Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nick Ward

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Ward reminds me of those guys that can do loads of tricks but when you stick them in an actual game they're shite. His one trick was playing that 'killer' ball. Takes him like 20 attempts to doing but he occassionaly did.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
good player, granted may lose the ball a bit but willing to put up with it for those balls that lead to goals.

challengechappers

Sep 14, 2005
typical of the sort of bollcoks written on here. Ward is just the type of player i miss watching at the albion: the sort of lower division talisman who would fanny around most of the match and then play a killer ball to create a goal and win the game. ie- a bit like dean wilkins in his prime !!! same for geoff minton and jimmy case, on his second period with the albion (never saw him the first time). we've totally lacked that sort of player for years and it's why albion have becoming so boring to watch.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
challengechappers said:
typical of the sort of bollcoks written on here. Ward is just the type of player i miss watching at the albion: the sort of lower division talisman who would fanny around most of the match and then play a killer ball to create a goal and win the game. ie- a bit like dean wilkins in his prime !!! same for geoff minton and jimmy case, on his second period with the albion (never saw him the first time). we've totally lacked that sort of player for years and it's why albion have becoming so boring to watch.

Well said, just as well Lee Trundle does not play for us, all those chips, flicks and feints would cause CORONARIES amongst our Daily Express reading fans if they did not come off 100%

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Lets be honest it would be nice to have that sort of player but not one who loses the ball as often as he does.

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
challengechappers said:

What's Paul Brooker doing nowadays? Could do a job?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
challengechappers said:

I was thinking about the Albion and their current malaise. I have a theory that we could be well well sorted if we had a player that could regularly exploit Robinson's pace through the middle and was trying to think of the last player in a Brighton shirt who could play that ball and came up with Minton myself.

I agree, ward could be in that bracket. However, he could also be another Jason Peake...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Les Biehn said:
Lets be honest it would be nice to have that sort of player but not one who loses the ball as often as he does.
Exactly.

He COULD become a good player in time but I have seen him in every game he's played for us bar yesterday and other than the goal against Forest he has done nothing worthwhile, he gives the ball away FAR too cheaply and people mistake it for flair. :lolol:
Apparently this makes me a Daily Express reader. :lol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Silent Bob said:
Diana was murdered by evil muslim cleric Nick Ward.

Do you know what I couldn't even come up with a headline because I don't think I have ever read the Express.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Les Biehn said:
Do you know what I couldn't even come up with a headline because I don't think I have ever read the Express.

There were lots of copies on the coffee table in my house, did you resist the urge to peek when I left the room?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
ginadim said:
There were lots of copies on the coffee table in my house, did you resist the urge to peek when I left the room?

I was to busy molesting your dog.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here