Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicky Maynard next..

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
After the comments that we would break our transfer record again in the next few days, how about Maynard, would potentially be a lethal partnership, with the new boy.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Would be an amazing signing, I would normally say NO WAY but after today's events, never say never!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I don't think so, Gus said he wanted 5 strikers, and that's what he's got now!

CMS
Berkamp
Hoskins
Barnes
Agdestein

Midfielders next I reckon...

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
lansbury_henri0607.jpg

come on down.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I've only just seen the fantastic news about CMS so can i ask the fee if known? If its the 3m as being guessed i wouldnt put Maynard in that bracket personally and i reckon the next signing will be a top midfielder myself (gut feeling)

£2.5 rising to £3.25 with add-ons. Maynard would cost more than that though, trust me.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Maynard is totally out of our league. I know we all said this about CMS, but he was an amazing League 1 striker, Maynard has shown he is comfortably in the top 3 championship strikers IMO, a different level. Would cost 4 million plus taking into account the prices of other players.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I think we should now go for Wesley Sneider or Bastien Schweinsteiger!!! GET ON IT LARGE!!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Oh and Backline Reinforcements with Vidic and Maicon as our fringe squad players to come on at times of Need!!!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Must have missed something with Maynard, heard of him but never seen play and not heard anything special except lots of interest this window. He's that good?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I don't think so, Gus said he wanted 5 strikers, and that's what he's got now!

CMS
Berkamp
Hoskins
Barnes
Agdestein

Midfielders next I reckon...

yup.

LuaLua aside I think we will get in 2 central midfielders, one of them from the premier league, and three defenders. A couple of those may well be on loan IMO

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Must have missed something with Maynard, heard of him but never seen play and not heard anything special except lots of interest this window. He's that good?

Class player, injured most of last season but averaged 1 in 2, and the season before that bagged 20 goals in the Championship. He's on a whole new level to CMS, and if Bristol City keep him and Pittman fit they'll be a threat next season.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We have got pacey attack in abundance now. From midfield through to strikers. I would imagine Gus will now turn his attentions to bolstering up the defence and possibly getting in an experienced central midfielder. I think most agree we are looking for possibly 3-5 new players before the start of the season and I would suggest these are the kind of buys the gaffer will probably be looking at.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here