Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fair enough ā€¦I just asked out of curiosityā€¦not into throwing things at people .. :)
I'm very pleased to hear it. Personally I think it's a waste of a milkshake although banana isn't my choice.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
There's something very TINPOT about Reform UK Ltd. In what other democratic party could a person proclaim themselves leader and oust the incumbent overnight? They have several thousand members - were they consulted?

The relationship between Farage and Tice reminds me of Delboy and Rodney.
Theyā€™re certainly unconventional but from what I can see, no one seems to mind. Theyā€™re more of a protest vote, a magnet for contrarians, than a normal political party. Should the unthinkable happen, and they get big enough to be the official opposition, or at least have a sizeable presence in parliament, I guess theyā€™d have to change their structure but at the moment it appears not to be an issue.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Speaking of populists, good to see Modi in India not getting what he wanted. Another, with a divisive character

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Sorry but Iā€™m going to be po-faced about this. Regardless of who the person is, we donā€™t physically attack politicians in this country. If you canā€™t see where this leads, youā€™re as thick as any Reform supporter.
Precisely

No way for a civilised country to behave. Imagine if Starmer or Sunak suffered similar, or a more sinister content be administered.

Not quite so 'funny' then.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sorry but Iā€™m going to be po-faced about this. Regardless of who the person is, we donā€™t physically attack politicians in this country. If you canā€™t see where this leads, youā€™re as thick as any Reform supporter.
Inclined to agree, could be something really nasty, also it just fuels Farage's sense of being a victim.

Not surprising though when you spread hate around

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
That looked so staged - the person throwing it - I can't believe for a minute they are the kind of person who feels that strongly they want to milkshake someone. On her own, just waiting calmly, no obvious emotion, then walks up and throws it, then walks away calmly. If that wasn't someone paid to do it, well, I don't buy it. Doesn't mean it was Farage's lot who paid her, but no way was that someone acting on their own volition.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Even to a prat like Farage, I donā€™t want to see that kind of thing in politics. I want boring men and women in sensible clothing debating and stating their positions about policy calmly and professionally.

Whether or not it was staged, a protest, or whatever - I just donā€™t want to see it in British politics.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Precisely

No way for a civilised country to behave. Imagine if Starmer or Sunak suffered similar, or a more sinister content be administered.

Not quite so 'funny' then.
The chances either of them getting ā€˜shakedā€™ is very remote because neither are rabble rousers. Farage is an in your face nasty piece of work so will bring this out of people. To a certain extent he brings it on himself. I take the view that if you act like a narcissistic , racist dickhead, then people are more likely to treat you like one.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The chances either of them getting ā€˜shakedā€™ is very remote because neither are rabble rousers. Farage is an in your face nasty piece of work so will bring this out of people. To a certain extent he brings it on himself. I take the view that if you act like a narcissistic , racist dickhead, then people are more likely to treat you like one.
I see where you are coming from now.
Says a lot.
:facepalm:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
You're the first to engage your brain on the subject before posting.

It's never good that politicians are attacked, even the vile ones should not fear for their safety.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Very dangerous path to go down. ā€œI donā€™t like your politics so Iā€™m going to assault youā€. I personally canā€™t stand Farage and saw through his man of the people schtick immediately first time around, but while you may consider him a ā€œracist dickheadā€, unless he actually breaks the law he is just a politician with a different viewpoint.

You canā€™t go around assaulting people because they think differently to you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here