Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Adkins is a ...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Do you really think our Nigel gives a monkey about what anybody else thinks. He is his own man, not trying to be something he is not. At the moment he is having the problem of not being able to motivate overpaid players who think they are better than they actually are. Which to be honest is very similar to Poyet, who seems to be struggling with a weak squad, players who seem to like being on the injured list so they don't have to put their neck on the line. Stupidly accrued bookings now leaves the Albion in dire straights, are there enough players available to fill the bench ? Both teams are in appalling form at the moment and todays game could go either way. I'm not even certain I want the SAINTS to go up this year, silly as we where so far clear for a while and despite a string of poor results are still 2 points clear. Can you imagine getting thumped in the Premier League every week and having to watch the previously mentioned overpaid twats like Rooney, Balotelli. Maybe a few seasons in the top 8 of the championship would be ok. How's that for being negative. Anyway, lets hope Rickie can get a couple today and Adkins gives a start to David Connoly instead of that cart horse Brazilaian Guly. Come on you reds. But Brighton will always be my second team, and an awful lot of other peoples too. Happy New Year to all

Do you want to go up?

Ask the average Blackpool supporter if they enjoyed themselves last season, of course they did. You remember the good games, the victories against all odds, the David Goliath battles. But it depends on the clubs ambition, look at West Brom, yo yo for a few years until the money stream allows you to compete. Its worth it in the end and enjoy the ride.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
True. But the arrogance and the glasses. Just make you want to hate him. And living somewhere infested with Southampton fans. Also makes you want to hate him.

And the orange face.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
If we was all to be honest gus is far worse:lolol:

I would say Gus is just less experienced at this level. Adkins must have had two or three? full seasons, experiencing relegation when he was less experienced at that level.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I'd rather you all concentrated on generating positve energy to support our depleted weary team, myself.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Do you really think our Nigel gives a monkey about what anybody else thinks. He is his own man, not trying to be something he is not. At the moment he is having the problem of not being able to motivate overpaid players who think they are better than they actually are. Which to be honest is very similar to Poyet, who seems to be struggling with a weak squad, players who seem to like being on the injured list so they don't have to put their neck on the line. Stupidly accrued bookings now leaves the Albion in dire straights, are there enough players available to fill the bench ? Both teams are in appalling form at the moment and todays game could go either way. I'm not even certain I want the SAINTS to go up this year, silly as we where so far clear for a while and despite a string of poor results are still 2 points clear. Can you imagine getting thumped in the Premier League every week and having to watch the previously mentioned overpaid twats like Rooney, Balotelli. Maybe a few seasons in the top 8 of the championship would be ok. How's that for being negative. Anyway, lets hope Rickie can get a couple today and Adkins gives a start to David Connoly instead of that cart horse Brazilaian Guly. Come on you reds. But Brighton will always be my second team, and an awful lot of other peoples too. Happy New Year to all

i'm with u apart from that silly b about players wanting to b on the injury list which i don't believe for one moment

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was fun last season but irrelevant this season. I'd far rather support the team this afternoon. Seagulls.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
PS If you think Guly is a carthorse, my friend, wait till you see OUR second striker (the one without the blonde curly hair).

For some reason saints fans have this opinion that Guly is utter shit. Yet he's the third highest scorer in the league, 6 behind Lambert and has got 8 assists (approx). If a player is coming up with that, how on earth can he be dropped? especially for a player that has about 30 mins game time in 3 months....

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
I would say Gus is just less experienced at this level. Adkins must have had two or three? full seasons, experiencing relegation when he was less experienced at that level.

1 relegation, then kept them up the 2 seasons later. In all that time he spent less money than you did on CMS.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
1 relegation, then kept them up the 2 seasons later. In all that time he spent less money than you did on CMS.

My point was, rather than having a swipe at Adkins, was more to underline GP's inexperience at manager level.
There's no doubt that NA is more experienced which = better at this stage in their careers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here