Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nicky forster puts in transfer request

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We are in a relegation fight and, right now, I couldn't give a f*** about next season. The priority is to get enough points to stay up this season.

I'm angry at the club for not identifying Forster as a key player and locking him in for another year prior to the transfer window opening. By not inking his signature we could lose our most consistent forward. 50 goals in 116 apps for £75K has to be one of the best 10 signings this club has ever made, AND he's a good ambassador for the club.

I'm sure there ARE 2 sides to this story but what are the club doing? Bloom, Brown and Poyet should have identified the core players when Poyet joined and ensured they would be stable and committed to the end of the season. It's all very well casting the net and bringing in new players but it appears to have been done to the exclusion of locking in those out of contract in the summer that should remain here.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We are in a relegation fight and, right now, I couldn't give a f*** about next season. The priority is to get enough points to stay up this season.

I'm angry at the club for not identifying Forster as a key player and locking him in for another year prior to the transfer window opening. By not inking his signature we could lose our most consistent forward. 50 goals in 116 apps for £75K has to be one of the best 10 signings this club has ever made, AND he's a good ambassador for the club.

I'm sure there ARE 2 sides to this story but what are the club doing? Bloom, Brown and Poyet should have identified the core players when Poyet joined and ensured they would be stable and committed to the end of the season. It's all very well casting the net and bringing in new players but it appears to have been done to the exclusion of locking in those out of contract in the summer that should remain here.

Never mind though - at least we've signed up El Abd.

:(

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
It makes even less sense now Brown has come out saying they know nothing?

I can only assume now that Forster has asked a few times for a new contract and the club are sweeping it a side until later in the season. Forster is thus getting itchy feet and has come out with this.

If this is the case, then I am a bit p*ssed off with Forster and the club... neither very professional.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Same sort of dispute that went on with Andy Whing last year, at lot of the players
are unhappy that contracts are not sorted out till the end of the season.
But then Al-Bad is given a contract and he's shit, is Poyet really the Manager we hope
he is going to be. Forster had a great season and should be rewarded with a 2 year deal.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Today must be captains day.....Forster is well within his rights,but as a captain well......he is helping himself not our team (his team )......IMO an unprofessional move from a very professional person.

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
1. forster or any other player would not hand in a request; most can't write in all probability
2. HIS AGENT is just letting it be known that he is available rather than waiting for the general release of players throughout this Division at the end of the season
3. a few more goals will help get some offers in before end of season
4. he leads the number of offsides in the division by a mile
5. show him RESPECT; a great servant if we don't keep him next year

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
lets be honest, what the f*** has ken brown actually done since coming into the club? forster might well join the list of players that have left the club due to the senior management showing very little ambition to keep them - hammond, savage et all

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I agree with CJD that, despite his goal at Villa, Forster has probably played his poorest games for us in the last few weeks. He has always gone through quiet patches goal scoring wise but still been a threat, he's done neither in recent weeks to be honest. Absolutely gutted about the transfer request though, talk about a bolt out of the blue.

Is perhaps uncertainty about his future to blame for his dip in form?

i read, you still talking nonsence. it wasnt aimed specifically at you though, but others who have made the irrelevent link between two different players contracts. theres no reason for El-Abd to come in to this this debate.

But it's not irrelevant. Especially given Ken Brown's comments.

Firstly - Gus Poyet has talked about reducing the size of his squad. Every time someone signs, that's one less potential slot. With spaces in the squad limited, the club has to prioritise. And the fans will discuss this too, and will discuss what they think the club's priorities should be.
Secondly - Brown has stated that the club hasn't started offering contracts, clearly with El Abd, they have, to point to Brown's mistake we have to bring up El Abd's contract.
Thirdly - Related to the second point, how does that make Forster feel? The club are willing to deal with some guy who is a utility player, no real speciality, but decent enough in a number of roles. He isn't even the club captain. Meanwhile, Forster, a senior member of the squad, a supposed leader of the boys, is being made to wait with the rest of them.

Discussing the specific terms are not necessarily relevant, but the fact El Abd has been offered a contract is entirely relevant.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
sounds like a big flounce to me to try and pump his own tyres up for a move away because he doesn't like the fact he's now competing with 3 others for a spot alongside the obvious first choice striker Murray.
I'll be waiting to see what actually happens safe in the knowledge that nothing i say will affect the outcome anyway.
I'd be playing the new kid at Orient with Murray.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
1. forster or any other player would not hand in a request; most can't write in all probability

A harsh statement from some who doesn't appear to understand the purpose of capital letters.:p I rate Forster and think he is one of our best players, so IMO we should offer him another year now. Age doesn't matter and it is good to have his level of experience in the team.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Forster is a magnificent player who is still has bags of pace and a sharp eye for goal even at his age. The club's treatment of him has been disgraceful. Firstly, why was he stripped of the captaincy as he looked a natural at it? And for the club not to have even discussed his future after everything he has given us (goals, commitment, pragmatic and approproate comment when interviewed - fantastic ambassador) is inexcusable. Ken Brown or whoever is responsible should hang their heads in shame. He has let it be known he is available for transfer as he wants his future sorted and who can blame him?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Forster is a magnificent player who is still has bags of pace and a sharp eye for goal even at his age. The club's treatment of him has been disgraceful. Firstly, why was he stripped of the captaincy as he looked a natural at it? And for the club not to have even discussed his future after everything he has given us (goals, commitment, pragmatic and approproate comment when interviewed - fantastic ambassador) is inexcusable. Ken Brown or whoever is responsible should hang their heads in shame. He has let it be known he is available for transfer as he wants his future sorted and who can blame him?

I agree entirely and the club should give him the respect he deserves now and offer him a contract.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I suspect Nicky wants 2 years and that is a more tricky call for the club - although one I think we should make.
The problem as many of you have pointed out is why offer ElAbd a deal and not anybody else - Brown's statement is wrong as is often the guy himself.
I would definitely play Nicky today in fact I am tempted to back him to score, he is a competitive so-and-so and will want to prove the point.
PG

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I hope Nicky does score (twice) to prove a point and satisfy my score prediction of a 2-1win for us.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Perhaps a few chants of 'sign him up' today would give the board an indication of where we stand on the issue?

I suspect that if the club had treated ALL the players whose contracts were up in the summer consistently that this issue would not have arisen.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why is Ken Brown getting all the flack over this he only made the statement on behalf of the club. The decision on whether he figures in the plans for the future rest with Gus Poyet who may or may not have made a decision. He has said that Holdroyd is one for the future perhaps he wants to see how he shapes up before making a decisioin on whether to offer Forster a new contract or not.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Why is Ken Brown getting all the flack over this he only made the statement on behalf of the club. The decision on whether he figures in the plans for the future rest with Gus Poyet who may or may not have made a decision. He has said that Holdroyd is one for the future perhaps he wants to see how he shapes up before making a decisioin on whether to offer Forster a new contract or not.

I'm with you on this one BG, I like Fozzie, don't get me wrong, but him quoting something in the argus that the club hadn't even confirmed and have now DENIED is not the work of a captain, I can understand his actions to a point because at the end of the day, he has a family and he needss stability at his age but I think the way in which he did it was quite poor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here