Votes: 20 10.0%
  • Fence

Votes: 34 16.9%

• Total voters

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I'm concerned that Reading released Shorey a full 2 weeks before they signed Bridge. This suggests they thought Shorey wouldn't be good enough for a promotion push in the Championship well before they knew they had a chance of getting Wayne.

I would feel underwhelmed with swapping Bridge for Shorey.

Who's to say they hadn't already agreed Bridge 2 weeks earlier? Shorey was already their 2nd choice too. Reading have the money and they have a better squad, we need experience and cheap players to fill gaps.

Underwelmed maybe but it makes sense as we only have an unproven youngster!

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Nicky Shorey? If he is anything other than back up, we are looking to avoid relegation next season by the looks of it. He is no better than Marcos Painter.

How do you work that one out ? Shorey has consistently played at a higher level than Painter, several years in the Premiership and a couple of England caps. Maybe not the player he once was and has suffered injury problems, but in a different class to Painter at his best.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Nicky Shorey? If he is anything other than back up, we are looking to avoid relegation next season by the looks of it. He is no better than Marcos Painter.

Yeah a bloke that has made 176 premier league appearances and has a couple of England caps is no better than the bloke who couldn't get into our team last season.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
You will need to remind us all when Painter won his England caps.

He's Irish technically, and isn't 36.

I honestly cannot believe the people claiming this would be a decent signing in this thread. If he is our first choice LB next season we are completely doomed. But apparently people on here rate him, so fair enough. We'll see what happens if he does end up joining us eh?

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Would you be happy with him as our new left back?

Yes defo. Played in the premier league for years, good experienced pro not as good as Bridge but far less injury prone. I gather there are other left backs being watched and this is only a trial for a few weeks

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Yes, I know we had Bridge and what a privilege to see him play for us. But it was unrealistic we were going to sign him. Shorey has experience, and if we can get him to mentor Masimenko even better. We need an experienced LB at the moment, he sounds like he'll do a job.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Each time we get linked with one of these 'older' players from the premier league a lot of people seem to think they are past it. He's not long turned 32 so he's younger than Upson and Bridge, he has spent the vast majority of his career playing in the top flight, how can this be a bad signing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here