Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicolas

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Often mentioned but never explored, why does MM never pick him? Does anyone have a hypothesis, inside knowledge or idea as to why?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I've always been a fan of Nicolas and would have liked to see him involved. I get the impression McGhee likes taller players in the center with the two leightweights on the wings. Carole/Reid/Nicolas/Fruity for example would be a bit light weight.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think he would work in a midfield three like we played yesterday. Imagine a midfield of Reid - Nicolas - Hammond for next year.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Les Biehn said:
I think he would work in a midfield three like we played yesterday. Imagine a midfield of Reid - Nicolas - Hammond for next year.

Thats top draw, although charlie and chippy will be both given new deals me thinks so itll be a two or three made up of hammond, charlie or chippy....:D

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Nicolas will be gone and the two 33 year olds will get new deals. Oh well.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Kinky Gerbils said:
It seems even odder if you recall that Mcghee was begging for he money o sign Nicolas

Indeed, and it wasnt just us who were interested in him. He's gone from a very highly thought of player in the championship to a player that cant even get on our bench, baffling.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I've seen moments when he looks like he could be our best centre midfielder but I just don't get MM's problem. Nicolas even came out in the press saying he was happy to fight for a place and will really try to get into the team.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I have watched Nicolas in the reserves and don't think he is any better than Hammond imo.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If he had looked good in training then I'm sure he would be in the team.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
few times i have seen him this season he was been poor - would not be suprised to see him go

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Uncle Buck said:
Expect Fraser to force his way in.

Or Wes Fogden. I agree Fraser is a great young player.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I would like to see the trio I mentioned earlier with Fraser, Chamberlain and Mayo as back up.

caz

Aug 10, 2005
Yorkie said:
I have watched Nicolas in the reserves and don't think he is any better than Hammond imo.

Change the record, every web site I read is Yorkie saying
"I have watched Nicolas in the reserves and don't think he is good enough or not better than Hammond, Oatway or even Carpenter" Well I have seen Nicolas play in Chealsea Reserves and Chelsea's 1st team with great players and yes Yorkie, he is better than all our midfield. Looks like Mcghee has got a problem with him. Ask your connections.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
caz said:
Change the record, every web site I read is Yorkie saying
"I have watched Nicolas in the reserves and don't think he is good enough or not better than Hammond, Oatway or even Carpenter" Well I have seen Nicolas play in Chealsea Reserves and Chelsea's 1st team with great players and yes Yorkie, he is better than all our midfield. Looks like Mcghee has got a problem with him. Ask your connections.

So she's not allowed her opinion then? ???

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I like Nicholas, I think he should be given a chance in the middle of our midfield instead of chippy. Always give 110%, always looking for the simple ball. Never holding on to the ball for to long, loves to get stuck in.

I wonder why MM doesn't pick him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here