Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Adkins is a prick

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
He was an irritating tw*t when he was trying to keep up and he remains an irritating tw*t.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
These notions of us about to implode and poor away form are way off the mark.

Yes, we lost to a Bristol City team who are in a very false position. They went to Upton park and got a draw, are West Ham about to implode?
We then had Hull come down midweek, went behind to a sloppy goal, but came back and won in the second half, surely a team about to implode couldn't do this?
Then we have Donny, a somewhat disfunctional team. We bossed them but had no cutting edge. They have premier league players and an inspired moment got them a goal.
Next we have three home games coming up in our next four. We win those 3, that's 51 points before January, a massive improvement on 12 months ago.

Our away form of late hasn't been great, obviously losing our last two, but we've picked up three draws and three wins from our 10 games. Don't they say win your home and draw away to get promotion? at this moment in time, we're bettering that.

I am not at all concerned about our form at the moment and should we get to January with our home form intact then I believe we will make astute signings and push on.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He cant seem to help himself, he just comes across as an arse all the time. Theres so much David Brent about him. Fans of other clubs are noticing it now, not just us.

When he was looking at houses to rent in the Southampton area he actually asked the agent if there were any other famous people or celebrities living in the place he was looking. Twat.

Please god, let this be true. That's absolutely fantastic. What was the area? I'm also wondering exactly which local Southampton celebrities the over-promoted physio who looks like an over-promoted photocopier salesman was aspiring to rub shoulders with? Are there any?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Please god, let this be true. That's absolutely fantastic. What was the area? I'm also wondering exactly which local Southampton celebrities the over-promoted physio who looks like an over-promoted photocopier salesman was aspiring to rub shoulders with? Are there any?

craigdavidboselecta.jpg

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
With home form like that, and 21 home wins in a row is just incredible, he can afford patchy away form.

...and they've lost the same number of games away as we have.

...and have a better goal difference away from home than we do.

(Although our record of 4-2-4 is a touch better than their 3-3-4 right now)

Our away form is good for a play-off chasing team, their away form is below par for a top of the table team. But their home record - wow. What's most surprising is that there are a lot of average to poor home records in this division - other than saints only Cardiff could be said to have a home fortress with a 6-2-1 record (damn we were good that night) and Birmingham with 5-3-0, followed by Blackpool and Pompey with 6-2-2 records

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

OK, so he's got a famous-10-years-ago crooner and...erm...Matt Le Tissier? Fred Dinage? Do these people all live near each other?

That's the title of his autobiography sorted anyway: "Keeping Up With The Dinages Next Door"

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Can we please FORGET about him. They are NOT our rivals and will NEVER be :facepalm:

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I know for a FACT Poyet hates him. When he comes to The Amex, unfortunately we will have lost the keys for all the away the facilities apart from the changing room :lol:

and Saints fans hate Poyet. Funny that, hating opposing teams managers. Get over him FFS.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've just watched his interview and I can't see a lot wrong with it :shrug:

He says the top team should beat the bottom team- he's absolutely right, there's nothing arrogant or offensive about that. He even qualified that comment with "but that's football". And when he let the facade slip slightly with the remark about an "aimless" long ball, he very quickly corrected it, presumably to avoid accusations of being derogatory towards Doncaster. If he was deliberately being a prick, he'd have left it as it came out.

Come on, he's made some hilariously twattish comments in the past (so has Poyet, who is equally as bad a loser- presumably that's what makes them both winners), but let's not over-analyse every nuance of everything that comes out of his mouth as if he's some kind of uber-villain.

For my money, the bloke is a very good man-manager, who pays an awful lot of attention to the psychological side of the game. I suspect most of his comments, about all areas of the game, are designed purely to (a) build his players' confidence and (b) deflect any pressure away from them and on to him.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I think Blackpool are the sort of team that may well end SCC's tremendous home record next Saturday and Ian Holloway is 100 times a nicer chap than Nigel Adkins will ever be.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You see, now I find Ian Holloway irritating, a lot of his apparently spontaneous witticisms sound a bit too rehearsed to me, and he plays up the whole bumpkin image to his advantage. In my opinion.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If i was a mod i would have deleted this thread. I DO NOT GIVE A FLYING f*** ABOUT NIGEL. THE ONLY NIGELS WE NEED TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT IS PALACE.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Look at him. Don't you just want to punch his f***ing greasy, gerbil-like face in.

Just set his hair alight and then beat it out with a cricket bat!

And we'll have fun, fun, fun................

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Nigel Adkins is a prick !!!

Can you tell us something we don't already know ?????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here