Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicky Forster

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Forster, has been trouble since the Wilkins days, behind the sences. Thought he was a big fish in a small pond, and was allowed to get away with it.....That was untill Poyet arrived, then he was put in his place......source???...dont ask, im not a grass!!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Forster, has been trouble since the Wilkins days, behind the sences. Thought he was a big fish in a small pond, and was allowed to get away with it.....That was untill Poyet arrived, then he was put in his place......source???...dont ask, im not a grass!!

This is consistent with what I've heard...was allegedly one of the main culprits of Slades downfall.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I thought the idea of Forster going to Charlton was that he was going to be offerered a coaching role within the club.

It looks like he won't be staying at Charlton and i'm sure Brighton won't renew his deal. I think he has intrest from Brentford and Wyecombe, do these moves sound possible?

A coaching role at Charlton? That was never on the cards. We had an injury crisis with strikers (only two fit ones at the point we took Forster) hence taking him to the end of the season. Don't think anyone expected it to be anything more than an emergency stopgap move. Personally, I wouldn't mind hanging onto him if he'd agree a one-year contract, but I very much doubt we can afford his wages (we need to slash our wage bill in half just to keep our annual losses remotely in check).

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
A coaching role at Charlton? That was never on the cards. We had an injury crisis with strikers (only two fit ones at the point we took Forster) hence taking him to the end of the season. Don't think anyone expected it to be anything more than an emergency stopgap move. Personally, I wouldn't mind hanging onto him if he'd agree a one-year contract, but I very much doubt we can afford his wages (we need to slash our wage bill in half just to keep our annual losses remotely in check).

Yet you've just signed Sodje...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think the ideal job for NF is player/manager at Barnet. He wil learn the management ropes and could play as and when needed with no problems. He could still live in Lingfield with no trouble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here