Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nicky forster puts in transfer request

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Anybody remember this from earlier in the year:

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/argusgeneralsportsnews/4828615.Forster_wants_new_deal/[/URL]

Seems he has given the club notice that he wants a new contract and we just haven't acted on it. You can't blame him when he has a family to support and at the moment wont have a job after May.

I don't know why we wouldnt be offering our top goal scorer a new contract especially when he talks about being at the club after he has finished playing.

you seem to be reading an awful lot into one news item on sky. How do you know he hasn't been offered anything, it could be he wants a bit more, either money or coaching role.

Worrying thing is, the article says there are NINE players out of contract in the summer. Anybody know who else that is??

[
I really hope we don't lose him, I don't think he'll struggle to find another club tho....

Every year this comes up. In a club our size, we are always going to have about that amount of players out of contract each year. Squad of about 25-30 and they are all on 2 or 3 year contracts. Work it out. Doesn't mean the club are not dealing with the issues. El Abd has just signed and expect more to soon or they will be told they are not wanted, such as Livermore.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Why are people going on about his age, it is totally irrelevant. He is our top scorer regardless of his age, one of the top scorers in our league, he will probably be our top scorer next year if he is still with us.

But of course we could get someone younger that doesn't score too many, like Dickinson, Davies, Dixon, or a whole long list I'm sure yuo can think of.

GET OVER HIS AGE, when you are scoring goals what does it matter, he is a natural

zego

Jul 10, 2003
SKy Sports just now, only reference to Nicky Forster that I could find:

www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_5823500,00.html

---------------------------------------------------
Forster wants Seagulls deal.

Striker keen to find out if he has a future at the Withdean Stadium

Last updated: 2nd January 2010

Brighton & Hove Albion captain Nicky Forster is hoping to be offered a new contract to stay at the club next season.

Forster's current deal expires at the end of the campaign and the 36-year-old is waiting for possible talks regarding an extension.

The striker is the Seagulls' leading scorer this season and admits his goals could help to secure another club if he is not offered terms to stay at the Withdean Stadium.

"I'm up at the end of the season contract wise, so I don't know where I shall be," Forster told The Argus. "It's also a good advert for me if I am not wanted here.

"The club, I think it is fair to say, leave contract negotiations fairly late. As of this moment in time, nothing has been said to any of the players as far as I am aware.

"I, like others, have got to look to my future and see what I am going to do. With my age I am not 100% sure what I am going to do, whether I will retire or look for another club.

"But at the moment I am enjoying football and enjoying scoring, so I think I have still got something to offer playing wise. My intention at the moment is to keep playing.

"Nothing has been spoken about here, so at some stage I am going to have to look and see what my options are.

"I want to stay. I enjoy the club, I like it here, but I am no different to anyone else. I have a family to support and I need to be earning."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't see anything except this on Sky - old news, isn't it? Just looking for a new contract.

Nothing I've seen since then at Walsall/Villa/Stockport gave any sign of not putting everything possible into his effort for the team.

Maybe just jogging management elbows, or even doing a favour. If no new contract then presumably available elswhere for free. What good would that be to us?

Plenty of good football and motivation left in him, and has always given good value for money in the games I have seen him play since he arrived.

VeronaSeagull

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
By Andy Naylor »

Albion's top scorer Nicky Forster has been placed on the transfer list by mutual consent.

Forster, 36, is out of contract in the summer and has yet to be offered a new deal.

He said: "It has been mutually agreed that I have been placed on the transfer list, due to the fact there is no contract in the offing.

"From a personal point of view it is with great regret that this outcome has been reached, as I have enjoyed my time with Brighton and would have liked nothing more than to extend my stay."

Forster has scored 15 goals in 30 games this season and 50 in 116 appearances in total for Albion since a £75,000 move from Hull in June 2007.

Forster on the transfer list From The Argus)

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
What terrible timing for this shit storm to hit. However, Glenn Murray handed a transfer request in 2 windows ago and he's still with us so hopefully the situation can be resolved.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We're not even offering him a contract? What? That's mental. He's worth another 2 years. I can only assume Gus has been promised some serious transfer clout in the summer but even so, Forster is worth keeping around even if he's not going to be first choice - he's still our best striker! Plus there's the fact we quite need him now. This season.

sake.

:facepalm:

VeronaSeagull

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Most ridiculous news out of the club in a long long time! One can only think that Poyet already has a new strike force lined up for next season with some serious cash to spend.....but that begs the question as to why Holroyd was signed

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
OK, so if that Argus story is anything to go by...

Gus Poyet doesn't see Forster as a long-term solution, and appears to be saying the latter is not going to be offered a new contract in the summer. Fine, that's Poyet's prerogative, and we can agree or disagree about that decision until the cows come home.

What I still don't get from that direct quote from Forster is WHY he needs to go on the transfer list. Surely he just plays out his contract and finds a new club in the summer? What purpose is there in going on the transfer list?

:shrug:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Can't blame him really. He's been here long enough to know how terrible we are at sorting contracts. It's only a job, I would do the same thing if I was him.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
By Andy Naylor »

Albion's top scorer Nicky Forster has been placed on the transfer list by mutual consent.

Forster, 36, is out of contract in the summer and has yet to be offered a new deal.

He said: "It has been mutually agreed that I have been placed on the transfer list, due to the fact there is no contract in the offing.

"From a personal point of view it is with great regret that this outcome has been reached, as I have enjoyed my time with Brighton and would have liked nothing more than to extend my stay."

Forster has scored 15 goals in 30 games this season and 50 in 116 appearances in total for Albion since a £75,000 move from Hull in June 2007.

:( Give him another year.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What terrible timing for this shit storm to hit. However, Glenn Murray handed a transfer request in 2 windows ago and he's still with us so hopefully the situation can be resolved.

Small differences.

One, Murray spent much of that time injured - i.e. a liability. Two, the club REALLY wanted him to stay. Three, if anyone did come in for him and Glenn wanted to go, the club wanted a stinking ton of cash for him. The sort of money clubs were not prepared to offer, especially in light of that first point.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Gus Poyet doesn't see Forster as a long-term solution, and appears to be saying the latter is not going to be offered a new contract in the summer. Fine, that's Poyet's prerogative, and we can agree or disagree about that decision until the cows come home.

What I still don't get from that direct quote from Forster is WHY he needs to go on the transfer list. Surely he just plays out his contract and finds a new club in the summer? What purpose is there in going on the transfer list?

so that teams are alerted early. Seems sensible to me.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
So he wants to stay .... even worse

Pull your f***ing fingers out Bloom and Poyet, this is a 1 in 2 striker

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would give him another year with the option for it to be extended by a further year if he scores 15 league goals.

Thereby rewarding success without getting into the territory of appearence clauses, that can backfire if a player is only being used as injury cover.

[edit] For info, Forster scored 15 league goals in his first season with us, 12 last season and 12 so far this season.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
By Andy Naylor »

Albion's top scorer Nicky Forster ...

... Forster has scored 15 goals in 30 games this season and 50 in 116 appearances in total for Albion since a £75,000 move from Hull in June 2007.

Absolute bargain!!

A goal every two game despite being mostly at the grubby end of the table.

Why why why no new contract!!

Who in Albion management or ownership has allowed this to happen!!

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005

agreed he cant move anywhere permanently so the most he can get is a loan till the end of the season. therefore why not just stick it out?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

100% agree, not really sure what the oint of that is but there you go...:cry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here