Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nick Cave gig on Sunday - NSC meet up

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
There's quite a few of us going to this. Should be a good one if the recent tour was anything to go by.

I was thinking that if anyone wanted to come and say hello, that we could have a beer beforehand in the Fiddler's Elbow in Boyce Street just off West Street by the amusements. I'll probably be in there from around 6 ish nursing a hangover.

It'd be good to see all the NSCers who are also into the great man.

Thanks

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The COGNOSCENTI will be in attendance at the NSC Meat Up. Along with the GLITTERATI and the PAPARAZZI. Should be a GRAND ol' night :thumbsup:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
:bounce:

I'll be easy to spot. I am really really hungover and am coming down from a MAHOOSIVE mum and dad bender.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Started with a mini-meat-up in the Fiddlers Elbow, where we failed to spot the half-Hungarian. Nice to meet The Merry Prankster, and say hello again to Lush and KSA and the gaunt and ghostly hungover drinking-pints-of-diet-coke Buzzer. Oh, and cheers for the Glasvegas tip-off, Lee, ticket now purchased :thumbsup:

Could have done without the wristband, and weird to have ticket scanned by the very same H Block stewards who had spent all of Saturday afternoon scowling at my end of Row F, but even the Centre couldn't kill the gig stone dead, horrible council lego-house that it is. STORMER of a set by the dark lord of Hove IMHO. High energy performance, his two full kit drummers and the evil dwarf violin person,surely Charles Manson's more deranged brother? Cracking Dig Lazarus Dig, strangely beautiful piano interlude in the middle, crystal clear lyrics, much high-kicking, fun with hecklers, and Yeah! enjoyed it a lot! Correct use of a Sunday night. One might even say YAY! :clap2:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Started with a mini-meat-up in the Fiddlers Elbow, where we failed to spot the half-Hungarian. Nice to meet The Merry Prankster, and say hello again to Lush and KSA and the gaunt and ghostly hungover drinking-pints-of-diet-coke Buzzer. Oh, and cheers for the Glasvegas tip-off, Lee, ticket now purchased :thumbsup:

Could have done without the wristband, and weird to have ticket scanned by the very same H Block stewards who had spent all of Saturday afternoon scowling at my end of Row F, but even the Centre couldn't kill the gig stone dead, horrible council lego-house that it is. STORMER of a set by the dark lord of Hove IMHO. High energy performance, his two full kit drummers and the evil dwarf violin person,surely Charles Manson's more deranged brother? Cracking Dig Lazarus Dig, strangely beautiful piano interlude in the middle, crystal clear lyrics, much high-kicking, fun with hecklers, and Yeah! enjoyed it a lot! Correct use of a Sunday night. One might even say YAY! :clap2:

I'm regretting my decision not to go.

I WAS THERE........ I walked round a few times until people started staring at me which was probably because I was staring at them hoping they'd cry,FRANK ?
Stood at the bar on the left as you go in, In front of the (Harveys pump).
Oh well, what a pity.

Realise why I've always hated the Center, but enjoyed the Lord of Hove as usual.
Next gig in Sussex is Isabel Campbell in Bexhill then Elbow next year.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I WAS THERE........ I walked round a few times until people started staring at me which was probably because I was staring at them hoping they'd cry,FRANK ?
Stood at the bar on the left as you go in, In front of the (Harveys pump).
Oh well, what a pity.

Indeed. Twas a shame. We should have had your mobile number or something. We are truly bears of very little brain. Sorry about that.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Very good gig. Made better by meeting Tom Hark, Lush, KSA and more.
Very sorry to miss you Frank. Its quite hard to spot a half Hungarian in a very crowded pub, I foolishly assumed that you would be wearing national folk costume. I am sad we didn't have a chance to swop Tom Waits tales.
Buzzer a little subdued but still a pleasure to see. Lets do it again hopefully at a Dengue Fever gig.

I WAS in National costume, which make it all more galling.

(Frank and Mrs Wildy Ears tried hard not to stand out in a crowded Brighton pub)................

Attachments

• HungarianCouple.jpg
    HungarianCouple.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 63

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
my babysitter wa late so went straight to centre - great gig, 1st time in about 10 gigs Cave has played Tupelo for me - that made my night

THE SANDMAN IS MUUUUUUUUUUUUUD

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here