Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel 'Bushfire' Erskine

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
I wasn`t sure whether to put this on here at first but then thought I should bring to the attention to all Nigel`s many friends on here and at the Albion that he had a stroke at the weekend and is pretty poorly at the moment in Worthing hospital.
He was found saturday tea time at home after collapsing and was rushed straight into hospital. At the moment he is starting to respond to conversation and is uttering a few words (normally telling somewhere to eff off - good old nige) but he has no feeling in his right side. I know that there are so many people who know him and would want to send their best wishes and hope we can get him back fit for Falmer.

Thanks Sid.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
blimey....dreadful news.

Get well really soon Nigel....only a few months to go to Falmer and I am sure you wnat to be there fit and well.

take care
dave

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Bloody Hell! Hope you're back amongst us very soon Nigel. Get well soon.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I just popped in to see him tonight, he's a lot more lively than the other poor devils in his section and, he's pretty lively by Nige's standards but it looks like he might be in there for a while. Mind you, at least his diet is going to improve temporarily....

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Get well soon mate...

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
All the best Nigel. You probably don't remember me, possibly I spoke to you last in the Clifton c.1979. You seem to have acquired a nickname since then; can anyone explain?

Well you can blame Ian Hart for the nickname if memory serves me well but I suppose I will have to admit to turning the gas up on my cigarette lighter and turning it on a naked Nigel on the coach going to Worthing v Oxford in the cup in 82. The rest I think you can workout.

why was he naked ? thats for another day.

Last edited:

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Get well soon mate. Best wishes from sunny Florida. Many happy memories of pre and post match sessions in Chapmans back in the day.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
.....never forget when he was the mascot at the Goldstone and his shorts fell down

Many many people will never forget that. :lol:

That is what being an Albion legend is all about. :bowdown:

We need you up at falmer Nige. Get very very very soon :thumbsup:

deakers

Jul 15, 2008
Get Well Soon Mate.
Erskies shorts dropping during his "Klinsman Dive" in front of the North Stand at Fans United, will always be one of my top Goldstone memories.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
It's been a while since I saw Bushfire around the town. Always remember him dancing in one of those supermarket delivery cages in the middle of the dancefloor during a Gulls Eye bash in Worthing many years ago.

Get well soon Nige.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
He's been around for more years than I care to remember so here's hoping he's up and about to join the promotion party.

All the best, Nige.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Didn't he actually used to wear occasionally a Tesco's bag as a pisstake of our kit?

Get well soon, you Albion legend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here