Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice Pie! Wheres The Meat.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The supporters bar was talked about as doubling up with the College Refectory I think. This would mean a large bar area, in use all week for the college, then becoming the supporters bar on matchdays. At least that is what I thought I remembered them discussing, at the meeting at Hove Town Hall when they presented the revised plans for the whole development.

As is the case at Lewes FC, if the Albion at Falmer don't have a bar that serves drink when people want to drink, or even half a dozen bars with varying degrees of membership, then they'll be the only losers. Bigtime. For Albion fans have formidable thirsts, which can be quenched, if need be, after a ten minute train trip. It would be in Falmer stadium's interest to keep fans buying stuff post-match for an hour or two. Tho wouldn't surprise me in the least if they miss that trick.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
As the credit crunch will delay the completion of Falmer there is little point at this time worrying as to whether there will be a bar.
The activity at the moment is minimal and being carried out purely to justify the Boards promise,completion is another thing.
One day perhaps we will be told just which Bank is putting up the loan,this information would be useful to Everton and Liverpool who are having problems with their proposed new stadiums.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
As the credit crunch will delay the completion of Falmer there is little point at this time worrying as to whether there will be a bar.
The activity at the moment is minimal and being carried out purely to justify the Boards promise,completion is another thing.
One day perhaps we will be told just which Bank is putting up the loan,this information would be useful to Everton and Liverpool who are having problems with their proposed new stadiums.

You really have no grip on the reality of this project do you? Here i will spell it out for you in plain English.

WE HAVE TO HAVE PROVED TO THE COUNCIL THAT THE MEANS TO BUILD THE STADIUM ARE IN PLACE OR THEY WOULD NOT HAVE HANDED THE LAND OVER.

That clear enough for you??

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
You really have no grip on the reality of this project do you? Here i will spell it out for you in plain English.

WE HAVE TO HAVE PROVED TO THE COUNCIL THAT THE MEANS TO BUILD THE STADIUM ARE IN PLACE OR THEY WOULD NOT HAVE HANDED THE LAND OVER.

That clear enough for you??

Mr Steward, hating to doubt the veracity of this post or indeed, the vicissitudes of your previous posts on this subject - but I think you will find the business world is littered with broken promises and `assurances of funding`, which have clouded eyes far more discerning than those on Brighton Council. I do believe that the stadium will happen - but I think there may be problems ahead before it does - (something even Martin Perry admits to) - so while your blind optimism may be creditable, your blind faith is not, and you should desist instructing people on what they should or should not believe.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Last I heard was the supporters bar was not happening, as it is not really sustainable.

So with any luck no Harveys on site.

That means the older elements of the GDC will have to drink into their beards at the Swan where Mr Woodruff will happily serve at the bar, Ann De Vagina-Monologue will play the honky-tonk piano and Norman Pervert will merrily collect all the glasses.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I'm sure appropriate pressure will be brought to bear so far as slaking thirsts is concerned.
It's cutlery you want to be going MAD about. Do they give a fork?

Not Sustainable!

Last I heard was the supporters bar was not happening, as it is not really sustainable.

So with any luck no Harveys on site.

WHAT THE HELL!
DOES ANYONE HAVE THE SLIGHTEST IDEA HOW MUCH REVENUE THERE WOULD BE FROM A SUPPORTERS BAR/SOCIAL CLUB?
30 YEARS AGO THE PALACE HAD SEVERAL HUNDRED EATING AND DRINKING BEFORE AND AFTER GAMES IN THERE CLUB.
WE THOUGHT ONE DAY WE WILL HAVE A SET UP LIKE THIS. A GROUND STUCK OUT OF TOWN AWAY FROM PUBS AND FOOD OUTLETS IS CRYING OUT FOR THESE AMENITIES.
WE NEED ONE, THE ALBION NEED ONE.
JUST OFF TO SEE LENNIE COHEN,THAT WILL CHEER ME UP.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
WHAT THE HELL!
DOES ANYONE HAVE THE SLIGHTEST IDEA HOW MUCH REVENUE THERE WOULD BE FROM A SUPPORTERS BAR/SOCIAL CLUB?
30 YEARS AGO THE PALACE HAD SEVERAL HUNDRED EATING AND DRINKING BEFORE AND AFTER GAMES IN THERE CLUB.
WE THOUGHT ONE DAY WE WILL HAVE A SET UP LIKE THIS. A GROUND STUCK OUT OF TOWN AWAY FROM PUBS AND FOOD OUTLETS IS CRYING OUT FOR THESE AMENITIES.
WE NEED ONE, THE ALBION NEED ONE.
JUST OFF TO SEE LENNIE COHEN,THAT WILL CHEER ME UP.

Calm down they are winding you up. :drink:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Awesome plans. Can't see any Hospitality suites though, they would need alcohol to be available. Also if you are male you need to have a dump before you leave home. Minimum availability of a sit down, just like the Goldstone. :clap:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Surely any building plans will only have designated areas and, I would expect, there would be a number of areas for food & drink ranging from full scall restaraunts down to burger bars.

There's no need, at the building stage, to mark one out specifically for a supporters bar.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Clearly we will have to start cobbling bits together for the Fans Social Club ourselves as no one in an official capacity is interested....

Right I have identified the club bore, so we can tick that one off. Next ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here