Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice piece with Liam Brady in the Argus

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
"It's remarkable how the club have kept going really. That is credit to Dick and the people helping him. At least we have now got people who really have the club at heart."

That coming from someone who knows football is great testament to what DK & MP have been doing.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Not getting into the " was he a good manager" debate because we all know he was never given a fair crack of the whip at Brighton. All I'll say is that if Dick Knight carries on as chairman for a few years, I wouldn't be surprised to see Brady back at the club one day in some capacity. Maybe as a part-time coach or even on the board?

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Everest said:
"It's remarkable how the club have kept going really. That is credit to Dick and the people helping him. At least we have now got people who really have the club at heart."

That coming from someone who knows football is great testament to what DK & MP have been doing.

I was just going to quote that. DK knockers take note.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Quantum said:
Respect Brady ! Never forget the early games with him in charge. The first game I believe was Barnet and Brady put 3,000 on the gate. I think the second home game was a 4 - 1 crushing of Bournemouth in front of a packed North Stand.......marvellous

The Bournemouth game was 3-3 and we were 3-1 down with only a few minutes left.I think Paul macCarthy got the 3rd in injury time.Now call me a know-all.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
BRIGHT ON Q said:
The Bournemouth game was 3-3 and we were 3-1 down with only a few minutes left.I think Paul macCarthy got the 3rd in injury time.Now call me a know-all.

The 4-1 game was against Cambridge, Nogan got 3 and Simon Funnell got one of his only goals. Mark Flatts made his debut - remember him.

What I remember about Brady best was when we invaded the pitch v Notts Co, he came out talked to the fans, said he understood our anger, but promised to win the game if we left the pitch. True to his word, we won. Getting Brady to manage under Archer/ Bellotti was like getting Maria Callas to sing karaoke. The guy deserved an awful lot better.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Nobody I know has a bad word to say about Brady. A man of the highest integrity who can, in part, be credited with helping to save the club.

He will always be welcome at the Albion.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
active with dick???

Barnet Seagull said:
"It wasn't a straightforward decision for me to go back to Arsenal," Brady revealed. "I was very active with Dick at the time

i do hope that was in a footballing sense... lol

could not believe my eyes when i say LB on the bench, or even at a fans dinner.. good luck to him.

:drink:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
LANGDON SEAGULL said:
The 4-1 game was against Cambridge, Nogan got 3 and Simon Funnell got one of his only goals. Mark Flatts made his debut - remember him.

What I remember about Brady best was when we invaded the pitch v Notts Co, he came out talked to the fans, said he understood our anger, but promised to win the game if we left the pitch. True to his word, we won. Getting Brady to manage under Archer/ Bellotti was like getting Maria Callas to sing karaoke. The guy deserved an awful lot better.

Bellotti reportedly went ballistic at Brady when he said that he 'understood how the fans felt'.

Thinking back to those days makes me realise how far we've come, but how much further we still have to go. All the people today who want us not to have stadium at Falmer (easily and obviously the best site) are, for me, in the same league as Archer and Bellotti.

Last edited:

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
BRIGHT ON Q said:

one of my favourite games since ive been supporting the albion. (18 years now), every possible emotion- we thought we were going to storm them they went three one up. a chappers spectacular from about 25 yards right into the north stand goal , and then the north stand sucking in the equaliser courtesey of a Paul Mcarthy diving header.

awesome memories!

oh, and Brady would have been a great manager for us if none of the shinanigans had occured.

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
LANGDON SEAGULL said:

What I remember about Brady best was when we invaded the pitch v Notts Co, he came out talked to the fans, said he understood our anger, but promised to win the game if we left the pitch. True to his word, we won.

Just thinking about that makes me well up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here