Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicky Forster in temporary charge of Brentford

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Looks very harsh. He's been sacked off the back of a poor run of form, they've had some good results this season, wins at Stains and Colchester in particular.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
They were going really well till the turn of the year. But then...

Bournemouth 3 Brentford 1
Yeovil 2 Brentford 0
Peterboro 2 Brentford 1
Brentford 1 Exeter 1
Brentford 1 Exeter 1
Oldham 2 Brentford 1
Brentford 1 Yeovil 2
Dagenham 4 Brentford 1

Patience ran out pretty quickly, thats only really Januarys results.

Didn't they have a good Cup result this season. I want to say a penalty shoot-out win vs Everton, in fact I will say it ... a penalty shoot-out win vs Everton. that sort of game and result would last long in the memory you'd think. If it's just down to results this year, then that's very harsh. Losses at Bournemouth and Posh isn't harsh, so it's really 2 defeats to Yeovil that built up so much pressure he was one bad defeat at Dagenham from being sacked?

Seems VERY harsh.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I'm not too sure about Scott. I guess on the face of it he's done a really good job at Bees and the sacking is probably harsh. However, I can't help but remember him shouting his mouth off about how he both expected and welcomed interest from 'better' clubs or something along those lines. I never like it when managers do that. Also, considering the fact that Brentford started the season terribly and have never really got above mid-table in a pretty inconsistent league, maybe he wasn't quite as good as he thought.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If it's just down to results this year, then that's very harsh. Losses at Bournemouth and Posh isn't harsh, so it's really 2 defeats to Yeovil that built up so much pressure he was one bad defeat at Dagenham from being sacked?

Seems VERY harsh.

He had probably "lost the changing room" - Nicky will have made sure of that :wink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He'll do well, given time, imo

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Looks very harsh. He's been sacked off the back of a poor run of form, they've had some good results this season, wins at Stains and Colchester in particular.
By their standards, they spent quite a lot before the season started. I think the supporters and board were expecting a challenge to the play off places, which in fairness looked like it might materialise before that poor run of form.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Let's hope he doesn't have any "Nicky Forsters" to manage. Then again I hope he does. Be nice if he has a 'orrible jumped up shit stiring **** to deal with.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Let's hope he doesn't have any "Nicky Forsters" to manage. Then again I hope he does. Be nice if he has a 'orrible jumped up shit stiring **** to deal with.

Would that be a good example of irony, or simply coincidence?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Meanwhile, I think Jake Caskey is now known as Jake Forster-Caskey :lolol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
seems it could be a very short-lived appointment for Nicky. Sky are reporting that Brentford have already approached Gary Johnson to take over

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So Forster finally get the chance he has been trying to engineer for himself, since he was here(thank f*** he did not succeed). Lets see how he deals with players whispering in corners and plotting against the managment. Probbley the same as Gus did with him, only I doubt he will be half the manager Gus is.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
personally don't have a bad word for him and wish him good luck what ever his future holds

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He had probably "lost the changing room" - Nicky will have made sure of that
Originally posted by Mr Burns View Post

kevtherev

So Forster finally get the chance he has been trying to engineer for himself, since he was here(thank f*** he did not succeed). Lets see how he deals with players whispering in corners and plotting against the managment. Probbley the same as Gus did with him, only I doubt he will be half the manager Gus is.

This

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
thought it funny that they were talking about Gary Neville today on the radio, describing him as a real Barrack Room Lawyer and a couple of minutes later mentioned Nicky Forster taking the temporary reins at Brentford - now if ever there was an archetype for a BRL.........................

hope he does well though and think he will

Stumpy Tim

f*** me. Why the antagonism towards Nicky. Scored lots of goals for us, was very articulate, but (as he admits) made a mistake trying to engineer a new contract. What else did he do. Good luck to him. I hope he does well

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
wonder if nicky played any part in Scott's dismissal! good luck to him and all that (he was superb for us throughout his first season and a half) though.

on a separate note, i see adams and booker are working their magic at sheffield united. no wins in about 6 games now. plus he's just signed a bunch of journeymen cloggers on loan in a desperate attempt to reverse results. sound familiar?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here