Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nicolás González

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Still, there’s always at least one really fit bridesmaid who tends to get some action under the pop up bar at around 1:30am.

1473260978-onlyfools.gif

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Most clubs in prem are bigger/pay more. Spain and Italy will often win due to lifestyle / climate etc.

Head to head with a foreign country then we do have a chance with the lure of the prem but if you then chuck in another prem side and chances are we will miss out.

Natural pecking order unfortunately . Something you think wont be the case before we got here.

Means we are very much in the punt territory

Tricky but have to keep trying and hope something comes off.

Prefer the intent of this one though as Bundesliga decent punt.

I imagine we will end up with a dutch / swiss punt again.

Hold the nerve

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm not too sure how I feel about this one. He seems like competition for a wider role with AJ, Trossard, Tau et al which could be an indication of how Potter intends to set up a formation for most matches. I personally would rather see a CF who can hold up the ball and will run in behind but maybe Andone will fulfil that sort of position

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
I'm not too sure how I feel about this one. He seems like competition for a wider role with AJ, Trossard, Tau et al which could be an indication of how Potter intends to set up a formation for most matches. I personally would rather see a CF who can hold up the ball and will run in behind but maybe Andone will fulfil that sort of position

I would like to see Andone given another chance may turn out OK. May not but worth giving him game time.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
This is probably a controversial view, and I may get shot down, but I'm wondering if the Premier League is starting to lose its shine for players from other countries. It has struck me in the European games just how few current Premier League players there are in some of the teams. Sure, you've got Belgium and Spain who do have a number of PL players, but a good number have left too: Courtois, who never really wanted to be here, Lukaku, Vertonghen, who I think left Tottenham for Benfica at the same time as Nunez, Wijnaldum, who has left Liverpool for Paris St Germain, a number of Dutch players who used to play for Manchester United, and of course Aguerro. Wijnaldum is a particular loss for the PL. I wonder if our inability to get these deals over the line is a symptom of this.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The 4th player GP has personally scouted/wanted and hasn’t got apparently.

Room for crucifying him when he has to go with “happy with what I’ve got” though, and the players fail to deliver the multitude of opportunities made. Always a silver lining :wink:

No new strikers/goal scorers means progress will not happen….

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Room for crucifying him when he has to go with “happy with what I’ve got” though, and the players fail to deliver the multitude of opportunities made. Always a silver lining :wink:

No new strikers/goal scorers means progress will not happen….
Back to free agent list it is then :down:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Back to free agent list it is then :down:

Bit early to call that but history does seem to be repeating itself…how long will GP be willing to continue if so, if better funded teams do come in for him (you can go ahead and laugh now :lolol:)

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I see the priority being CF, LB, WF, GK but not much else. I'd also be delighted with two quality signings in those positions and then a handful of U20's for the future

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
This is probably a controversial view, and I may get shot down, but I'm wondering if the Premier League is starting to lose its shine for players from other countries. It has struck me in the European games just how few current Premier League players there are in some of the teams. Sure, you've got Belgium and Spain who do have a number of PL players, but a good number have left too: Courtois, who never really wanted to be here, Lukaku, Vertonghen, who I think left Tottenham for Benfica at the same time as Nunez, Wijnaldum, who has left Liverpool for Paris St Germain, a number of Dutch players who used to play for Manchester United, and of course Aguerro. Wijnaldum is a particular loss for the PL. I wonder if our inability to get these deals over the line is a symptom of this.

This isnt in any way linked to the players above you mention or any losing of status for the PL imho.

Courtois went to Real Madrid, a massive club who pay mega money.
Lukaku wasnt wanted by Man U and was effectively binned off, rumours are though that Chelsea may come back in for him.
Vertonghen was on the wane and has moved to a much inferior league, I guess has more chance of first team football in a better climate.
Nunez is a young fella and imho chose Benfica over Brighton not Portuguese league over PL, european football and a team fighting for domestic honours over a relegation scrap in wet and windy English winter.
This was quoted of Wijnaldum in the press "Klopp confirmed Georginio Wijnaldum will leave Liverpool when his contract expires this summer, and the midfielder added: “I'm fighting against tears right now. The people in Liverpool have shown me love during the five years. I hoped to have played many more years for the club but unfortunately things went different." So that has nothing to do with the PL and everything to do with contracts offers.
Aguerro I'm sure wouldve stayed at Citeh if pep wanted him or played him, he did neither so he left as he was surplus to requirements.

I dont think there is a single player there who chose another league over the PL. It is still one of the top 2 with Spain

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
hey ho, so we didnt get this one over the line for whetever reason, still im delighted we are showing early and strong intent on getting a forward player, or any player for that matter in :)

Seems like deja vue again. Agree a price then it falters

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

I don't think it's lost it's appeal. I think its not just the best league in the world but the best league of all time. Not only that, its the richest league in the world, and let's be honest that's what motivates the players.

I still think the Premier League is the most attractive to players around the world, because its the best and pays the most.

Having said that players like Lukaku and Wijnaldum who have already earned a fortune here, could go join one of the biggest clubs in Italy, Spain or France, still get paid a fortune and probably find it slightly easier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here