Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
3. Becoming an MP?

Will be interesting to see the state of play going into the next general election
It will indeed. It's interesting that despite multiples more exposure, airtime, money and resources than the Greens Farage and co have only managed to match them on number of seats. Total vote is higher but that doesn't take into account tactical voting taking Green voters to Lib Dem and Labour (nor does it take into account how little coverage and free publicity the Greens get by comparison).

Farage's success in getting publicity and driving Brexit seem inversely proportional to his democratic successes. I wonder what the country would be like if we had someone doing that but as a force for unity and common good instead.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
The C4 doc did a fair amount damage, the was well played by C4 is was brilliantly timed. I expected Reform to do slightly better than they have. I don't blame right-wingers for voting them, as the right don't really have a voice but The reform party much like UKIP is riddled with plonkers and BNP types, and it will end in tears for them. Reform will go the same way as UKIP did.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
It will be interesting to see if they now get properly questioned about the fairy stories in their plans for budget, cuts and charging for the nhs. It is very easy to be the mouth protest but I wonder how far it can go before people realise it will crash the economy.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The C4 doc did a fair amount damage, the was well played by C4 is was brilliantly timed. I expected Reform to do slightly better than they have. I don't blame right-wingers for voting them, as the right don't really have a voice but The reform party much like UKIP is riddled with plonkers and BNP types, and it will end in tears for them. Reform will go the same way as UKIP did.
there isn't an end point for Reform like there was for UKIP. once they had and won the vote, the purpose UKIP evaporated and their vote along with it. now there's a more nebulous "fix Britain" which is the same objective (different means) as the other parties. i'm afraid they may become a standard part of politics, though their voets dispersed across the country means not likely to make much head way in seats.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It will indeed. It's interesting that despite multiples more exposure, airtime, money and resources than the Greens Farage and co have only managed to match them on number of seats. Total vote is higher but that doesn't take into account tactical voting taking Green voters to Lib Dem and Labour (nor does it take into account how little coverage and free publicity the Greens get by comparison).

Farage's success in getting publicity and driving Brexit seem inversely proportional to his democratic successes. I wonder what the country would be like if we had someone doing that but as a force for unity and common good instead.
as much as 4 seats for Reform is too many, the fact is, its more a symptom of our fatally flawed election system than any true refelction of the country as a whole.

Tories got over 2/3 of Labour vote total and little over 1/4 of their number of seats.

Reform got 600k more votes than Lib Dems but only 1/20th of their seats.

Yep, thats the system, and in reforms case theyre wont be many crying eyes but its in no way representative democracy

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
there isn't an end point for Reform like there was for UKIP. once they had and won the vote, the purpose UKIP evaporated and their vote along with it. now there's a more nebulous "fix Britain" which is the same objective (different means) as the other parties. i'm afraid they may become a standard part of politics, though their voets dispersed across the country means not likely to make much head way in seats.
You are right that there is no end point for reform. Very hard to predict if they will grow beyond this though, it will depend on how the Tory party reacts to the defeat, and how their backers react.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

As per my teenage son...Farage has been all over tictoc so he's pretty much the main politician he's heard of during this election...and he's funny apparently.
However... Raymondo junior did offer that he thinks he may be a racist.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Can I just clarify - when Putin invades, we will be placating him by giving him Clacton, Boston, Skegness, Yarmouth and Ashfield?
I can't imagine Putin arriving in Skegness and be left feeling content, unless of course he went for a jolly at Butlins
:shrug:

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
How will Farage cope with having to be transparent with his finances? Will he play ball or refuse and leave Parliament and then cry establishment stitch up?
"Nigel there's a payment here from a Mr V Putin, care to explain?" :eek:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can I just clarify - when Putin invades, we will be placating him by giving him Clacton, Boston, Skegness, Yarmouth and Ashfield?
In fairness, having been to Yarmouth and Skegness they do seem to be stuck in Soviet era.

If the boats land at the pier in Yarmouth they can pop in to see Jim Davison and Chubby Brown at the theatre.

1720186426342.png

I actually rather enjoyed my cricket tour there. But I think it was the company and the crazy golf.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
As per my teenage son...Farage has been all over tictoc so he's pretty much the main politician he's heard of during this election...and he's funny apparently.
However... Raymondo junior did offer that he thinks he may be a racist.
Had a brief conversation with 15yo Bobkin Jnr about Farage last night. His opinion is that he and his mates think 'Nige' is an utter bellend.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Getting heckled at his press conference. They kick one out and another appears. :)
He's such an infuriating git. The most infuriating thing is he's exactly the sort of Trumpian type who will continually win people over. The only outcome of all this shouting at him is a swelling of his support :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here