Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Someone reminded me that all MP's have to list their various cash streams and benefits in kind on the Register of Member's Interests.... could be fun finding out where Farage has had his sticky fingers.
That’s on the basis that he makes full and honest disclosure. You think he will?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There’s a story bubbling under the surface with Reform that a number of their candidates in the election quite simply didn’t exist

Looks like MSM onto it now

Reform UK under pressure to prove all its candidates were real people​

Reform UK are coming under pressure to provide evidence its candidates at the general election were all real people after doubts were raised about a series of hopefuls who stood without providing any photos, biographies or contact details. Reform insists every one of its 609 candidates on 4 July were real, while accepting that some were in effect “paper candidates” who did no campaigning, and were there simply to help increase the party’s vote share.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-to-prove-all-its-candidates-were-real-people

Shirley Nige wouldn't be that stupid, although it is always surprising the decisions that people with Narcissistic personality disorder actually make ???

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That’s on the basis that he makes full and honest disclosure. You think he will?
As the " Man of the People " he's in a difficult spot. If he does not declare fully and gets caught out it will be bad. If he does declare fully, the people in Clacton will realise he's been making lots of cash out of the business of hatred.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Shirley Nige wouldn't be that stupid, although it is always surprising the decisions people with Narcissistic personality disorder actually make ???

It beggars belief doesn’t it?

Puts a whole new slant on making plans for Nigel :unsure:

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
As the " Man of the People " he's in a difficult spot. If he does not declare fully and gets caught out it will be bad. If he does declare fully, the people in Clacton will realise he's been making lots of cash out of the business of hatred.
The people of Clacton subsist on the tears of drowned migrants and the blood of dead Palestinians so I do not think they will care about Nigel making his money from hate.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You couldn't be more wrong, our friend was a big cheerleader for Brexit and Boris, but just seems to be in denial and angry at everything these days :shrug:
Well, I said 'Refarmer' (my amusing word for Reform oaves) so it seems I couldn't be more right.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I thought you needed a dozen or so constituents to nominate you to be a candidate in a general election? If the candidates are fictitious, there should be a few nervous people that put their names to a fraud, unless they had their details borrowed, and signatures forged.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I thought you needed a dozen or so constituents to nominate you to be a candidate in a general election? If the candidates are fictitious, there should be a few nervous people that put their names to a fraud, unless they had their details borrowed, and signatures forged.
I doubt they check signatures - indeed, I don't know how they would do so. It simply has to be ten names off the electoral roll. As you say - could be borrowed. It'll be interesting to find out, but I suspect they are actually all real people - but just standing with no intention of campaigning or turning up on the night. After all, we don't all have extensive online presences, even today.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

If he is donating his net pay, and reclaiming 40% tax on it, he is probably only a few grand worse off. He could claw that back, and some, on a well crafted expenses claim, or second home allowance, we will see.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Worth talking to Saints fans about him....
Here's one.

1720475121998.png

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
There’s a story bubbling under the surface with Reform that a number of their candidates in the election quite simply didn’t exist

This candidate, at least, is genuine as he’s interviewed in the Guardian article.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Sod Voter ID, we need Candidate ID.
I was going to say that. How on earth is it possible for fictitious people to end up on a ballot paper? Isn't it an offence under one of the Representations of the People acts? Or is it so outlandish that no one thought to legislate for it?

My mum used to stand as a 'paper candidate' for the Lib-Dems in Council elections in unwinnable Tory wards. She allowed her name to be entered on the ballot paper, but there would be no campaigning, it was just so that when you turned up at the polling booth you at least had a non-Conservative to vote for. She too has no social media presence, but the slightest bit of digging (by checking her name and address on the Electoral Roll for example), would reveal that she was a real person.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If he doesn’t and he gets found out, he’ll get clobbered under the new government. Starmer has already announced his intentions about standards.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Looks like MSM onto it now

Reform UK under pressure to prove all its candidates were real people​

Reform UK are coming under pressure to provide evidence its candidates at the general election were all real people after doubts were raised about a series of hopefuls who stood without providing any photos, biographies or contact details. Reform insists every one of its 609 candidates on 4 July were real, while accepting that some were in effect “paper candidates” who did no campaigning, and were there simply to help increase the party’s vote share.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-to-prove-all-its-candidates-were-real-people

Shirley Nige wouldn't be that stupid, although it is always surprising the decisions that people with Narcissistic personality disorder actually make ???
The one in Worthing East certainly was, former Tory Worthing Mayor Lionel Harman, politics wise to the right of Nick Griffin, but he got over 7,000 votes :(

Don't you have to get 10 local people on the electoral register to sign each constituency nomination form, surely that number of people wouldn't have been complicit to electoral fraud?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
How on earth is it possible for fictitious people to end up on a ballot paper? Isn't it an offence under one of the Representations of the People acts? Or is it so outlandish that no one thought to legislate for it?
Who were the fictitious candidates? I’ve seen one example of a suspected phantom candidate but they turned out to be real.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Who were the fictitious candidates? I’ve seen one example of a suspected phantom candidate but they turned out to be real.
This is interesting, and does hint at how small time/overnight Reform might actually be;

There does seem to have been a lot of candidates put up where there is basically no information about them online. Doesn't mean they aren't real, but does suggest it's all been done quite "on the fly" and probably quite unprofessionally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here