Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice one

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I don't see that the FA can stop "foreigners" buying clubs. There is nothing to say that all foreign buyers are bad, or that all British ones are good. They should investigate the individuals involved, doesn't matter where they come from.

Quite. Bill Archer and Greg Stanley are good Arabic names aren't they...

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
its distressing to see a genuine club like Plymouth struggle, and as others have said, its not a leeds or pompey situation where they havn't paid creditors. I sincerely hope they pull through, and they do have a club to support in the future. Best of luck to Plymouth, after tonight of course.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
its distressing to see a genuine club like Plymouth struggle, and as others have said, its not a leeds or pompey situation where they havn't paid creditors. I sincerely hope they pull through, and they do have a club to support in the future. Best of luck to Plymouth, after tonight of course.

This - Plymouth were my local league team when I was exiled to Cornwall so I'd hate to see the League without them.

pilgrimmike1

Feb 22, 2011
I don't see that the FA can stop "foreigners" buying clubs. There is nothing to say that all foreign buyers are bad, or that all British ones are good. They should investigate the individuals involved, doesn't matter where they come from.
I wish it was as clear cut as that as like you say not all are bad but you have to ask yourself why would foreign money men want to buy lower division clubs like Plymouth or even god forbid Brighton. I take on board what you say as my wife has a online fabric buisness and deals a lot with the Japanese people to which I have to say are the most honest and reliable folk you could ever wish to meet, in fact I will go one step further and say that they put us uk folk to shame. However we all know about the bad apples and the core needs to be cut out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here