Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicky Forster

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Opinions seeked from BHA people....

As you might know (and probably don't care about), he has been one of our best and most influential players in the last few years. He's been off the boil over the period that all that players have been awful, and hasn't been offered a new deal yet.

The fans are torn between whether he's worth a new one or not. He's 31, and has lost a little bit of pace, but still possesses more than most in this division.

What did you reckon from last night's showing? Granted his goal wasn't pretty (and arguably not legitimate), but how about overall contribution? It'd be interesting to get an outside-RFC point of view...

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
I would love to have him in our squad, has proved at all his clubs that he knows where the goal is, showed some nice touches and looked far more dangerous than Morgan.

It was so inevitable that he would score last night though.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It'll come down to the thing we don't have much of, money. I player of Forsters age will be looking for one last lucrative score and I think that puts us out of the picture.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
He wasn't great but nor was anyone on the pitch last night. and at any rate he hasn't been playing regularly recently so he can't be expected to be at full whack.

I would gladly have him at Brighton if you don't want him anymore.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He's okay. But don't expect a cogent, rational reply when we've lost a vital game to a winner from a bloke that wasn't even scheduled to be on the bench, comes on and within five minutes has scored what proves to be the winner with both a handball and a lucky ricochet.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I like him, he gets amonst it but has some skill, with Knight out wide our strikers, big mac, virgo and mcphee pocess alot of running down and chasing but no real flair

he did alright. he was the difference betweed a win and a draw for reading last night. as soon as he came o they became more dangerous going forward and after three forced substitutions we were like a boxer stuck on the ropes trying to stay upright in the hope that we get lucky.

He's class - way better than anything we've got. He was the gamebreaker yesterday, we were coping with Kitson and Morgan reasonably comfortably but when he came on his pace and awareness caught us cold. He's scored against us twice this season and he's handballed on both those occasions for the goals, so he's a fecking lucky twat too :rolleyes:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
hes a cheat

Looks like he's staying at the MadStad although we now know that he could be interested in a longer deal.............

Forster set to stay on at Reading

Forster says he wants to stay at Reading
Reading have moved to end the speculation over Nicky Forster's future by confirming he will stay at the club until the end of the season.
The Royals have also told the 31-year-old he will be offered at least a one-year extension in the summer.

"Obviously I'd like it to be more than that, but I know I have the chance of earning a longer deal," said Forster.

"Now I am just looking forward to concentrating on the football and trying to help the club get promoted."

Forster, who has scored 65 goals for the Royals since joining in 1999, had been linked with a move away from the club.

"(Manager) Steve Coppell has been consistent throughout in saying that we cannot make any guarantees over Nicky Forster's long-term future, and that is still the case," said Reading director of football Nick Hammond

"However, in fairness to the player we have come to a compromise agreement by confirming that he will be offered at least a one-year extension.

"This has been an unsettling period for Fozzy but his attitude and application have been first-class throughout.

"He remains a very important member of our squad and he has a central role to play in the closing stages of the season, and we will address his longer-term future at that stage."

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
Despite my loathing of the Biscuitmen of old I have to say that he is a good player and like Cureton may well be sold.

If you are losing £1m this year then will they pay his wages at his age? If he takes a drop then they'll keep him otherwise he will be off to somewhere like QPR.

If we could afford him then I'd have him.

Not his fault the only goal was handball as the ref had a good view. But then again the ref had a good view of most things and missed them on Monday night.

Still, hope I can give him some stick again next season. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here