Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nick Griffin on trial for free speech?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Has anyone here been paying attention to the trial?
I watched the documentry which precipitated the case and I did not hear anything that would be deemed to be incitement from Griffin.
Tyndall yes as he was spouting anti-semetic abuse but that old scumbag snuffed it before he could face the judge.

This government isn't promoting tolerance it is trying to impose silence. To promote tolerance you debate thorney issues and if you cant come to a consensus you can usually come to an understanding as you can weed out the mythical elements of an arguement.

Personally i see this trial as a political stunt that has backfired regardless of outcome. With the first post 7/7 terrorist bombings elections comming up and the trial gaining more and more coverage overseas the only people who will gain from it are the BNP.

As I said before, labour are clueless when it comes to race relations.

Opinions?

E

enigma

Griffin is a twat and deserves all he gets. I didnt hear what he said, but he's a nasty piece of work, and over the years he's probably done enough to merit his charge.

Tyndall was a horrible man, I hope he rots.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I've been reading the reports and it is a very interesting case. Griffin and co were making speeches which were loosely based on facts or allegations but then going over the top.

No doubt that they are racist, but that isn't a criminal offence.

Very tricky this one to see the line between free speech and incitement.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
enigma said:
Griffin is a twat and deserves all he gets. I didnt hear what he said, but he's a nasty piece of work, and over the years he's probably done enough to merit his charge.

so someone you particularly dont like doesn't deserve respect or a fair trial from our legal system? Or be able to offer up his opinions? You said you went to university?

We got a taste of this when Blair called for Hoddle to be sacked for airing his religous veiws, would he be on trial?

The muslim council leader was investigated by the fuzz for spouting his veiw on Homo's, but being a muslim he gets let of.

Still I dont think any of them deserve police harrasment, the sack or to go on trial for their beleifs.
This governments turning fascist.:angry: :angry: :angry:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Their mission statement says a great deal to me....

The British National Party exists to secure a future for the indigenous peoples of these islands in the North Atlantic which have been our homeland for millennia. We use the term indigenous to describe the people whose ancestors were the earliest settlers here after the last great Ice Age and which have been complemented by the historic migrations from mainland Europe. The migrations of the Celts, Anglo-Saxons, Danes, Norse and closely related kindred peoples have been, over the past few thousands years, instrumental in defining the character of our family of nations.

:shootself

Does he see himself as some modern day hero, trying to rescue us from the throngs of foreigners!?!?!

His speech is likely to incite racial hatred, so I hope he is punished for this.

Griffin - f*** off you goon

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
I've been reading the reports and it is a very interesting case. Griffin and co were making speeches which were loosely based on facts or allegations but then going over the top.

Good post, There is also the question of who's incitement? Griffin was secretly filmed at a meeting, it was aired by Channel 4 who pulled a documentry about Muslims getting girls hooked on smack then forced nto prostitution in Bradford on grounds of incitement.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
Its interesting that this is happening at the same time as the hearing of the guy with a hook hand. He has definately incited racial hatred and violence. In comparison Griffin is very moderate. Anti-semitism seems to have been legalised in England of late which is a great shame.

You are right about the silencing, and the BNP made a big point of this some years ago by taping their mouths up at the election result counts. Unfortunately, it's hard to be tolerant of intolerance. I personally favour no laws in this regard. Let people say or think what they want and it is in the open. When its pushed underground it riots and suicide bombers seem to be the result.

E

enigma

looney said:
so someone you particularly dont like doesn't deserve respect or a fair trial from our legal system? Or be able to offer up his opinions? You said you went to university?

We got a taste of this when Blair called for Hoddle to be sacked for airing his religous veiws, would he be on trial?

The muslim council leader was investigated by the fuzz for spouting his veiw on Homo's, but being a muslim he gets let of.

Still I dont think any of them deserve police harrasment, the sack or to go on trial for their beleifs.
This governments turning fascist.:angry: :angry: :angry:

Hold your horses, dont patronise me spelling guru. Everyone deserves a fair trial. Griffin though is a nasty man, if he did get put down he would deserve it for what he's done over the years, even if in this particular case he may not. I havent seen so I cant judge. Call it karma.

The muslim guy deserves to get put down, but is Abu Hamza not on trial, albeit for more extreme things? Does this not show its not quite the anti-white conspiracy you believe it to be?

And if we're talking about homophobic views you're a fine one to talk!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dandyman

In London village.
chip said:
Its interesting that this is happening at the same time as the hearing of the guy with a hook hand. He has definately incited racial hatred and violence. In comparison Griffin is very moderate. Anti-semitism seems to have been legalised in England of late which is a great shame.

You are right about the silencing, and the BNP made a big point of this some years ago by taping their mouths up at the election result counts. Unfortunately, it's hard to be tolerant of intolerance. I personally favour no laws in this regard. Let people say or think what they want and it is in the open. When its pushed underground it riots and suicide bombers seem to be the result.

Griffin is actually a Holocaust denier who has previously been convicted for inciting anti-Jewish hatred.

As far as this particular case goes, I would want of see a text of his speach before cominmg to a conclusion on the legal situation. I am aware that another speaker spoke about "Asians" while Griffin seemed to smart enough to use the euphemism of "muslim".

E

enigma

Dandyman said:
Griffin is actually a Holocaust denier who has previously been convicted for inciting anti-Jewish hatred.

As far as this particular case goes, I would want of see a text of his speach before cominmg to a conclusion on the legal situation. I am aware that another speaker spoke about "Asians" while Griffin seemed to smart enough to use the euphemism of "muslim".

I was just about to mention the Holocaust thing. Griffin really is scum.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hatterlovesbrighton said:

Totally agree. And I can't help thinking that if this was a casual racist gobbing off in a pub back-room saying the same things, he wouldn't be being pulled up for it.

To be honest, I think the middle class handwringers who seem to run television are doing a lot of harm by meddling in these things as it fuelling the perception that white racists are being persecuted whereas muslim terrorists can say what they like.

E

enigma

A quote of his

When the former MP Alex Carlisle reported Griffin for inciting racial hatred and Holocaust denial, Griffin fumed: “This bloody Jew, our local MP who organised the raid whose only claim to fame is that two of his parents died in the Holocaust”

E

enigma

Another quote from the BNP in 1996

"The BNP has no objection to Muslims having their own places of worship – providing they are in Muslim countries and not in Britain”.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Should jack Straw go on trial for calling whites mongrals? Or other labour mp's for their anti-semetic remarks(I am not including Ken livingstone here, his comments were stupid and inapropriate.)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
enigma said:
Another quote from the BNP in 1996

"The BNP has no objection to Muslims having their own places of worship – providing they are in Muslim countries and not in Britain”.
We're not arguing whether or not the BNP are nasty racist scumbags though are we?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Nick Griffin and his hordes of intelligentsia (see, insult them with big words, they don't understand it) are not the nicest people on the planet, but they are not the nastiest. And they have as much right to free speech as everyone else, as long as they stay within the laws of the land. Whether you like them or not is immaterial, it really doesn't matter. However, the rule has to apply evenly across all platforms. The speed with which Griffin can be tried in court is disproportionate to the speed with which Hamza was placed in court. There is a definite soft-shoe-shuffle taking place around perceived minorities which should not be happening. The head of the Muslim council claims that homosexuals are immoral, have no place in society, and are prone to catching diseases - if they have no place in society, how does he imagine they should be removed from society?

The rules of inflammatory speech are there for everyone, not just those that the courts decide they can go after without causing offence.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
looney said:
I am not including Ken livingstone here, his comments were stupid and inapropriate.
Debatable. He was being badgered by a hack from a shit rag, and was comparing the hack's conduct to that of a concentration camp guard "just following orders".

I don't believe for one minute that tosspiece found it offensive. And anyway, Ken was right.

E

enigma

A great one about John Tyndall here, shows what a sad c u n t he was.

Unfortunately Tyndall resembled Colin Jordan from the point of view that he worshipped his mother. On his 30th birthday (still unmarried and living with his mother) he invited his faithful to a party where his mother presented a birthday cake which she had baked especially for the occasion. The day was a Friday and time was 6pm. At that particular moment a pop show called Ready Steady Go presented by a local girl named Cathy McGowan was screened on the TV. Everyone dashed off into the back room to watch Cathy while Tyndall remained alone in the front room with tears streaming down his face, crying over his mother's uneaten cake.

PUSSY :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here