Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nice to see the team bonding during the winter break

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Oh for goodness sake. They’re not doing any harm. They’re young lads out having fun, being silly. They’re not breaking the law or hurting anyone.

Some here here must have lived incredibly sheltered lives, that clip of them is incredibly tame, just sitting around a table. You get far worse behaviour in any pub anywhere any night in Brighton.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Well yes the danger is miniscule, the issue is more to do with the reputation and (I shudder to use the word) brand of the club which is clearly important enough that if I was caught doing it in the bogs at the Amex I have no doubt at all that i'd get banned from games for several years
Spot on.
Barber and Morris would consider it besmirching.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Oh for goodness sake. They’re not doing any harm. They’re young lads out having fun, being silly. They’re not breaking the law or hurting anyone.

Some here here must have lived incredibly sheltered lives, that clip of them is incredibly tame, just sitting around a table. You get far worse behaviour in any pub anywhere any night in Brighton.
It's the optics though isn't it. These players are paid a lot of money and they are hardly the kids of the team.

The club will go to great lengths to drum into them that this kind of behaviour is unacceptable. And if you're gonna do it at least get a decent table and a few bouncers to stop people taking pics.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It's the optics though isn't it. These players are paid a lot of money and they are hardly the kids of the team.

The club will go to great lengths to drum into them that this kind of behaviour is unacceptable. And if you're gonna do it at least get a decent table and a few bouncers to stop people taking pics.

What kind of behaviour? Don’t you see you’re buying into the narrative they’ve done something wrong?

What laws have they broken. Who have they harmed?

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
So what did I miss before it was taken down?

A few unknown gentlemen sitting around a table at a leisure evening with some lovely young ladies.
"Music"is playing. The atmosphere is a bit Jazz Club.

A few of the gentlemen are blowing up party balloons but some wag has reversed the clip to make it look as though the contents of the balloons are being inhaled.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Looks like it's been taken down but I take it the boys been huffing the gas? Who's involved?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
IMG_20200211_224754.jpg

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Ban the lot of them for the rest of the season.

They should be in sack cloth at a monastic retreat like all those other superstar footballers.

Oh.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Looks like Dale is there too btw.

Don’t think he had a balloon though. Wouldn’t surprise me if he took it and immediately passed it sideways. Force of habit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Am I the only one who doesn't think this is much of a big deal?

Probably not. And I totally agree players need and deserve some downtime.

But much like the drunken crowd-surfing extended partyboy flipflop party that happened after we secured promotion to the PL - that ended up binning off the Title - this won't be a particularly great look if we end up playing at Wycombe next season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In about 3 months time, most of these players can all mince off to their luxury yachts, all-inclusive secluded Dubai palaces, Las Vegas parties and Caribbean retreats for weeks on end, spending money like it doesn't even exist for them. 3 months.

The rest of us are kind of hoping that when we rock up again in August, having paid our dues, we'll still have a team playing Liverpool and Spurs again, as opposed to Reading and Middlesbrough.

I don't mind them getting away in the midst of a relegation battle for a bit of R&R and some sun on their backs. But if they come back and STINK the place out, then this is the kind of thing that might just rankle a bit.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Lol. Should throw a load of balloons on the pitch next game.

Won’t go down well if we don’t win one of the next two games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here