Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
So I know the grifter Farage, the millionaire conspiracy theorist Rupert Lowe, and the moronic 30p Lee. Who are the other two ****s?
Southampton fans still talk of his time at the club fondly. The Chairman who employed rugby coach Clive Woodward as technical director. Akin to calling the plumber when you have a power cut.

Around 15 years ago I had two hospitality comps at St Marys for the Paint Pot area final v Charlton. (Don't ask) Outside our lounge there was a teak board with a list of all previous Southampton chairman. Lowe's name had been scratched out with something sharp and 'wanker' engraved alongside. They called that one right. It be be curious to know if that board remains unchanged today. Lowe's status from the board certainly hasn't changed.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Again, that's a bit of a stretch isn't it?, you're going from 0-100 like an old Ford Mexico. Attack dogs on the teachers ???????

My sister used to make lists of people she didn't like, I don't think she's a Nazi, a complete idiot granted but definitely not a Nazi.

As for a crime, you are probably correct but Gov guidance is "Teachers absolutely can talk about politics – and they are encouraged to do so. What they shouldn’t do, though, is present their own, or anyone else’s, political views as fact. As a general principle, they should avoid expressing their own personal political views to pupils unless they are confident this will not amount to promoting that view to pupils."
You think it's a bit of a stretch, because based on your sample size of one, your own sister, who made lists of people she didn't like, but she isn't a Nazi, so Reform cannot be doing anything sinister?

Same question to you. Why are Reform making the lists?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The easiest way for this to be debunked would be for Nigel to introduce them to the media, or them to introduce themselves.

Has that happened?
Why would that happen?

This is a madcap theory that's cropped up on twitter and been amplified by a few gobshites and obsessives. I'm sure Farage and Reform couldn't give two shits if it's debunked, in fact, it probably gives them a nice bit of cover to start with.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why would that happen?

This is a madcap theory that's cropped up on twitter and been amplified by a few gobshites and obsessives. I'm sure Farage and Reform couldn't give two shits if it's debunked, in fact, it probably gives them a nice bit of cover to start with.
Maybe to stop an awkward visit from the Old Bill?

Byline Times is reporting this. They broke the Covid contract allegations and Dan Wooten stories. They're not Alex Jones.

Reform were sending tweets purporting to come from pensioners, using images of dead people. It's Russian tactics 101. Really an incredible job for them to find 660 candidates at a drop of a hat when they have no branch structure, no?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Again, that's a bit of a stretch isn't it?, you're going from 0-100 like an old Ford Mexico. Attack dogs on the teachers ???????

My sister used to make lists of people she didn't like, I don't think she's a Nazi, a complete idiot granted but definitely not a Nazi.

As for a crime, you are probably correct but Gov guidance is "Teachers absolutely can talk about politics – and they are encouraged to do so. What they shouldn’t do, though, is present their own, or anyone else’s, political views as fact. As a general principle, they should avoid expressing their own personal political views to pupils unless they are confident this will not amount to promoting that view to pupils."
Put it this way, it’s something to keep an eye on.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
You think it's a bit of a stretch, because based on your sample size of one, your own sister, who made lists of people she didn't like, but she isn't a Nazi, so Reform cannot be doing anything sinister?

Same question to you. Why are Reform making the lists?
I don't know, neither do you, we don't know if it's Reform or just Rupert Lowe, we don't know what they/he were intending to do with the list it could be anything from contacting them directly, the schools, authorities or to the very very n'th degree of setting the attack dogs loose but that's where you and others are insinuating it's going.

Same with the phantom candidates, a number of them have been debunked already but on here far too many ready with pitchforks as soon as it's raised but no one will come back and say Oh we were wrong. It's now, "but what about the others and it will just carry on."

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Put it this way, it’s something to keep an eye on.
OK, that's something I can agree with, keep an eye on things is something we should be doing with all the parties, all of the time but it's a long long way from immediately labelling them as Nazi's, a word that is far too easily banded around on this board.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Maybe to stop an awkward visit from the Old Bill?

Byline Times is reporting this. They broke the Covid contract allegations and Dan Wooten stories. They're not Alex Jones.

Reform were sending tweets purporting to come from pensioners, using images of dead people. It's Russian tactics 101. Really an incredible job for them to find 660 candidates at a drop of a hat when they have no branch structure, no?
Surely it's up to the electoral commission to investigate first, they've got application forms with every candidate's details on, it's not that difficult from them to contact people and check details against the electoral roll.

Think of all the things you have to apply for in everyday life, there's a process and there's hoops to jump through. Reform didn't just send an e-mail with a list of names on it.

I don't think it's that difficult for them to get candidates. They might not have a branch structure but they do have a structure and full time employees. All they have to do is e-mail their members and ask if they're willing to participate which, as I said earlier, is probably easier for them to do than to commit fraud.

I have no proof either way, but neither have Byline times. I reckon what I said is more likely though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Surely it's up to the electoral commission to investigate first, they've got application forms with every candidate's details on, it's not that difficult from them to contact people and check details against the electoral roll.

Think of all the things you have to apply for in everyday life, there's a process and there's hoops to jump through. Reform didn't just send an e-mail with a list of names on it.

I don't think it's that difficult for them to get candidates. They might not have a branch structure but they do have a structure and full time employees. All they have to do is e-mail their members and ask if they're willing to participate which, as I said earlier, is probably easier for them to do than to commit fraud.

I have no proof either way, but neither have Byline times. I reckon what I said is more likely though.
Byline Times have been investigating, and now the Glasgow Times has too. All 3 of the Reform candidates live in England which hasn't gone down well there.
Byline Times is a registered print and online newspaper.
I'm still trying to work out if I am a gobshite or an obsessive. :lolol:

Btw, the police are involved.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Byline Times have been investigating, and now the Glasgow Times has too. All 3 of the Reform candidates live in England which hasn't gone down well there.

Thought that was Pardew for a moment. Because dinghies rocking up in Birkenhead is such a major local issue...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Ah yes, Mark Matlock is actually real. Apparently, he used the AI image to alter the colour of his tie. Yes, really.

This is what he actually looks like compared to his AI image.

It was said he couldn't attend the hustings and count because he was in hospital with pneumonia

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I don't know, neither do you, we don't know if it's Reform or just Rupert Lowe, we don't know what they/he were intending to do with the list it could be anything from contacting them directly, the schools, authorities or to the very very n'th degree of setting the attack dogs loose but that's where you and others are insinuating it's going.

Same with the phantom candidates, a number of them have been debunked already but on here far too many ready with pitchforks as soon as it's raised but no one will come back and say Oh we were wrong. It's now, "but what about the others and it will just carry on."
You seem obsessed with the term 'attack dogs'. You do appreciate I was referring to the Reform party thugs don't you? The security people who went in mob handed to remove hecklers from Farage's meetings? Not actual dogs?

If Reform maintain lists of teachers who disagree with them, or any other profession for that matter, do you see how it can be used to intimidate dissenting voices?

I didn't mention phantom candidates. But now that you have mentioned it, I have observed that you seem more preoccupied with shooting the messenger, and anxious to fend off any and all criticism of Reform, than actually discussing any alleged wrongdoing by them. Just an observation.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Of course not, that's perfectly normal and happened at my school but the teachers facilitated, not participated.

Yes I fully expect teachers to discuss racism and discrimination but without their own political slants applied.
What's the problem? It's not as if the kids get to ACTUALLY vote. And, if they did, they would probably do the opposite to what they are 'told' as a massive "Fack you!" to the authorities.

Then, by the time they are old enough TO vote, they would've figured out their own minds and opinions.

Stop being a facking SNOWFLAKE :lolol:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
OK, that's something I can agree with, keep an eye on things is something we should be doing with all the parties, all of the time but it's a long long way from immediately labelling them as Nazi's, a word that is far too easily banded around on this board.
As opposed to Reform and their Tory sympathizers (like Braverman) labelling everyone they disagree with as 'Woke'?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Bit of both.

That says they're investigating because he cocked up his leaflets. Nothing to do with anything that's been discussed previously on this thread.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Of course not, that's perfectly normal and happened at my school but the teachers facilitated, not participated.

Yes I fully expect teachers to discuss racism and discrimination but without their own political slants applied.
You can’t really discuss racism in England at the moment without discussing Reform.

I’d welcome any teacher who highlights Reforms’ revolting take on life.

And for accuracy, Reform is not a political party, it’s a business.

I consider it a teachers’ job to warn children of racist organisations. Business or political entity. And they should be free to do so without being put on a list.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here