Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It was always a ridiculous accusation by NF and co, merely an attempt to distract the fact the cover had been blown on his inner circle. This incident and the Russia support had definitely reduced Reform Ltd's momentum.

2 seats to the fashs I reckon. Hard to get racism and bigotry concentrated to the levels to win a seat. Its everywhere but mostly at low levels
Yes, and this is the crux of my FPTP argument. Nowhere, with the possible exception of Clacton, has enough racists to deserve being represented by a racist.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't know what to feel about Lee Anderson this morning given that he's expected to lose his seat to Labour.

All he ever seems to do is tweet about wanting his country back, but like most xenophobic simpletons, he can't or won't tell anyone who currently actually has it. He's been a useful idiot for the Conservatives, who portrayed him as a man of the people and thus pushed him into a role that sounded important but wasn't. Maybe they somehow weren't c*nty enough because he then got fed up and defected to the even bigger twats in Reform.

Had Anderson bothered to check, he'd have found their entire proposed cabinet are private/public school educated millionaires almost without exception. And when he was invited onto QuestionTime, Reform told the BBC he wasn't available and that it was obviously about time Nigel Farage made an appearance (as obviously he has been grossly under-represented down the years). Anderson is too stupid to realise he's been hoodwinked into the useful idiot role AGAIN - he is clearly only tolerated for his "man of the peepel, we want are cuntry back" acceptable-because-he's-working-class whining.

He'll disappear without trace after this election. Clearly a moron, but somehow I feel sorry for him because he has been played by two parties because of who he is.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I can't understand why he left his decision so late. Four weeks was never enough time to truly investigate who and what were truly behind Farage ???

‘Like a son to me’: George Cottrell, the high-rolling convicted fraudster at Nigel Farage’s side​

It’s an enigma at the heart of Nigel Farage’s general election campaign: why has a 30-year-old businessman, self-confessed high-stakes gambler and convicted fraudster flown in from a glamorous Balkan resort to act as his unpaid aide?

He was with Farage on the night of the Brexit referendum when he sensed a gambling opportunity. “At 10pm, I couldn’t believe I was still getting 9/1 [for a majority leave vote],” he told the Telegraph newspaper afterwards. “We were in our campaign office and I was tracking all the major stock indices, the dollar and pound currency markets. When it got to 3am, I was getting my managers out of bed to get me another 50 grand on here, another 50 grand there, to short sterling. I just couldn’t help myself.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ge-cottrell-nigel-farage-reform-uk-montenegro

But he's a man of the people and a true patriot who says what he thinks :dunce:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'm not sure if what we do in Australia is PR but I like it. It means I can simultaneously vote for a smaller party that represents my views (in the hope that the groundswell will make them a viable option one day (not happened yet)) and ensure that I put my preferred main party above the other one (no need for tactical voting, just put the one you like least at the bottom).

Bobs your uncle, and all totally pointless as I live in a safe labour seat that's been red since Noah was a boy.

We find the lower house over here is usually quite sensible and mainly occupied by the two main parties with a smattering of Greens and moderate independents. The upper house contains a few basket cases but then that happens with unelected peer nominated systems also (allegedly).

I'm not sure if it is due to the voting system but I much prefer the system over here as we don't tend to keep electing the same party for a decade which means they have to keep their game strong and stay accountable. A healthy disregard for the ruling classes is also a bit of a boon so we don't get a string of public school twats born to rule leading us. I believe the record for downing a yard of ale is still held by and ex prime minister.
The best thing about your system is, I think, that it's compulsory? If everyone had to vote, things would be at least more representative here.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
I was chatting to my mate up in the old pit villages around Sunderland today and her real fear is of the silent Reform voter. Says a lot of people are disillusioned with both main parties, so looking for an alternative. Guess it'll all depend if there are enough of them in each constituency to make a real difference to both parties rather than take away from just the Tories.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I was chatting to my mate up in the old pit villages around Sunderland today and her real fear is of the silent Reform voter. Says a lot of people are disillusioned with both main parties, so looking for an alternative. Guess it'll all depend if there are enough of them in each constituency to make a real difference to both parties rather than take away from just the Tories.
I live in Sunderland. There won't be anything like enough to come close. Labour will win by landslides as ever, unfortunately.

Nicks

1000012328.jpg

Seems there a few Suspended Racist MP's in this list as well.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The best thing about your system is, I think, that it's compulsory? If everyone had to vote, things would be at least more representative here.
Fack that. There's no way I'm being told that I HAVE to vote. Even of its to spoil my ballot. What a monumental waste of time.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
View attachment 185124
Seems there a few Suspended Racist MP's in this list as well.
Recently is the biggest stretch I think we'll see before 10pm. Most of those are under different leaderships, some over a decade ago. Eric Joyce for example was suspended and removed from the Labour Party in 2012. David Chaytor (whose name they haven't even bothered to spell correctly), Denis MacShane, Jim Devine and Elliot Morley and Eric Illsley were imprisoned for their part in the expenses scandal and released from prison in 2011/12. Both Lord Taylor of Warwick and Lord Hanningfield (conservatives) were also imprisoned for their part in the expenses scandals.

If you want more recent, and cross party view, in 2022 there were 56 sitting MPs being investigated for sexual harassment, including cabinet members and at least one shadow cabinet member.

If you want a more balanced view of all MPs who were suspended by their parties, Politico did a good round up last year.

And not to push any political view, but at the very least, constitutional reform and a move away from the "good chap theory of government" is a fundamental part of Labour's manifesto. They have pledged to tackle the sleaze that has come to symbolize the "mother of all parliaments" and if you think that it is a problem as your post demonstrates, this policy actively attempts to address that.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Any of them standing in this election for Labour?
Looks like it's only Naz Shah, and the allegation of racism seems an unbelievably vague allegation.

It presumably relates to the incident where she shared a post (not her own) on Facebook about Israel and Palestine in 2014 that was in poor taste (for the time). She was investigated, given a formal warning and made a formal apology in 2016. She has been elected by the people of Bradford twice since then with two of the largest Labour majorities in the country.

Apart from that, I don't think any are standing in this election for Labour (one under the Workers Party of Britain, and a couple as independents).

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I can't understand why he left his decision so late. Four weeks was never enough time to truly investigate who and what were truly behind Farage ???

‘Like a son to me’: George Cottrell, the high-rolling convicted fraudster at Nigel Farage’s side​

It’s an enigma at the heart of Nigel Farage’s general election campaign: why has a 30-year-old businessman, self-confessed high-stakes gambler and convicted fraudster flown in from a glamorous Balkan resort to act as his unpaid aide?

He was with Farage on the night of the Brexit referendum when he sensed a gambling opportunity. “At 10pm, I couldn’t believe I was still getting 9/1 [for a majority leave vote],” he told the Telegraph newspaper afterwards. “We were in our campaign office and I was tracking all the major stock indices, the dollar and pound currency markets. When it got to 3am, I was getting my managers out of bed to get me another 50 grand on here, another 50 grand there, to short sterling. I just couldn’t help myself.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ge-cottrell-nigel-farage-reform-uk-montenegro

But he's a man of the people and a true patriot who says what he thinks :dunce:
I've been to Porto Montenegro, its swarming with Russia Oligarchs. Follow the money...

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024
Looks like it's only Naz Shah, and the allegation of racism seems an unbelievably vague allegation.

It presumably relates to the incident where she shared a post (not her own) on Facebook about Israel and Palestine in 2014 that was in poor taste (for the time). She was investigated, given a formal warning and made a formal apology in 2016. She has been elected by the people of Bradford twice since then with two of the largest Labour majorities in the country.

Apart from that, I don't think any are standing in this election for Labour (one under the Workers Party of Britain, and a couple as independents).

Rupa Huq is standing.

Screenshot 2024-07-04 at 12.07.33.png

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm thinking that if the people of Clacton do elect Farage as their MP they will get the representation in parliament they deserve. Absolutely f*** all :shrug:

Can you see Nige running a surgery in Clacton, taking up and pushing his constituent's issues, actually turning up in parliament ?

If he eventually gets a seat at the eighth attempt, what do you think he'll do next as it sure as hell won't be to represent Clacton :dunce:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can you see Nige running a surgery in Clacton, taking up and pushing his constituent's issues, actually turning up in parliament ?
He’ll turn up in Parliament when he thinks he might get a bit of airtime;

- PMQs
- Budget
- State opening

I actually think it’d be more of an issue if anywhere else elects a Reform MP. Imagine Tice and not Farage getting a question in, they’d never allow it

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm thinking that if the people of Clacton do elect Farage as their MP they will get the representation in parliament they deserve. Absolutely f*** all :shrug:

If he eventually gets a seat at the eighth attempt, what do you think he'll do next as it sure as hell won't be to represent Clacton :dunce:
You do wonder if Farage wants to win, he'll constrained. That said he'd probably f**k off to the States anyway, he likes money. Clacton residents are just useful idiots

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
As an aside, I have just been looking at one of our local FB community pages and there are some nasty comments from Reform supporters. My God, they are a most unpleasant bunch. I recognise a number of names from topics I have read in the past and it doesn’t surprise me one little bit, that they are Reform idiots😡

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here