Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicolas

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Argus

I may have missed it but I thought he chose to leave, I didn't realise he wasn't offered a new contract. Must admit to being suprised.

Apologies if fixtures, ringtones etc etc

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
He was never ever going to stay, I presume Nicholas would have been offered first and when he declined we offered to chippy.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
He was never ever going to stay, I presume Nicholas would have been offered first and when he declined we offered to chippy.

Not from the Argus report, he wasn't even offered one, which was the point of the thread!!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
One massive f*** up by MM. His treatment of Nicolas is the one thing that really makes me question him. If he is unable to utalise a player like that then he has serious problems. Instead of looking forward to seeing Nicolas next season I have now got to put up with Chippy or Oatway playing shit and still getting in week in week out. Bollocks.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
I am sure this quote could be read into;

"You never know, one day I might return to the club under different circumstances."

Can it? A few players say that when they leave clubs.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
I am sure this quote could be read into;

"You never know, one day I might return to the club under different circumstances."

1) McGhee leaves and Deano takes over
2)McGhee has told him he'll get back to him if he can't fix himslef up and Albion can't find anyone better before the season starts
3)He wants to manage us in the future
4) He's gonna open a chippy at Falmer with his Dad

are my guesses :lol:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
1) McGhee leaves and Deano takes over
2)McGhee has told him he'll get back to him if he can't fix himslef up and Albion can't find anyone better before the season starts
3)He wants to manage us in the future
4) He's gonna open a chippy at Falmer with his Dad

are my guesses :lol:

Well I would guess there is no chance of him being signed as for central midfield is cover (whether well or not) by Oatway, Carpenter, Hammond, Reid, Chamberlain and Fraser.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
Did you not realise that our season fell apart when he got injured?

exactly

if anyone should have gone, it HAD to be carpenter

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:

A big assumption there... the alternative would be MM / DK staying loyal to a player who is evidently over the hill (Chippy), and offering him the contract over Nicolas... another possibility would be to offer neither of them a contract and explore the market... I think the worst possible decision was made... just my opinion, of course...

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
Still think its a case of keep the players on that will back him if it comes down to sacking him.

That rim jaw is about the most intelligent thing I have heard you say.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Still think its a case of keep the players on that will back him if it comes down to sacking him.

So apart from being clueles, he is now building a team based on whether the players will back him if he's sacked, rather than players to take us back up? That is a conspiracy theory and a half

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here