Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was reported in the Mail, Express, Telegraph & on GBnews

No other news outlet saw fit to mention it, only photographs of a black jacket, with and without a poppy.
I suspect it was the same people who said a work meeting in Durham was a party.
And the grifter mentioned it today.

I'm quite interested when I hear folk on the radio who are clearly not interested in politics, and don't know much about it, but have caught a whiff of something Farage has said and had a lightbulb moment, and are now going to vote for him. It saddens me but it is what it is. We can't 'make' people educate themselves and take an interest in party politics. And, I mat think I'm right but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe a bet of populist blaggery is what the nation needs.

Farage did mention something to day with which I agree. I can't remember what it was, but it was an easy-win issue. You don't enrich yourself by creating a business/party by just coming out with horrible nasty shit. Say some nice things, then map that to the dog whistles (like Muslim-loving remembrance betraying Labour) and you have a viable franchise. The man was purring today.

I'm not sure how Campbell managed to restrain himself. You could tell he was getting close to an 'unprofessional' moment at one point. :lolol:

And it is odd how different we all are. I deplore Farage and hope he loses his deposit. Others, such as old Potty, seem to think Farage is great. Weird. Apparently I have more in common with such people than I have differences. We even both support the same club. Yet sometimes I wonder if we even the same species?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Think Reform will surprise. I can't stand Farage personally.

Just had a depressing client meeting where I was told that normal people are flocking to vote Reform because they are fed up of the ultra woke movement.

They are seeing it everywhere including in schools. Very concerning.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I'd want to ask him to list all the negative things he can about Putin.
I did smile reading a Reform candidate's Statement to Voters that said "I reject the ideology of some evil regimes." I know it's just been worded badly, but I did wonder for a second which evil regimes he doesn't reject the ideology of?

Reactions: SAC

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Id quite like Farage to do a one on one with SKS/Rishi

Could be funny/interesting
Mmmm..... horrible mess.

Farage would win hands down, because he has never been in charge, doesn't have a proper manifesto, can promise anything he likes, and can pick out ever little thing Labour and Tories have ever done that hasn't worked out well and hold it up for mockery.

Just like a pub bore, in fact.

Not for me.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Farage would win hands down, because he has never been in charge, doesn't have a proper manifesto, can promise anything he likes, and can pick out ever little thing Labour and Tories have ever done that hasn't worked out well and hold it up for mockery.
Bit like all of us on here to be fair!😂

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Think Reform will surprise. I can't stand Farage personally.

Just had a depressing client meeting where I was told that normal people are flocking to vote Reform because they are fed up of the ultra woke movement.

They are seeing it everywhere including in schools. Very concerning.
We're in an information war and Farage has army of social media people trying to manipulate people.

Like Trump Farage is an evil genius and like Trump a full on narcissist.

Was surprised only 7% of young voters were said to be voting Reform, for him its low hanging fruit waiting to the groomed.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Farage and left wing/liberal is an oxymoron surely?! As is 'reasonable' !

/1
I said 'present as'. Not 'be. And in terms of presenting himself as the most left wing he can manage, this amounts to accepting the transgender people are fine (one of his supporters is, apparently, transgender) as long as they don't try using the Ladies, and that not all women should get back in the kitchen.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bit like all of us on here to be fair!😂
Indeed :thumbsup:

But I wouldn't put the likes of you or me in charge of anything, though. Would you? :wink:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We're in an information war and Farage has army of social media people trying to manipulate people.

Like Trump Farage is an evil genius and like Trump a full on narcissist.

Was surprised only 7% of young voters were said to be voting Reform, for him its low hanging fruit waiting to the groomed.
I don’t think the youngsters are so easily fooled. They just see a ridiculous old man taking the mickey out of people they went to school with.

It’s the bigoted old people he’s appealing to.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Apparently Reform are polling higher than the Conservatives
Yes latest You Gov poll showed this. Putting aside any political opinion that is remarkable and unprecedented. If you add the Reform and Conservative vote together (and yes I know it's not that simple) you'd end up on 37% according to that poll which is exactly the same as the Labour predicted vote. Really highlights how bad the Tories have failed to allow their core voters to turn their backs on them as they are mostly seeking out a Tory alternative rather than going to Labour. Total and utter cock up. And I wouldn't be surprised if a good proportion of the 19% now saying they will vote for Reform is as a result of Sunak's actions on D-Day. Last straw stuff for a lot of Tories I know.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
And it begins (on R5 now)....

Farage is going to LEAD a centre right coalition! Brace yourselves....

:shootself
He’s pissed enough tories off to make this entertaining. This is when the dirty little secrets start coming home to roast. For every friend he’s made, he’s made an enemy. These little cabals always end up going down the toilet as they don’t trust each other.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don’t think the youngsters are so easily fooled. They just see a ridiculous old man taking the mickey out of people they went to school with.

It’s the bigoted old people he’s appealing to.

I wonder if there’s any traction in a party to kick out people like the interviewee? She doesn’t like black people, I don’t like people like her. Would anyone sign up to my party?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
As a collective term the ultra far right in European politics was known as fascism which then was subdivided into various groupings with the German Nazi probably the most extreme, so evil that no serious political party would ever consider wanting to be associated with the terms fascist, Nazi or Neo Fascist.
So people like Fararge instead now refer to their brand of politics as Populist but make no mistake these are nasty dangerous fascists.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Screenshot 2024-06-14 133844.png

Can anyone read the last entry without hearing and seeing Al Murray's pub landlord ?

As it happens, Mohammed is a top bloke.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Sunak promised to be different when he took over from that clown Johnson. He hasn't been different.
He is the same but all "nicey nicey blokey blokey", and is actually more incompetent/ineffective if that were possible.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yes latest You Gov poll showed this. Putting aside any political opinion that is remarkable and unprecedented. If you add the Reform and Conservative vote together (and yes I know it's not that simple) you'd end up on 37% according to that poll which is exactly the same as the Labour predicted vote. Really highlights how bad the Tories have failed to allow their core voters to turn their backs on them as they are mostly seeking out a Tory alternative rather than going to Labour. Total and utter cock up. And I wouldn't be surprised if a good proportion of the 19% now saying they will vote for Reform is as a result of Sunak's actions on D-Day. Last straw stuff for a lot of Tories I know.
That 37% does leave the remaining 63% supporting left-of-centre parties. Thats where the country is at right now, after years of Tory clusterfucks.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Mmmm..... horrible mess.

Just like a pub bore, in fact.

Not for me.
But what actually is a proper manifesto? I'm not sure they exist anymore. I worry labours manifesto doesn't add up just like everyone else's. I am now wobbling on my vote and may not bother at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here