the bits about Farage that are not* correct and you will see the truer picture, folks.

FFS.

*To clarify, I mean the statements he makes that are not correct, not the statements made about him that are not correct.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hilarious, given you're a former poster who had his data deleted and is hiding behind a VPN.

If you truly believe this, tell us all who you are.
Since you have let the cat out of the bag, the Miss Marple gene will switch on again and start making protein; my money is on Looney.

May I be so bold as to suggest that when someone joins NSC they provide a verifiable identity that is not hidden behind a VPN?

I get manuscripts submitted to a journal I edit that come via G-mail. Unless the authors provide a verifiable (institutional) email address the work is rejected and they are not allowed to express themselves on the platform I curate. ??? :wink: .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Since you have let the cat out of the bag, the Miss Marple gene will switch on again and start making protein; my money is on Looney.

May I be so bold as to suggest that when someone joins NSC they provide a verifiable identity that is not hidden behind a VPN?

I get manuscripts submitted to a journal I edit that come via G-mail. Unless the authors provide a verifiable (institutional) email address the work is rejected and they are not allowed to express themselves on the platform I curate. ??? :wink: .
It's not Looney, nor will I say who we suspect it is. I wouldn't have raised it but for the absolute lack of honesty and self awareness in the post I quoted.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's not Looney, nor will I say who we suspect it is. I wouldn't have raised it but for the absolute lack of honesty and self awareness in the post I quoted.
No worries. I'll wind my porcelain-white neck in. But thanks for that clarification.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I wish people will stop saying that Farage is 'partly' correct and has recognized an 'issue'.

In terms of recognizing that many Americans will vote for anyone who makes them feel special, Trump is partly correct and recognizes an issue.

In terms of his plan to build a road network and use public money to create full employment, Hitler was partly correct and recognized an issue.

Focus on the bits about Farage that are not correct and you will see the truer picture, folks.

FFS.
Taking your advice, ignoring anything I may agree with, your whole post is total bollocks.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
No, it's top of your list as you are as Z grade racist back on NSC after an enforced holiday.
What are you talking about, why are you saying such a thing? I am a citizen of the UK protecting our boarders from the unknown faceless People that have entered our country without permission, this has nothing to do with being racist.

Please don't buy into the radical left version of anyone who say anything about the mass immigration is a racist, it just lies.

How were you feeling about Palace jumping our borders at the Amex illegally? Predominantly young faceless men in their hoodies.

It's no different.......oh but it is...we can identify these people because they're not truly faceless, they have real identities, they have passports and maybe known to the police.

The facts are less than 2% have a passport, who the effing hell are the other 98%? Can you name them? What have they been up to in their countries? We don't know, no one knows, do you even care?

How many have crossed the water since Blair opened the gates, millions its is mental of the faceless million that jumped our turnstiles and continue to, as Cooper stands there wagging her finger at them.

Then their are our homeless and poor pensioners, left short, no cosy hotel for them.

Johnson was as guilty of being to woke to take on the ECHR on, Farage is the only hope for millions hence the way he smashed all new parties records at the GE, with 4 million votes.

Your working class people of Britain whatever your colour or religion know they can rely on him to get some common sense back in Britain.

No racist, no EDL member just a concerned Britain wanting the best for our kids and grandkids and their safe secure future.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Alot of people are really fed up with being told how they should feel and are starting to stand up

The problem is the main way to channel this is alongside alot of right wing supporters.

Unfortunately for the genuine fed up people , the hard right will always let them down and the media will stamp all over genuine protests

There is alot of feeling and its growing though

Sorry to post on the Resident experts thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
What are you talking about, why are you saying such a thing? I am a citizen of the UK protecting our boarders from the unknown faceless People that have entered our country without permission, this has nothing to do with being racist.
You're a bloke on the internet hiding behind a made up name, random avatar and a disability.

Again, if you're against unknown facelessness, who are you?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Taking your advice, ignoring anything I may agree with, your whole post is total bollocks.
If you want me to understand that you need to unpack it a bit. A post of mine cannot transform into "total bollocks" without some explanation.

My advice was take note of the important things, not the irrelevant things.

A stopped clock is correct twice a day. Hitler was kind to children. Not everything Farage say is incorrect. None of these things allow an accurate assessment of the value of the clock, the fitness of Hitler to run Germany (or indeed breath God's clean air), or the insights and leadership qualities of 'our Nige'.

Edit: I can see how you my have read my post so I have edited it:

Focus on the bits about Farage that are not* correct and you will see the truer picture, folks.

FFS.

*To clarify, I mean the statements he makes that are not correct, not the statements made about him that are not correct.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You're a bloke on the internet hiding behind a made up name, random avatar and a disability.

Again, if you're against unknown facelessness, who are you?
A fake disability created to mock those of us who are open about our neurodiversity.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Your working class people of Britain whatever your colour or religion know they can rely on him to get some common sense back in Britain.

No racist, no EDL member just a concerned Britain wanting the best for our kids and grandkids and their safe secure future.
You do a huge disservice to working class people by saying they side with Farage and Reform. Reform performed worse than Labour and the Tories with working class people.

Data shows the common trait among Reform voters is less about class but more that they are mostly male, over 50 years of age, and voted Leave in the referendum. A lot of them are doing well financially too. Funnily enough, it's almost the exact same demographic as those who voted Tory, because almost all Reform voters are also ex-Tory voters. As a result, just like the Tories they pick up very little of the vote among the under 50s across all demographics which gives an indication that the future direction the country will go in is the opposite to that which Reform want. Younger people are far too clued up and aspirational and patriotic to buy into the divisive nonsense of Farage and Patel and co. So that's good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here