Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I keep refreshing the board, I see "BREAKING NEWS", get excited that we have a new coach, then realize that it's this f***ing thread bounced again (which I also just did)
Could do a job, seems we're getting desperate? :unsure:

Will say what all the players are thinking but are afraid to say themselves, only bring in skilled overseas players, no duds, no overly bloated squad, paid for by someone other than Bloom saving cash. However, been beaten by a dolphin and Binface and only ever won some noddy competitions, so maybe not.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Very dangerous path to go down. “I don’t like your politics so I’m going to assault you”. I personally can’t stand Farage and saw through his man of the people schtick immediately first time around, but while you may consider him a “racist dickhead”, unless he actually breaks the law he is just a politician with a different viewpoint.

You can’t go around assaulting people because they think differently to you.
I didn’t say I would (I wouldn’t as it’s a waste) but his rhetoric is deliberately aimed at offending, disturbing and frightening people. Just because he can doesn’t mean he should. His idea of politics is to act like a half pissed dickhead in the pub. He indirectly targets and demonises people (teachers at the moment) knowing the law can’t touch him. It’s a ****s trick ….

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I didn’t say I would (I wouldn’t as it’s a waste) but his rhetoric is deliberately aimed at offending, disturbing and frightening people. Just because he can doesn’t mean he should. His idea of politics is to act like a half pissed dickhead in the pub. He indirectly targets and demonises people (teachers at the moment) knowing the law can’t touch him. It’s a ****s trick ….
Where does it end though, and who gets to decide? What you find very distasteful about Farage, some in the hard left of the Labour Party feel about Starmer. If they feel strongly they’re right and he’s wrong, does that then justify them assaulting him?

I don’t think this kind of thing has a place in politics full stop. Not to anyone.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
They’re certainly unconventional but from what I can see, no one seems to mind. They’re more of a protest vote, a magnet for contrarians, than a normal political party. Should the unthinkable happen, and they get big enough to be the official opposition, or at least have a sizeable presence in parliament, I guess they’d have to change their structure but at the moment it appears not to be an issue.
Change the word 'parliament' to 'Reichstag' and you've nailed the Nazi Party in Germany c. 1929.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The chances either of them getting ‘shaked’ is very remote because neither are rabble rousers. Farage is an in your face nasty piece of work so will bring this out of people. To a certain extent he brings it on himself. I take the view that if you act like a narcissistic , racist dickhead, then people are more likely to treat you like one.
This is the correct answer. Some of the far-thick on Twitter are genuinely more outraged by this frankly mildly amusing but stupid stunt than they were by Jo Cox.

Let's face it, you are spot on - Farage invites this sort of outrage, the absolute twunt.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
The chances either of them getting ‘shaked’ is very remote because neither are rabble rousers. Farage is an in your face nasty piece of work so will bring this out of people. To a certain extent he brings it on himself. I take the view that if you act like a narcissistic , racist dickhead, then people are more likely to treat you like one.
Dangerous thinking. Who is the arbiter of whether a politician deserves to be assaulted — you? No. Just don’t do it. Use your brains to attack your political enemies if you must. How long will it be before someone who takes exception to Starmer or Sunak deciding to attack them? A milkshake today, a brick tomorrow. Then a knife? In a democracy, our politicians are accessible. Let’s keep it that way.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Farage has been milkshaked again in Clacton!

You have to laugh.
Regardless who it was committed against, even a politician of any party, I struggle to laugh about an assault.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Regardless who it was committed against, even a politician of any party, I struggle to laugh about an assault.
It was a milkshake, not acid.

All the apologists for the far-thick and their Gbeebies/right-wing media chums are absolutely apoplectic with rage over this. It's funny, there simply wasn't the same torrent of outrage on my Twitter feed after Jo Cox. But then again, she was just murdered.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I wouldn't be so sure.

Marketing teams get paid an awful lot of money to quickly turn something in order drive engagement, for free advertising.
They could’ve just sent a runner out to get a milkshake and maximise the publicity of the moment. Or it could be staged. Either way it’s the kind of shit I really hate about politics.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Surely the part of the point of remaining in the EU was because we didn't want to lose the cheap labour? One of the reasons people in the less affluent north liked the idea of leaving the EU, is because people on low wages don't particularly like the idea of keeping those wages low. If we import fewer immigrants to do the less well paid jobs, those jobs may become better paid.
Nope. Fewer immigrants and the economy as a whole shrinks and wages stay low.
Employers keep wages low, to keep their profits high. They won't be raising wages and giving up their profits because there aren't enough immigrants.

They are happy to promote that argument though.
Divide and rule has been working for the 1% for a looooong time now. They aren't going to change tactics now.

cookie.jpg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It was a milkshake, not acid.

All the apologists for the far-thick and their Gbeebies/right-wing media chums are absolutely apoplectic with rage over this. It's funny, there simply wasn't the same torrent of outrage on my Twitter feed after Jo Cox. But then again, she was just murdered.
Assault is assault. As murder is murder. Try going and throwing a milkshake over a police officer and see how quickly you're arrested for assault on an emergency worker.

I'm not angry about it - just think it's sad that the politics has now been reduced to "well he's a far right cvnt so deserves assaulting".

If you take your Twatter feed as a barometer of public feeling then you're more than a little daft.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Oh have a day off, you soppy gimp.

I am pointing out that there is a massive overreaction to this. Nobody made half the fuss when John Prescott had this happen.
I don't remember @Colonel Mustard getting upset when Tommy Robinson's goons were assaulting people and publicly urinating in the name of politics, culminating in Laurence Fox, the leader of another 'party' drunkenly crashing into a bus and trying to blame some black kids on it.

But chuck a little milkshake around....

Almost certainly staged anyway.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Assault is assault. As murder is murder. Try going and throwing a milkshake over a police officer and see how quickly you're arrested for assault on an emergency worker.

I'm not angry about it - just think it's sad that the politics has now been reduced to "well he's a far right cvnt so deserves assaulting".

If you take your Twatter feed as a barometer of public feeling then you're more than a little daft.
Politics was reduced to that 20 years ago, when it happened to left wing John Prescott. :shrug:
And I don't take Twitter as a barometer of public feeling, I was just pointing out that the awful right-wing Dan Wooton, Isabel Oakeshott, Miles Gardner, Aaron Banks types couldn't get their tweets out quick enough demanding this "thug" be locked up and so on. And I'm afraid they were very much less on the ball as a group when a sitting MP was murdered. And I'm not going to refrain from saying as much just because that boring idiot @Colonel Mustard might cry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here